DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

johnj

That steel weight of 11,000kg blows the cover
There's only one missile with that weight
DRDO easily can make a new one, hence may be
DRDO can design entirely a new missile based on the experience gained from agni P and develop a 1000~2000km range Anti ship ballistic missile or quasi BM

standard snowball

Country flag
So Agni P it is then...
Makes sense, we have been hearing about the anti shop variant of Agni prime for quite some time now.
Diameter is only wide enough to support Agni Prime (canister has 1.4 m diameter, missile is 1.2 m in diameter)
Other missiles with similar diameter are too heavy and too large (K4 and PDV)

Length seems a bit off, but maybe the MaRV warhead will be modified to make it more maneuverable so the length is increased.

Weight is also identical (11000kg)

Last edited:

Arpuster

Country flag
I said navy will “Prefer”, Agni P is nuclear missile probably for specific Carrier Killer role i.e. a deterrence rather than tactical weapon.
Regarding NASM MR, there are many qualities in a cruise missile than just stealth or speed which can be improved. For eg. range, ability to carry higher weapon load, loitering ability etc. Besides NASM MR provides a cheaper and lighter option to brahmos ng and perhaps loitering capabilities. Also, being indigenous it will save cost of importing Kh 35.
DRDO STAR is as I said another option. Can be developed for export or use by navy.
Where are you Bhaiya!
I'm missing you
🥲
Bhaiyya ji btaya tha pehle bhi its for specific carrier killer role and a deterrence rather than tactical weapon. Moreover, there is no alternative in sea skimming role for Agni-P. Baaki jaisa bhi aapko uchit lge.

Chinmoy

Country flag
That steel weight of 11,000kg blows the cover
There's only one missile with that weight
I was wrong there. The container is 14 mtr in length and 1.4 mtr in diameter. The missile which would go in is nearly 20 ton in mass.
So it might be a A-P variant.

porky_kicker

Country flag
AD says its HGV.
@porky_kicker pls enlighten us sir.
I already posted earlier on LRAShM multiple times

AFAIK based on scant info I have IMO powered HGV based on A1P
But understand hypersonic phase is not end to end
Terminal phase will be high supersonic for greater accuracy in order to hit a moving target

Anyways there seems to be another program which is not based on A1P

Arpuster

Country flag
I already posted earlier on LRAShM multiple times

As of now AFAIK powered HGV based on A1P
But understand hypersonic phase is not end to end
Terminal phase will be high supersonic for greater accuracy in order to hit a moving target

Anyways there seems to be another program which is not based on A1P
Hybrid missile??

porky_kicker

Country flag
Hybrid missile??
There seems to be conflict in the info I have

One seems to be a quasi ballistic missile with a KV which is literally a powered HGV, it has a new stubby booster, which I believe we will see in LRLLHCM too

Another one seems to be based on A1P with a powered HGV, same as above literally a KV

Difficult to tell given the lack of info, maybe they are iterations of same designs or 2 systems offering different capabilities but for more or less same purpose with different propulsion, aerodynamic characteristics for the final stage aka KV either HGV powered or unpowered or HCM which will obviously be powered all along

Arpuster

Country flag
There seems to be conflict in the info I have

One seems to be a quasi ballistic missile with a KV which is literally a powered HGV, it has a new stubby booster, which I believe we will see in LRLLHCM too

Another one seems to be based on A1P with a powered HGV, same as above literally a KV

Difficult to tell given the lack of info, maybe they are iterations of same designs or 2 systems offering different capabilities but for more or less same purpose with different propulsion, aerodynamic characteristics for the final stage aka KV either HGV powered or unpowered or HCM which will obviously be powered all along
LRLLHCM??Long Range Low Level Hypersonic Cruise Missile or Long Range Land Launched Hypersonic Cruise Missile???

Global Defence

New threads

Articles