DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
That is what exploitation means, to let them waste, expose their positions and so on and divert their assets to protecting things that are less of priority for attacking side. There are only finite assets to play a war and each one is generally accounted to lead to max utilization towards a goal...OR is exactly this. So a cheap 10k drone is effective in doing this if done correctly and in timely way.
In war the air defence could simply choose to ignore them, civilian population can handle a few casualties in a short war. In a long war like in ukr now or like the war of attrition between Israel and Egypt after the 6 day war this has value to demoralise the civilian population and wreck the economy over months long bombing campaign. But this kind of thinking has never been with our military . A shahed like drone (GPS guided winged drone) can honestly just be outsourced to civilians if we find ourselves in a similar situation .
Russians get a lot more out of the lancet (which are actually useful) which has sensors and a comms unit which undoubtedly raised its cost.

omaebakabaka

In war the air defence could simply choose to ignore them, civilian population can handle a few casualties in a short war. In a long war like in ukr now or like the war of attrition between Israel and Egypt after the 6 day war this has value to demoralise the civilian population and wreck the economy over months long bombing campaign. But this kind of thinking has never been with our military . A shahed like drone (GPS guided winged drone) can honestly just be outsourced to civilians if we find ourselves in a similar situation .
Russians get a lot more out of the lancet (which are actually useful) which has sensors and a comms unit which undoubtedly raised its cost.
You are trying to find faults where there are few....refineries, factories and so many civilian factories are needed at war time. These things are employed very cleverly and any war that lasts longer especially countries that have depth in terms of area like India, China...these things are god send to add another dimension or three to concerns when it comes to defending. Not sure why you think other non military targets are less important...one can take out all sorts of supply chains with these when not protected and when protected with AD then help them in exposing the AD and then follow up by sending anti radar or whatever other capabilityies to take out AD....mass production needs to be from cheap materials generally sourceable in war time and not turn it into a cadillac by making it versatile and what not....its all strategy and thinking on asymmetric lines....IRAN was joked about but their thinking does have merits and apparantly they can back it up too....

I agree with you about IA not thinking like this....we try to build something that takes years and add all sorts of advanced bs and increase costs but also make it not so easy to manufacture under stress time. This is a deviation and reflects inability to think towards having clear goals and trying to match some "expected high standard" in the eyes of others....its not a pro for us doing this way.

karn

Country flag
You are trying to find faults where there are few....refineries, factories and so many civilian factories are needed at war time. These things are employed very cleverly and any war that lasts longer especially countries that have depth in terms of area like India, China...these things are god send to add another dimension or three to concerns when it comes to defending. Not sure why you think other non military targets are less important...one can take out all sorts of supply chains with these when not protected and when protected with AD then help them in exposing the AD and then follow up by sending anti radar or whatever other capabilityies to take out AD....mass production needs to be from cheap materials generally sourceable in war time and not turn it into a cadillac by making it versatile and what not....its all strategy and thinking on asymmetric lines....IRAN was joked about but their thinking does have merits and apparantly they can back it up too....

I agree with you about IA not thinking like this....we try to build something that takes years and add all sorts of advanced bs and increase costs but also make it not so easy to manufacture under stress time. This is a deviation and reflects inability to think towards having clear goals and trying to match some "expected high standard" in the eyes of others....its not a pro for us doing this way.
We are not hitting anything useful in China with a prop drone, they have precious little in tibet and these ain't crossing tibet either.
Pakistan has just around 5 refineries and the rest of their industrial capacity is limited and of little consequence in war except small arms and ammunition they produce precious little. And I wonder how many drones would it take to actually stop a factory from producing .
Iran used its drones in a war of attrition using a proxy that had no strike capability beyond some tochkas they had lying around .. hardly a use case for our military.
Look lets agree to disagree .. If I see any branch of the military stocking up on single use gps guided drones with no comms or a sensor I would think they are retarded and are wasting their resources .

omaebakabaka

We are not hitting anything useful in China with a prop drone, they have precious little in tibet and these ain't crossing tibet either.
Pakistan has just around 5 refineries and the rest of their industrial capacity is limited and of little consequence in war except small arms and ammunition they produce precious little. And I wonder how many drones would it take to actually stop a factory from producing .
Iran used its drones in a war of attrition using a proxy that had no strike capability beyond some tochkas they had lying around .. hardly a use case for our military.
Look lets agree to disagree .. If I see any branch of the military stocking up on single use gps guided drones with no comms or a sensor I would think they are retarded and are wasting their resources .
You are seeing them employed and they hit the power grids and what not very successfully, only because its Ukraine that was well built during USSR times that it survived this level of destruction combined with West's support.....Pakistan does have power grids and so on and every country does. Most don't have the tolerance of Ukraine, Yugoslavia folded in months and Pakistan too generally folds pretty soon. Not much complaint against these drones at all and I think they are combination of GPS and some sort of INS as I understand. With a careless enemy they can take out parked aircraft. Nothing retarded at all, war requires innovation at cheap scale. I agree to disagree....my limit is 3 responses. Easy brother

Fatalis

Country flag
The way Poland is arming itself, I was expecting the same for the Indian Army after the Galwan clash. Inducting APC, IFV, tanks, gunships, helicopters and missiles in large numbers. But reality can often be disappointing. Sad affairs of our bureucary and import lobby.

omaebakabaka

The way Poland is arming itself, I was expecting the same for the Indian Army after the Galwan clash. Inducting APC, IFV, tanks, gunships, helicopters and missiles in large numbers. But reality can often be disappointing. Sad affairs of our bureucary and import lobby.
Boss, poland is an idiotic country that throws fits on the likes of Pakistan in terms of hate. They did not even get their f-16s that they paid yet, US/UK tax payers are paying for that stuff most likely and none of that shit is going to make a difference at all to Russia. For us, we have to be careful in what we buy....move from buy to build rather.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles