Adani or amadavad lobby

Because it is a work in progress.

My tweet was this

Screenshot_20231112_202726_X.jpg

And there was this there too
Screenshot_20231112_202800_X.jpg

Extract from this
Screenshot_20231112_203146_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is demonstration of capability - a proof of concept. Not a standardization which had been mastered.

And

Screenshot_20231112_203220_Samsung Internet.jpg

And then ....

Screenshot_20231112_203448_Samsung Internet.jpg

PS: There was no "fact checking" except a few attempts at trying to give nonsensical analogy of India can maintain data link with satellites or something.

PPS: using the analogy India can make a motorcycle engine but not aircraft engine? 🙄

Happy Diwali to all members ..... may this be joyous and bright for all of you and your loved ones.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Stryker doesn't have Amphibious variant. So I think both will be inducted . WhAp for mech Infantry and Stryker for some fancy EW-anti drone systems.

Although I believe what @karn said that we might be building Stryker not for ourselves but for NATO due to cost effectiveness.

Anti drone does not need an completely new platform like Stryker. At max the laser will be integrated in an custom built turret which can be placed on Kestral/whap.

The second point may be relevant as they want to manufacture owing to cheap labor.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
No one will establish a plant for just 4 drones
They have been conveyed that orders will be way more
And Hermes will definitely kill tapas

24*7 surveillance is definitely high tempo ops atleast for army and Air force
It will be needed during conflict or war or any calamity
And yes that will consume more opex and capex but we have to sacrifice it to support local industry and technology development
And more importantly no one will stop here further blocks with improvements will be developed based on tapas to fill military requirements and previous ones could be upgraded atleast in this way it will form numbers which is very vital which u can't achieve with foreign equipments
Don't mind me saying this. But again I'd reiterate.

Bolne se pehle soch lo ki kya bol rahe ho.

Hyderabad, December 14, 2018:Adani Elbit Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Complex (UAV), was inaugurated today by Hon’ble Home Minister of Telangana, Shri Mohammad Mahmood Ali in presence of Shri Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary – IT & Industries, State of Telangana, Mr. Pranav Adani, Director, Adani Enterprise Limited, Mr. Karan Adani, CEO, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone and Mr. Bezhalel Machlis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Elbit Systems.

The 50,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility would be the first UAV manufacturing facility in India and the first outside Israel to manufacture the Hermes 900 Medium Altitude Long Endurance UAV. The factory shall start operations with the manufacturing of complete carbon composite aerostructures for Hermes 900, followed by Hermes 450, catering to the global markets and will be further ramped up for the assembly and integration of complete UAVs.
https://www.adanidefence.com/newsro...stems-inaugurate-india-first-private-unmanned

Chinmoy

Country flag
No. If you wanted 24 hrs surveillance, you would need 3 drones (you cannot keep a drone flying 24/7 - maintenace+repair). If you wanted to do the same with 18 hrs endurance drone, you would need 4 drones.
I do agree. I just said this from general maths perspective.

That 33% cost is absolutely worth spending on your own economy, going to your peoples pockets instead of dude in DC - And even assuming, that manufacture in India is not cheaper.
Supporting domestic industry and economy is the primary job for "Ministry of Commerce and Industry" or Services or MoD?
Whenever any such instance comes up, why always MoD or services has to support industry?
Why can't industries invest first and then talk about orders second?

Let's say IA and IAF decides to order Tapas tomorrow. Then who would make it?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Whenever any such instance comes up, why always MoD or services has to support industry?
Why can't industries invest first and then talk about orders second?

Let's say IA and IAF decides to order Tapas tomorrow. Then who would make it?
interesting question isn't it..

when we talk of military acquisitions, focussing just on MoD and industry is leaving some questions unanswered.

among other things threat perceptions seem to play a role as well. as long as jihadi oriented COIN was the primary focus big items didn't get priority. but when chini threat came into focus the nature of acquisition changed.

i suppose equipment provided by public sector were good enough for paki threat, since those plans were drawn up in 60's. but when chini threat came into focus need for private sector became more pronounced, as we are seeing today.

when private sector gets involved, they can invest only when they see assured revenue stream short and medium term. cost of capital is not cheap in this country, hence the dilemma.

Chinmoy

Country flag

when we talk of military acquisitions, focussing just on MoD and industry is leaving some questions unanswered.

among other things threat perceptions seem to play a role as well. as long as jihadi oriented COIN was the primary focus big items didn't get priority. but when chini threat came into focus the nature of acquisition changed.

i suppose equipment provided by public sector were good enough for paki threat, since those plans were drawn up in 60's. but when chini threat came into focus need for private sector became more pronounced, as we are seeing today.

when private sector gets involved, they can invest only when they see assured revenue stream short and medium term. cost of capital is not cheap in this country, hence the dilemma.
Agree on most part.

As for the last para, if private sector can't invest on R&D, they should better not cry about orders. Currently, they are not even participating in RFI and RFP for ToT by DRDO, leave alone participating as production partner and investing on that.

cyclops

Country flag

I wonder if military guidance and monetary support alongside the active participation from private cos will move things along. At least for some of the defence equipment.

Something like the IAF’s Mehar Baba Swarm Drone competition.👇

https://www.news9plus.com/player/shortvideo/iafs-shark-tank-moment

Pinaka who himars who? We got a new guy in the town
HIMARchand Bombwalah. 💣🔥

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Agree on most part.

As for the last para, if private sector can't invest on R&D, they should better not cry about orders. Currently, they are not even participating in RFI and RFP for ToT by DRDO, leave alone participating as production partner and investing on that.
in this country, my general rule is that it's always a mixed bag. there will be success and failures, but failures get highlighted more, because of the way our discourse is structured. we see it in our threads as well, successful encounters get 3-4 posts, failed encounters get 30-40 posts blaming everything from beginning of time (exaggeration).

because of absence of authentic public info, any conclusion seems valid.

it seems to be the case that participation of private sector varies depending on equipment profile. for our own understanding, may be we will have to look at it equipment profile wise to see which ones are getting traction and which ones are not.

ultimately this is a new process, which is a few years old. as the process matures, reluctant players will get weeded out and those who can stomach the risk will stay after a period of time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I wonder if military guidance and monetary support alongside the active participation from private cos will move things along. At least for some of the defence equipment.

Something like the IAF’s Mehar Baba Swarm Drone competition.

https://www.news9plus.com/player/shortvideo/iafs-shark-tank-moment
that's what is happening now, ten years ago there was no institutionalised interaction between forces future requirementsn(Idex etc) and private sector other than aero India and def expo interaction.

these are early days, for process to stabilise. these days what worries me more is how much of these new process are internalised and institutionalised by the forces, to survive if there is a change in govt.

Chinmoy

Country flag
in this country, my general rule is that it's always a mixed bag. there will be success and failures, but failures get highlighted more, because of the way our discourse is structured. we see it in our threads as well, successful encounters get 3-4 posts, failed encounters get 30-40 posts blaming everything from beginning of time (exaggeration).

because of absence of authentic public info, any conclusion seems valid.

it seems to be the case that participation of private sector varies depending on equipment profile. for our own understanding, may be we will have to look at it equipment profile wise to see which ones are getting traction and which ones are not.

ultimately this is a new process, which is a few years old. as the process matures, reluctant players will get weeded out and those who can stomach the risk will stay after a period of time.
And on top of that, most of the members here who are in their late teens or 20s don't want to understand the process and challenges. For them blame game and closing the eyes to obvious problems is the easy way out.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
And on top of that, most of the members here who are in their late teens or 20s don't want to understand the process and challenges. For them blame game and closing the eyes to obvious problems is the easy way out.
when they get older, they will say the same thing. facts of life. :truestory:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles