DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Samej Jangir

Country flag
All these rants are meaningless. Not even 1 critical project has been derailed due to finance. The leases, license manufacturing etc have never been done in areas where India was fully capable of indigenous production. All these noise about funds, delays are just fake news. India in last few years even had excess funds refunded back to finance ministry. Rafales, Apaches etc would never have been ordered had India had a dearth of funds.

The reason for not giving orders have always been technological like lack of technology, developing/early stage tech etc. Even submarines are not being made as India did not get all the data from France. Several data for testing, controls etc are critical to ensure that the submarines works as intended and not having that delays things. No defence company has shut shop due to lack of orders. Indian govt knows the risk of giving arbitrary orders for short term in terms of the need to continue long term manpower and expertise. So, orders are distributed and slowed down to ensure continuity is maintained.

Making a big fuss of non existent problems is simply becoming a fashion amongst black pillers. The reality is that we don't know what the reform is about as it is fully secretive. There is no reason to say it is wrong merely because there is opposition. Govt has flagged that DRDO is taking up too many non essential projects which is reducing its efficiency implying that there is likely efforts to cut that down. It is possible that govt wants to restrict DRDO from indulging in non critical project like astronomy, medical devices, theoretical studies, university level researches etc and focus strictly on defence application oriented R&D.

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
I have discussed with Arad operator regarding this
But the point is he writes what he gets to hear from his respective sources and and the reason he states were given by the source itself
Regarding AD yes he is much biased towards armed forces but I have never personally messaged them or talked to any of their handlers so I don't have idea about them
Coming to assault rifles I think the blame lies on armed forces and production agencies
I would agree to that, they are biased on Armed Forces side. But him being unbiased is laughable. Literally they are the one's who said Archer-NG is heron mk-2 while the reality is different. Sucking upto Arad, when it failed to impress SF operators.

HeavyMonkeyBalls

Country flag
I was reading the poster's responses to the reforms suggested by the Vijay Raghvan panel. I fail to understand the source of anxiety here. The panel has recommended good steps, many of those which have been suggested here or on BRF. Few of them are the PM having direct oversight instead of a bureaucrat such as the Defense Secretary. I would suggest the members read the public information available before blackpilling and giving into unnecessary anxiety.

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
I was reading the poster's responses to the reforms suggested by the Vijay Raghvan panel. I fail to understand the source of anxiety here. The panel has recommended good steps, many of those which have been suggested here or on BRF. Few of them are the PM having direct oversight instead of a bureaucrat such as the Defense Secretary. I would suggest the members read the public information available before blackpilling and giving into unnecessary anxiety.

DTC, will have RM, NSA, Academic and Industry Partner for tech related things. Which means easily the MoD can bend towards the 🪛 industry instead of real development.

HeavyMonkeyBalls

Country flag
The report clearly mentions the DRDO should only focus on R&D and not prototyping or such activities. The aim is clearly to turn DRDO into a DARPA-like entity. Regarding screwdrivergiri, I will put my faith in GoI as they have been taking steps to create a MIC in India. I would suggest keeping in mind the past actions of the current GoI rather than black pilling. It drives the quality of discourse down.

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
The report clearly mentions the DRDO should only focus on R&D and not prototyping or such activities. The aim is clearly to turn DRDO into a DARPA-like entity. Regarding screwdrivergiri, I will put my faith in GoI as they have been taking steps to create a MIC in India. I would suggest keeping in mind the past actions of the current GoI rather than black pilling. It drives the quality of discourse down.
Because he didn't even mention about the whole committee report. R&D without proper resources and technology creation, nice step.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I would agree to that, they are biased on Armed Forces side. But him being unbiased is laughable. Literally they are the one's who said Archer-NG is heron mk-2 while the reality is different. Sucking upto Arad, when it failed to impress SF operators.
About archer ng=heron mk2 we have to wait

U have any source regarding arad not satisfying requirement of sf
Coz what I have heard from different videos and forums the users are finding it great and it's a good AR-15 rifle and its usage is wide in Israeli sof even during recent gaza invasion

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
About archer ng=heron mk2 we have to wait

U have any source regarding arad not satisfying requirement of sf
Coz what I have heard from different videos and forums the users are finding it great and it's a good AR-15 rifle and its usage is wide in Israeli sof even during recent gaza invasion
Had a chat with an SF guy, Israeli are good salesman :)
There's no debate regarding the Archer-NG thats in development since 2012.

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag

Blademaster

So now screwdrivergiri will dominate over rnd
Nice
If someone wants to learn how to destroy themselves India will be the best case study

True gujju brain
We will pay dearly for this
Where is the basis for your such conclusions? All I see is that you took something out of context and now you are blackpilling. Please provide your rationale in logical steps that took you to your blackpilled conclusion.

Guys, don't fall for his stupid blackpilling tactics.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Because he didn't even mention about the whole committee report. R&D without proper resources and technology creation, nice step.
Who said no resources? Not making prototypes means that DRDO scientists should not involve themselves in activities like metal cutting, machining etc. It does not prohibit them from making lab samples or design of critical technological equipment of instruments. For example, DRDO making a Tapas drone prototype is a genuine waste of resources as that can be done by HAL or other manufacturing industry using engineers rather than scientists. DRDO scientists can supervise the engineers as 1-2 scientists will be able to supervise a team of engineers, thereby improving efficiency. I don't see how shifting the less critical work to industry will ruin DRDO

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Where is the basis for your such conclusions? All I see is that you took something out of context and now you are blackpilling. Please provide your rationale in logical steps that took you to your blackpilled conclusion.

The proposed restructuring effectively neuters drdo as a research entity, so private players have less competition from govt labs leading to easier screwdrivergiri

Samej Jangir

Country flag
The proposed restructuring effectively neuters drdo as a research entity, so private players have less competition from govt labs leading to easier screwdrivergiri
Private players are there to do screwdrivergiri while DRDO is there to do R&D. Basically, DRDO is the Brahman while the private players are Shudras. I don't see how there is any competition? It improves efficiency, if any

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
:doh::doh::doh:
I can't do anything if u don't remember the discussion and report of drdo reforms
Many pointed out the demerits of the committee reports and drdo had many reservations against it
Pls go back few hundred pages or simple search on top right of ur screen will take u there
Many are aware and even remember those discussions and it was continuation of that
Many people picked it up no need to bring the same discussion again better just search

shade

Country flag
Who said no resources? Not making prototypes means that DRDO scientists should not involve themselves in activities like metal cutting, machining etc. It does not prohibit them from making lab samples or design of critical technological equipment of instruments. For example, DRDO making a Tapas drone prototype is a genuine waste of resources as that can be done by HAL or other manufacturing industry using engineers rather than scientists. DRDO scientists can supervise the engineers as 1-2 scientists will be able to supervise a team of engineers, thereby improving efficiency. I don't see how shifting the less critical work to industry will ruin DRDO
So this is the "Soviet Model" then, there is one design bureau and another manufacturing organization?
Like how the Navy has a warship design bureau but actual shipbuilding is done by sarkar shipyards.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Private players are there to do screwdrivergiri while DRDO is there to do R&D. Basically, DRDO is the Brahman while the private players are Shudras. I don't see how there is any competition? It improves efficiency, if any
Wtf

The point is, that screwdrivergiri is by far an easier choice, and as long as that choice is allowed, RnD will not happen.

If anything, DRDO should be empowered and expanded, not cut off.

shade

Country flag
Wtf

The point is, that screwdrivergiri is by far an easier choice, and as long as that choice is allowed, RnD will not happen.

If anything, DRDO should be empowered and expanded, not cut off.
Canada once had a fighter jet program but then Uncle Sam happened.
Israel had made the IAI Lavi fighterjet but then Uncle Sam's F16 happened.

1716382550124.png

Not interested in us being a screwdrivergiri partner to the "Free World" and basically Turking everything like calling some kikel drone as "Drishti-10"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles