F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Bhurki

F-35 procurement cost(including spares, armament, training) and maintenance/operating costs as computed (includes inflation over next 30 years) by the Swiss Air Force technical team.

F-35A procurement cost: CHF 5.07B ($5.48B)
Average F-35A unit cost: $152M

F-35A sustainment cost (30yr): CHF 10.4B ($11.3B)
Average F-35A cost per tail per year: CHF 9.7M ($10.4M)

Total cost: CHF 15.5B ($16.8B)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
On a related note, the Swiss have also chosen Patriot SAM system against French SAMP/T for air/missile defense.

@BON PLAN is awfully quiet. :D

We are gentlemen here. We do not rub salt on our friend's wound. What he did wrong was claim that Rafale was not only on par with 5th gen F-35 but allegedly better than it. It was xlear from the start. In fact according to Swiss sources quoted in some articles all the fighters performed similarly on climb rate. I don't think anyone here can out-argue the Swiss evaluation committee.

Bhurki

We are gentlemen here. We do not rub salt on our friend's wound. What he did wrong was claim that Rafale was not only on par with 5th gen F-35 but allegedly better than it. It was xlear from the start. In fact according to Swiss sources quoted in some articles all the fighters performed similarly on climb rate. I don't think anyone here can out-argue the Swiss evaluation committee.
I understand that, but the sheer amount of unsubstantiated wordcrap you have to tread through in this thread due to a special someone makes it hard to control a burst of laughter when an official study proves against it.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In light of the Swiss findings, the German military clearly had solid basis for preferring the F-35. But as usual, politics has colored an otherwise straight cut military aquisition.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Chris Bogdan, PEO of the F35 program born and raised in NY,US.
He's as american as it gets.
Even the head F-35 designer has a Russian surname Robert Ruszkowski. I dont know man having Russian surnames funding and designing the aircraft makes the aircraft itself feel shady as hell.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles