DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blademaster

one the bright side, it's a upgraded version. from 3 insas to 5.

View attachment 257855
What happens to all those bullets flying up into the air? Due to law of gravity, what goes up must come down, eh? so those bullets must land somewhere right? So how do you keep hapless people from getting hit by these bullets?

Blademaster

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
What happens to all those bullets flying up into the air? Due to law of gravity, what goes up must come down, eh? so those bullets must land somewhere right? So how do you keep hapless people from getting hit by these bullets?
Well its in the border regions so hopefully no one would wander around there but then accidents might happen

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Well its in the border regions so hopefully no one would wander around there but then accidents might happen
Generally terminal velocity of bullet is slow enough that it shouldn't cause serious injuries. But if fired at a low trajectory it can be an issue.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Generally terminal velocity of bullet is slow enough that it shouldn't cause serious injuries. But if fired at a low trajectory it can be an issue.
the makeshift dji drone which our lovely neighbour use does fly low to avoid ir cameras and trackers but then its border area no one goes to close to those areas

OutForVendetta

Country flag
Earlier used think mod and armed forces are incompetent
Now even pmo promoting screwdrivergiri saddens me
This is what atmanirbhar jumla by gujju guy
How is this report supporting screw driver giri ? Can someone please explain ? And how does this effect DCPP ? Genuinely want to know ! From what I understood, the article didn't mention any negatives about the committee ?

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Since we seem to be on a procurement spree of drones - mini & micro including swarm drones & LMs , can anyone with a better grasp on this matter inform us of its efficacy in heights of 6000 mtrs & above or are these only good enough for the plains & deserts ?
well for higher altitude you would need a versatile drone but there is no clarification that it can fly there but since its inducted by our ArMy it must have been through the trials so i think it probably can other than that there are specific drones which says explicitly that they are for high altitudes like that twin roter cargo uav those can definatly fly up in the mountains
this one
1718347430693.png

Drone for Package Delivery _ Long-Range Delivery Drones in India - Google Chrome 14-06-2024 12...png

Azaad

Country flag
No I'm not referring to cargo carrying drones . I'm explicitly referring to ISR & armed mini & micro drones ( like the FPV we see in Ukraine carrying an assault rifle or a grenade) & LM . Do you have any definite information on this with requisite citations & references ?

well for higher altitude you would need a versatile drone but there is no clarification that it can fly there but since its inducted by our ArMy it must have been through the trials so i think it probably can other than that there are specific drones which says explicitly thata they are for high altitudes like that twin roter cargo uav those can definatly fly up in the mountains

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
If they shot off those cameras, how will the crew navigate if they have no sight?
It's a tech demonstrator that's trying to market the optics. If it sees service, operator will demand hatch sights and various other conventional backup sights. Although right now this thing has more chance of being seriously considered for service over the Panther.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
You're a real pal , aren't you now ?! It's to save myself reading tomes & tomes & downloading unnecessary material on my cell or laptop I posed the question & you're guiding me back to those sources.
Bruv as a simpler way most bigger LM have 5.5 km service ceiling and some like als 50 van be increased by carrying lower payload than 50 kg other than than 5.5 km altitude is most you can get but i guess this 'pdf pe pdf' is the agony of us def enthusiasts if the companies just put normal stats on the website we wouldnt have any problems :rofl:

Azaad

Country flag
Bruv as a simpler way most bigger LM have 5.5 km service ceiling and some like als 50 van be increased by carrying lower payload than 50 kg other than than 5.5 km altitude is most you can get but i guess this 'pdf pe pdf' is the agony of us def enthusiasts if the companies just put normal stats on the website we wouldnt have any problems :rofl:
Thanks for the clarification. What about mini & micro FPV drones or swarm drones ? What's their service ceiling ?

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Thanks for the clarification. What about mini & micro FPV drones or swarm drones ? What's their service ceiling ?
hardly 500m-3000m for surveylance drones (medium size)
i dont think there is any comercially available fpv from indian company fpv concept is basically strapping explosive to a commercial drone

either ways give that pdf a read it really good pdf from aero india 2023

Chinmoy

Country flag
hardly 500m-3000m for surveylance drones (medium size)
i dont think there is any comercially available fpv from indian company fpv concept is basically strapping explosive to a commercial drone

either ways give that pdf a read it really good pdf from aero india 2023
We have some pretty decent FPV drones including nano (micro as per govt nomenclature), which are capable to operate at 15k to 18k feet AMSL.
Those are there in the PDF itself.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles