Failed Terrorist State of Pakistan: Idiotic Musings

Vinash

Country flag
Got to admire their unity. If you Hindus went like this to Mamta's house in Bengal, the Hindu population could have been saved.
Wrong analogy.

If somehow Congress comes to power and arrests Modi, the havoc would be a lot more than what's happening in Pak today.

In Bengal's case, it was helpless ordinary Hindus getting killed. Not a messiah-lite like Modi or Imran.

karn

Country flag
I remember the pigs that were boasting about millions of mard e momins armed to the teeth resisting hindu baniya occupation ... Looks like even hijra fauj is enough for these cowards ...atleast IA will give them aata.

Pythonlover

Country flag
Well I agree with people here. I don't think that this protest will sustain for long. I think it will fizzle down in 3-4 days. However, there will be some important consequences.

Power equations in Pakistan
Until now, Army was clearly in charge. Now army has few options.

They back down for now and release Imran Khan
However, Imran Khan will emerge even more popular. If the elections are held, and he wins significantly despite riggings, then he may push to cut down army's powers. In this situation Army will no longer remain the dominant force, at least for few years in near future. The opposition will be decimated though. And Khan may emerge as one of the strongest Pakistani leader ever.

However, the army may become strong again to regain the power by turning the public against Imran Khan. This situation will be reminiscent of Bhutto. Pak army was very unpopular after 1971 defeat. But few years later, Zia Ul Haq was able to turn the public against Bhutto and executed him. This may happen with Imran Khan.

However, if it doesn't, the Pakistan army's power will significantly reduce. And this will be the best thing for India IMO. Pakistan's economic structure, human capital and emphasis on Islam means it will not be able to become a significant economy in near future. Which means it will not become a significant power in near future strong enough to challenge India directly. If Imran Khan will be able to tame the army, any future civilian govt in Pakistan will try to keep the army in tight leash. A weakened Pakistan army will cease to be direct threat to India without strong economy. A strong civilian govt may also lead to resolution of disputes and peace for us. Though a weakened army will try to flare up tensions with India, but it may be controlled by a strong civilian govt.

They don't back down and continue to imprison Imran Khan OR they tame down Imran Khan OR they declare martial law
This will mean Pakistan army will continue to be the dominant force. And if it is able to tame Imran Khan's popularity and protests, then of course the status quo will continue. Or the army may even emerge stronger. This will be a challenge for us IMO. This is because once Khan and protests are tamed, the army may try to win back the popular support by prodding India through terrorist attacks. And in this case there will be no civilian govt to check the army. This is the most likely scenario IMO. I don't think Pakistanis have any guts to protest for long against the army.

Other thing they can do is make a deal with Imran Khan by threatening him or any other way. This will result in the same as above.

They execute Imran Khan
I think this case is highly unlikely. His execution will likely lead to civil war. I don't think Pakistan army is so stupid to do any such thing. But if it does, then I don't think it will be bad for us, if we are able to control the border influx. Shoot at sight will be the best. Because if they enter Indian territory anyhow, the woke courts will definitely allow them to stay on humanitarian basis.

Other points
  1. Pakistan's economy is gone if the protests are not contained within 3-4 days. If economic infrastructure is hit, Pakistan will definitely default this year. Even if it is not hit and the protests continue for long, then also it will default.
  2. Opposition will now I think try even more to not conduct elections.
All inputs and opinions are welcome. There may be some scenario which I missed or some other outcomes of this situation. Please highlight those.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles