DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
View attachment 201134

View attachment 201135

We could make fun of this, but the reality is, till date we were importing it.
I don't want to make fun of hardworking scientists or try to sound boastful, I know people will come to me with, "Yeah, it's not that simple", and "why are you lecturing if you cannot make it" statements, but honestly,

This thing can be designed by a 2nd-year mechanical engineering student.

I used to doodle more complex mechanical parts when I was in 7th standard. This simple "unplugging" mechanism, whether by explosive charge or electrical actuators, is a simple task.

I am appalled by the level of our engineers working in PSUs and my stomach churns looking at their horrific engineering. It's just pathetic they take glory in such simplistic innovations.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't want to make fun of hardworking scientists or try to sound boastful, I know people will come to me with, "Yeah, it's not that simple", and "why are you lecturing if you cannot make it" statements, but honestly,

This thing can be designed by a 2nd-year mechanical engineering student.

I used to doodle more complex mechanical parts when I was in 7th standard. This simple "unplugging" mechanism, whether by explosive charge or electrical actuators, is a simple task.

I am appalled by the level of our engineers working in PSUs and my stomach churns looking at their horrific engineering. It's just pathetic they take glory in such simplistic innovations.
Think you have not read the para I attached along-with.

Chinmoy

Country flag
There was update about 15 tapas to be delivered to armed forces for user evaluation and be manufactured by hal
What's the status of it sirji, if u know
Right now the airframe is undergoing ground trials with indigenous engine. After that it would undertake flight trials an then go into user evaluation trial.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
One of my eternal questions... why isn't GSh-23 mated with EO/FCR for C-RAMU application
Because then they'll need to develop a whole new mount and traverse - elevation mechanism for that, coz there's no existing example of ground mounted GSh-23 they can copy.

This is the same reason why we see the whole of AK-630 module mounted on a truck, coz even in that case they're incompetent to develop a dedicated mounting system.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Because then they'll need to develop a whole new mount and traverse - elevation mechanism for that, coz there's no existing example of ground mounted GSh-23 they can copy.

This is the same reason why we see the whole of AK-630 module mounted on a truck, coz even in that case they're incompetent to develop a dedicated mounting system.
Come on! No one can be THAT incompetent!

It must be the Sarkari "No one asked me to do it, so why should I do it?"

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
nope, you have it backwards. Penetration is projectile going through. Perforation is just the armour peices going through.
Strictly speaking, penetration occurs when a projectile enters a target without passing through it and perforation occurs when the projectile completely passes through the target, but the word penetration is commonly used to refer to either.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Come on! No one can be THAT incompetent!

It must be the Sarkari "No one asked me to do it, so why should I do it?"
You can't believe how lazy people here are

It took me hardly 2 minutes to come up with this. Nothing ground breaking, nothing advanced and the whole thing composed of sub-systems we already have with us.
IMG_20230420_204023.jpg
But the best they did was simply take this whole assembly...
Fg3NQ-XUAAIVOVW.jpg
...and mount it on a truck
Ei-6_yKUcAYAJZd.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles