Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Even the above map shouldnt be acceptable in this forum. This is afterall an Indian forum. One can easily get a standard Indian map. But if one still wants to project otherwise, then this forum should not be the place to do such anti-indian stuff. Just my thoughts...
There is no Pakistan or China in that map, which is what makes it acceptable.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Hello,
I've noticed that when I post pics on the forums, they're re-sized (to 400px × 300px) & become relatively small. Can't they be scaled down to a more reasonable size?...say like 640px X 480px something?? It'll be more convenient as we won't have to enlarge every photo when viewing..
Thank you :),
E1
about the size of the picture, enlightened1 we have made the default option but will check if we can change the resolution then we will do it surely
DFI gurus it's been so long.:)>:)>:)> Any follow-ups?
:dharna:

A.V.

its because of the modification that we use to resize the photos allows this size
the modification does not give us much option but does so automatically but dont worry its the sate with all vbulletion forums not in our hands actually its better than having the large unscaled pictures in the default option without the mod

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
its because of the modification that we use to resize the photos allows this size
the modification does not give us much option but does so automatically but dont worry its the sate with all vbulletion forums not in our hands actually its better than having the large unscaled pictures in the default option without the mod
Ok no prob AV.
Thanks for looking into the matter anyways
Regards,
E1

Vladimir79

Professional
We need stricter enforcement of proper grammer. If people are too lazy to write out words in their proper grammatical form it should be deemed an unworthy post of this forum and deleted. Examples being "v" instead of we or u instead of you. Mispelling can be forgiven but laziness should not be tolerated. It is bringing down the quality of this forum if people treat it like texting on the mobile.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
We have notified within the posts and through PMs to all the members to refrain from using SMS language. You will see the difference after some time.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian

I noticed this minor UI issue, that there are 2 dots between DFI Stars category and DFI Members category, whereas there is only one dot between all other pairs.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We need stricter enforcement of proper grammer. If people are too lazy to write out words in their proper grammatical form it should be deemed an unworthy post of this forum and deleted. Examples being "v" instead of we or u instead of you. Mispelling can be forgiven but laziness should not be tolerated. It is bringing down the quality of this forum if people treat it like texting on the mobile.
:rofl: You misspelt misspelling and grammar.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
How about email notifications against comments posted for one's posts ?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
How about email notifications against comments posted for one's posts ?
You could elaborate a little on that, but I think you can already set thread subscription type specific to threads. For threads of your choice, you can make it send you updates via email, and no notification for others.

A feature that sends email notifications people who respond to your posts, in any thread does not exist with vBulletin. The system doesn't see posts as 'responses'. To it, posts you see as responses are merely posts with a one or more quotes.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I'm talking about comments(The one as an option below every post), not replies. One doesn't get to know when someone else posts a comment against a post.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I'm talking about comments(The one as an option below every post), not replies. One doesn't get to know when someone else posts a comment against a post.
Although I've not implemented the micro-comments feature anywhere else, I think each micro-comment is dealt with as a post in the thread (by the system). For the same reason, every new micro-comment will push the thread up the list of 'new posts'.

So, if you set a thread's subscription type as instant/daily e-mail notification, you get notified of new micro-comments too.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Admin Please change the title of Indian technology & Space Capabilities to Indian Aerospace & technologies

ppgj

message box as of now has 'post quick reply' as the default option. many new members (like me, some time back) have difficulty finding the smilies and other options. hence -

1. it would be better if we keep the 'go advanced' as the default option as that will solve the problem for the new members and hence them complaining can be avoided.

2. even now i do not see some of the smiliees that many people use in the smilee options. can something be done to put all smiliees please as an option?

thanks.

A.V.

if possible pls add an option to edit or delete comments
the comments are a vbulletin modification not inbuilt their features are limited and provided by the coders we cant do anything about it just the same as shoutbox
we are the only defence forum who have this comment feature and by the looks of its members seem to enjoy it

S.A.T.A

How many boards here require mod appr for posting new threads?

S.A.T.A

Bhaiyya, why make it approval based there aren't anybody around to approve these threads.why will anyone bother to open a thread.

A.V.

sorry for the delay sata there were 5 staff members online but somehow we missed that

only 3 sections require approve system
the HQ ------------ all posts and new threads
asean forum ----- only new threads posts are auto approved
military photos --- only new threads posts auto

this is done to reduce the number of unnecessary threads with very little discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles