DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

standard snowball

Country flag
I would argue the utility of a 9km max anti torpedo system over a nearly 30-40km ASROC like system. Anyway a submarine can easily outrange any kind of rbu system and the utility of rbu as torpedo self defense is vastly exaggerated as it can atmost be used to disrupt wire guidance of torpedos, not stating the fact that tracking the path of torpedo in itself would be highly difficult. The space used by 2 rbu systems can easily be replaced by 12-16 ASROC type system. There's a huge reason other navies have moved away from such system and inducted ASROC type systems, even Russia and China. Pakistan already have DM2A4 seahake torps, I don't really think we should waste our time on rbu systems anymore.
Anyway where would you install this new launcher??? At best these can go on 16 ASW-SWC, others have already been fitted with Russian one.
And the most important part is that we don't use 90R guided rocket and the new drdo ER-ASR is also unguided. Wastage of resources in my view.
Correct, RBU 600 or any similar system is a massive face palm.
That shit is ancient by today's standard and is based on an outdated concept that is not at all applicable to today's naval warfare.

standard snowball

Country flag
Can't we just replace RBU 6000 with something like RIM 116, which can perform anti air, anti surface and anti submarine warfare.

Why are we using such an ancient system to this day no other Navy seems to be using such an outdated anti submarine warfare weapons

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles