DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now it's getting frustrating foreign country getting Indian guns on other hand atags is biting dust and not recieving clearance
Not only atags we have huge requirement compared to Armenia we do need marg we do need Garuda along with atags
But nothing is happening on that front
We do need whap but even that's not recieving clearance
This might sound childish but I don't think anymore clearances coming from cabinet committee as the orders have been given on recent ccs clearance thus indicating end of purchasing in last days of FY
Hope something comes out
Consider as rant and ofcourse weekend has begun

Blood+

Country flag
What is the cost comparison between NVG's and Thermal Sights.
I believe thermal sights are generally more expensive.
Anyway if a company like Tonbo has reduced costs drastically then good.
Do we manufacture zero import dependent Thermal Sights.

(Also optics material for Thermal Sights is usually not normal glass but mainly Germanium based.To be verified. I believe its supply comes from the developed countries only . Again import dependency).
Watch this -

raju1982

Country flag
🪛🪛🪛🪛🪛🪛🪛
So L&T HPT we are seeing for couple of years was basically another screwdrivergiri. Recently saw a another RUV from L&T which they did poor paintjob was actually from a european startup. Shameful for defence giant L&T. I guess they got the taste of the blood via K9, now why invest, and develop product, if GoI ready to buy repained desi weapons!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Beaware dfi resident experts
as our supreme milords once said "sunlight is the best disinfectant", alpha defence team should not limit this info to a tweet, put out the same message across multiple formats.

coupta says that's what muricans and aussies are doing these days as part of their strategy, making every known attempt of chini espionage a matter of public record.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
as our supreme milords once said "sunlight is the best disinfectant", alpha defence team should not limit this info to a tweet, put out the same message across multiple formats.

coupta says that's what muricans and aussies are doing these days as part of their strategy, making every known attempt of chini espionage a matter of public record.
Yea they should make a story on this and not just him Frontliner and many other's have gotten such msged on LinkedIn too that's why I posted this here these guys will msg everyone they can and try and get as many people onboard some won't hesitate before taking money.

Blood+

Country flag
thermal vids from russia/ukraine are crazy . but apparently u can still evade them with camo . army claims pakistani BAT uses them to cross loc .

That's where AI will come handy - you may be able to fool the eyes of a human observer with a space blanket but not the Chat GPT and its like. Anyway, the need of the hour is an infusion of both thermal and gen 3 NVG in a single setup.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Anyway, the need of the hour is an infusion of both thermal and gen 3 NVG in a single setup.
Tonbo has some in development i think, but COTIs can be added to existing nvgs. Expensive though.

Also one issue with using AI based detection is power consumption, thermal imagers are power hungry as is without adding a separate gpu for real time detection.

Blood+

Country flag
Tonbo has some in development i think, but COTIs can be added to existing nvgs. Expensive though.
Yeah, a clip-on thermal is what I had in mind as well. But one could also use a PVS-14 with a regular thermal sight.
Also one issue with using AI based detection is power consumption, thermal imagers are power hungry as is without adding a separate gpu for real time detection.
I was talking about those LORROS type systems that are installed in the border outposts.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
That alpha defence guy had already reported 2-3 times he has been offered money to demean indian systems.. once he told number was from Nigeria.

12 grands is quite alot money who could be behind it.. paki isi.. jealous of indian weapons sales..
And remember 1 Armenian officer had been compromised regarding Swati weapons locating radar....

It could be ajerbaijan as they are the one who will face pinaka, Swati radar, atags.
brahmos sales to Armenia is a strong possibility...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles