DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
@Johny_Baba thoughts? Going for m4 buttstock
Ffs they are again making a mistake by not introducing STANAG magazines and what the hell is with that iron sight.

Bhai mat banao AR, tumhare bas ka nhi h bas, tum AD guns and autocannon turrets bna lo wa jyada shi rhega resources ka use. If flimsy was an object then it would be this gun's build quality. Buttstock, Handguard, pistolgrip and that ironsight is looking all out of place. Aur STANAG magazine well introduce kar denge toh maut aa jaayegi inhe?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Also, the Tapas has proven that it can operate at an altitude of 28,000ft and with an endurance of 18hrs, which is normal operational characteristics and not marketed operational parameters.
We don't know if 28k feet & 18hr endurance is with any meaningful payload or not. Clean configuration aircrafts will always perform kinetically better than with payload.

Here we are debating between turboprops and piston engines and you are saying DRDO should have gone with gas turbines ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, that would entirely defeat the purpose of having a cost-effective MALE UAV.
Turboprops are gas-turbine engines :)

"cost-effective MALE UAV" - I can be entirely wrong, but can you show any such requirement of this project being mentioned anywhere, or is this just our imagination ? AFAIK the only requirements were performance-specific not cost specific.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
on strategic affairs, there are enough round table format conversations with in think tank format or MSM format.

but on defence tech and acquisitions, do not remember watching any round table discussions happening either online or offline. mostly conversations are happening in AMA format being conducted by Saurav Jha.

is there such a round table format available online on def tech related discussions? not counting twitter spaces.

NutCracker

Country flag
We don't know if 28k feet & 18hr endurance is with any meaningful payload or not. Clean configuration aircrafts will always perform kinetically better than with payload.

Turboprops are gas-turbine engines :)

"cost-effective MALE UAV" - I can be entirely wrong, but can you show any such requirement of this project being mentioned anywhere, or is this just our imagination ? AFAIK the only requirements were performance-specific not cost specific.
Tapas is not suitable for Navy because they have to keep return trip into the calculation, But Indian army can definitely buy a batch of 50-60 .

It can take off from base point A , hover around for 18 hours and refuel itself at some secondary civillian airport cum refueling base 1000 km afar and take off to perform further duty, or return to the base .

Azaad

Country flag
on strategic affairs, there are enough round table format conversations with in think tank format or MSM format.

but on defence tech and acquisitions, do not remember watching any round table discussions happening either online or offline. mostly conversations are happening in AMA format being conducted by Saurav Jha.

is there such a round table format available online on def tech related discussions? not counting twitter spaces.
Check out The Defenders on Sansad TV or RSTV on defense related issues. There's a whole playlist of programs there related to Indian defence.

It's massively under rated . I doubt they attract more than a few thousand eyeballs & the proportion of defense aficionados must be a fraction.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I am saying modified Saturn AL-51 (izdaliye 30) for mk2. US is too much undependable.
Good luck getting that engine to fit into the existing Tejas Mk2 design, also good luck maintaining high availability rates with that engine.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Everyone should be accountable to Rajnath Singh. Any sane person as Defence Minister would have called ADE and DRDO chiefs to the office and give them their due and tell them wgat willbhappen if they do not complete the projects in time. But i do not think RS even understand what is MALE and HALE.
I just wanna know will defence minister change when new gov is formed?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles