DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

binayak95

Country flag
tactics evolve as per threat perception, it's par for the course.

what's happening now is that folks who were born during murica's unipolar moment are having a reality check. defence enthusiasts who have seen berlin wall fall on TV, will be more aware of murican warfare in contested spaces, so not a surprise as such.

@Chinmoy
so what happens now to murican war tech that's dependent on GPS? what do they have in pipeline to overcome this?
Fallback to late cold war pre GPS era guidance. Digital Terrain matching.

Azaad

Country flag
Or first start hitting sources of emissions
Ideally , better to have more than one source of guidance on those munitions with AI or some built in sensor enabling a switch once a jammer in a frequency is detected.

Easier said than done , though the tech for this is contemporary & somebody will implement it before everyone else follows , sheep style.

hurrians

Country flag
"The VijayRaghvan panel has stated that nearly 60 per cent of the delays in DRDO projects are caused by internal issues, such as absence of required technologies, and another 18-odd per cent due to the armed forces' proclivity for changing goalposts and specifications"

" It is also the result of a simple outcome that the most crucial aspect of building capabilities depends on many elusive technologies that are hard to acquire through existing mechanisms. What adds to the problem is the lack of R&D in the private sector in its entirety"

Chinmoy

Country flag
tactics evolve as per threat perception, it's par for the course.

what's happening now is that folks who were born during murica's unipolar moment are having a reality check. defence enthusiasts who have seen berlin wall fall on TV, will be more aware of murican warfare in contested spaces, so not a surprise as such.

@Chinmoy
so what happens now to murican war tech that's dependent on GPS? what do they have in pipeline to overcome this?
Its simple if you would ask me.

GPS jamming works basically in a simple way by interfering with the received signal from the satellite. Its all about how you evolve your transceiver in the shell. Anti GPS jamming is already something we all know about and in use in other platforms. Its all about bringing those in Excalibur. Uncle SAM might already have worked on this long back.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@Chinmoy all this renders we see are riyal ?
Is there anything in public that zorawar will have manned Turret or a single capsule sitting besides driver.
there is automatic loader though & crew requirement is also 2 or 3
I think chinkis are working in same direction.
Zorawar was planned with John Cockerill 105 turret. So forget about it being an unmanned turret. If BF has come up with something brilliant otherwise, which i highly doubt, its going to be a manned turret.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes home on jamming.
That's why long range jammers are needed. This hemraj like EWs provide long range jamming. Ukraine has managed to struck mobile jammers which closer to battlefields.
If armour is moving in the coverage of such above named long range EWs then this can be tackled.

The hemshakti derived of hemraj is specifically designed for mountains only. I have heard it is working very well in Kashmir.
How do you hom in on jammer?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Attacking of trenches and other fortifications.
Entering of fortified or booby-trapped areas (urban and otherwise)
Russia is already trying out the land based drones to clear Ukrainian strongholds.
I am talking about using the robo dogs in border skirmishes.

For urban warfare scenario, we could see its usage. But China and India are going to clash on Himalayan heights. Or they would be landing on the beach of Taiwan. How to suppose these dogs would work in such an environment.

The biggest expeditionary force, US Marine has already rejected 2 version of this system for this same reason. Their special forces are although studying it in urban war scenario. But as of now, all the Chinese have done till date with them are about posting some POOPA-GANDA videos.

binayak95

Country flag
Its simple if you would ask me.

GPS jamming works basically in a simple way by interfering with the received signal from the satellite. Its all about how you evolve your transceiver in the shell. Anti GPS jamming is already something we all know about and in use in other platforms. Its all about bringing those in Excalibur. Uncle SAM might already have worked on this long back.
Kya Chinmoy bhai. Aap bhi.

The only way to long term secure guidance is to launch new satellites with more powerful transmitters and encryption. A more dedicated military GNSS.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just like a anti radiation missile would.
I do t know if this is put in drone but I have heard jammers are Targeted in Ukraine by drones..
:)

First let's understand how Jamming works in layman term.

Suppose you have a flashlight and you are shining it at me in a dark room. The light is getting reflected from me and because of it you are seeing me and is getting guided towards me.
Now I began flashing light of different frequency on you from different direction. What would happen to your sight? Although your flashlight is still on me, but your brain would stop processing among all the different source of light. This is how jamming works.

Now for homing in on jammer role, lets suppose you come up with an strategy to target the red flash light among what has been shown on you. But when you got ready to shoot the red light, it turned blue and you see that red is flashing in some other place for few seconds. Now how would your brain process this situation? Again it would get overwhelmed with the amount of information it has to process. So basically among all this, you might get one or two lucky shot.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Kya Chinmoy bhai. Aap bhi.

The only way to long term secure guidance is to launch new satellites with more powerful transmitters and encryption. A more dedicated military GNSS.
Yes.

And new sensor too. If I am not wrong, one company is already working on a anti spoofing system for exactly this. Depends on how much they could miniaturize the components.

indiatester

Country flag
I am talking about using the robo dogs in border skirmishes.

For urban warfare scenario, we could see its usage. But China and India are going to clash on Himalayan heights. Or they would be landing on the beach of Taiwan. How to suppose these dogs would work in such an environment.

The biggest expeditionary force, US Marine has already rejected 2 version of this system for this same reason. Their special forces are although studying it in urban war scenario. But as of now, all the Chinese have done till date with them are about posting some POOPA-GANDA videos.
Don't just get hung up about the robodogs. Look at the other weapons displayed in that video too.
Like you said in urban settings it can be pretty useful.
I'd rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Obviously after reasonable study has been done for their suitability for different operations.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Don't just get hung up about the robodogs. Look at the other weapons displayed in that video too.
Like you said in urban settings it can be pretty useful.
I'd rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Obviously after reasonable study has been done for their suitability for different operations.
Drones.jpg

Like these?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles