DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Yes.

A high explosive pre fragmented round.
I am like 200% sure this is not a programmable round or even a proximity fuze round, you will need a very high degree of miniaturisation for making such a time+proximity fuze. Hell, we don't even manufacture any kind of proximity fuze for 30mm. So basically this new round is half part of puzzle, pre fragmentation is good but thinking that you'll fire a tons of bullets at a target, let's say that bullets have a circle of spread of some 5m from target, then only those bullets hitting target will explode and form a cloud. While the bullets having smart fuze will all explode around target and form a cloud of fragments. I believe I need not tell which will be much effective.

One can easily imagine that this is not a suboptimal solution at all let let alone a optimal one.

Plus you will need an ak 630 to have its own fire control system and somekind of muzzle velocity reader and fire control data input system maybe some induction type system. Not so easy to make a good anti swarm system and EEL surely doesn't have any experience with making fuzes.

In meanwhile Russians seem to have made a very compact smart fuze for its 23mm aa guns, literally breathing new life in ZU-23s. Next level of miniaturisation indeed.

View attachment 224935

1696447970299.png

abingdonboy

Country flag
5 rounds of emergency procurements (4 finalised, 5th close to finalised) totalling almost $3bn USD, anyone have a definitive list of all the items inked under EP? It’s about 150 separate contracts.

After 68 deals worth Rs 6,600 crore in the first three EP tranches, another 49 schemes worth Rs 7,600 crore have been inked in the fourth tranche. “Moreover, 34 other schemes worth around Rs 7,000 crore are in the final stages,” another source said.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ration-weapons-tech/articleshow/104168539.cms

I’ve got a feeling most of this has resulted in a depletion of FOREX

I dare say an early investment in much of these systems would’ve been much cheaper than having to rush to the open market during times of crisis. Let’s hope ‘strategic thinkers’ have been taught their lesson- being myopic and penny pinching only works when the enemy isn’t at the gates

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles