DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
wohh what the hell i missed some hours and so much happened lmao

btw 1600hp for turboprop is overkill cause the plane would be too big too to carry large amount of fuel which would increase the rcs too but lets see we could go for wider options too 1600hp is hell lot of power

and mk2 rollout in 2026 is ambitious too not credible imo

good to see imrh budget being sanctioned (we could maybe use the engines the 1600hp one for a heavy attack heli too)

regarding 20000 tonnes press and carbon fiber and composite manufacturing its the biggest since we need to make 400-600 jets at least in next 10-20 years capacity building is one of the biggest factor in becoming a manufacturing superpower too

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wait for aero India or def expo for authentic news

Actually don't expect much
They are just like Indian courts .....tarikh pe tarikh ...tarikh pe tarikh .....no rollout...
there is an element of marketing during and before expos, some of the statements are given just for consumption of their bosses in Mod and potential clients, and DPSU have their own sarkari journos who play up their news for headlines to get access.

company revenue conference calls are the best source for near accurate info.

jai jaganath

Country flag

Is umh naval version of LUH?
Few doubts regarding uhm
@Arad Operator @Chinmoy
Wasn't the modifications finalized and they were putting those on existing alh
That's what I heard last time
Do u guys have any update on the status of uhm bcoz there were reports that it will go to ccs next as most of the works were done
Then why are they planning to release the amount for development now
Or there is some misconception

Satish Sharma

Country flag

btw 1600hp for turboprop is overkill cause the plane would be too big too to carry large amount of fuel which would increase the rcs too but lets see we could go for wider options too 1600hp is hell lot of power

good to see imrh budget being sanctioned (we could maybe use the engines the 1600hp one for a heavy attack heli too)

regarding 20000 tonnes press and carbon fiber and composite manufacturing its the biggest since we need to make 400-600 jets at least in next 10-20 years capacity building is one of the biggest factor in becoming a manufacturing superpower too
I think a very big UAV is coming with quite long endurance,high altitude & range. It will have quite powerfull isr equipments.. definetely experience of mq9 has paved the way for indigeneous one. Mq9 will influence this hale to its core. we do have all the technologies needed. Lets see what's coming.
1600hp of htse is alot and so is the dimensions compared to mq9 (900hp).. It seems even bigger hale is coming. It's 0.21M longers and 60kg heavier (htse 235kg).

Engine is already there so definetely hale is build around it. So the hale is alot bigger than mq9 and quite alot of capabilities. the cost of mq9 is the reason behind this as we know the requirements for hale is alot more and just 31 is not enough.. 100million is just too much
Imrh needs 2200hp engine atleast. Which will be developed with France.. most likely atleast for now they say. In future hal might go alone given the technologies they already have.. they must be envied of htse1200..

mamamia12

Can we make our own clones of Su-30MKI like chinkus have with J-11 and J-16?
iirc we have various DRDO projects for radar, missiles and electronics, don't know if the rest of the plane was being manufactured here from scratch or was screwdrivergiri involved.

Both the above Made in China su-27s had ruskie engines so we can ask russis for those but what about the rest?
1.And Jeopardize Reactor Technology of 190MW, Nuclear Submarine(To get familiarity), Oil(Ruskies got shitload under their big ass land), Any Other Raw Materials(Still waiting to excavate) and numerous spare parts? Unlike China, we don't have any leverage to make Russkies bend. Chinkies can do armtwisting of Russia because they can supply Crucial Products to Russia(which it doesn't have access to) unlike a barely industrialized vishwaguru like India.
2. And If you read history of Chinese Copies, the Russkies refused to supply Engines alone and only after the Chinkus brought in some 36 Su-35s as a whole, they got engines. This is with the clout the Chinkus got, and I can imagine they condition us into buying their whole crap. Su-30MKI program is a cash cow for Russkies who basically cheated us with extorbitant amount with a sub-par plane(Later we upgraded it). I bet Russkies don't wanna let go of their cash cow. They wanted to repeat the Su-30MKI Milking Program again with Su-57 which our Genrols wisely opted out.
3. Its waste of time even attempting to do flanker copies, I bet Chinese also figured it out that their flanker copy planes program went nowhere and except for filling in inventories and practically didn't bring any generational-leap capability. They rather went on stealing Western Fighter Jets to make their J-20.
4. Even fundamentally they are built different, unlike our extensive use of components they went for metals which again I don't see the point of learning, emulating and building them. In fact, its a step back.

Samej Jangir

Country flag

I agree that 1600HP is too much for UAV. That will be 10ton UAV and not really needed. Bugger UAVs are just big targets and can't really be used as replacement for fighter jets. The whole advantage of UAV is that it is cheap and fuel efficient which will be nullified if it becomes so big.

As for use in heavy attack helicopter or IMRH, it is too small for it. Current ALH with MToW 5.8tons uses 1070kW/1440HP engines. The new ones are about 10% addition which means it can operate better at high altitude and can have higher payload for ASW operations in Navy. But it can't be used to power 8ton or bigger helicopters.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
1.And Jeopardize Reactor Technology of 190MW, Nuclear Submarine(To get familiarity), Oil(Ruskies got shitload under their big ass land), Any Other Raw Materials(Still waiting to excavate) and numerous spare parts? Unlike China, we don't have any leverage to make Russkies bend. Chinkies can do armtwisting of Russia because they can supply Crucial Products to Russia(which it doesn't have access to) unlike a barely industrialized vishwaguru like India.
2. And If you read history of Chinese Copies, the Russkies refused to supply Engines alone and only after the Chinkus brought in some 36 Su-35s as a whole, they got engines. This is with the clout the Chinkus got, and I can imagine they condition us into buying their whole crap. Su-30MKI program is a cash cow for Russkies who basically cheated us with extorbitant amount with a sub-par plane(Later we upgraded it). I bet Russkies don't wanna let go of their cash cow. They wanted to repeat the Su-30MKI Milking Program again with Su-57 which our Genrols wisely opted out.
3. Its waste of time even attempting to do flanker copies, I bet Chinese also figured it out that their flanker copy planes program went nowhere and except for filling in inventories and practically didn't bring any generational-leap capability. They rather went on stealing Western Fighter Jets to make their J-20.
4. Even fundamentally they are built different, unlike our extensive use of components they went for metals which again I don't see the point of learning, emulating and building them. In fact, its a step back.
India has indigenised all technology of Su30. India only imports non critical parts like ejection seat, titanium blocks for airframes, bearings, clamps etc due to cost issues. Making 6 ejection seats a year is not cost effective. Also, Titanium production in India is very limited. But other than that, engines, radars are all indigenised fully.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles