DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Looks c
very different from Kestrel. Why not use common platforms.
It will simplify logistics and future upgrades
army is more interested in Russian option or OFB one. ---- other than upgrading existing BMP 2. this foreign screw drive maal pass of as indigenous ain't winning anything.

AbRaj

Country flag
army is more interested in Russian option or OFB one. ---- other than upgrading existing BMP 2. this foreign screw drive maal pass of as indigenous ain't winning anything.
PSU are doing screw driving since ages. Worse they cant even do that properly.
Only thing they are good at is doing dharna and killing our own soldiers by supplying faulty ammunitions.

PS: Have you ever been to any OFB workshop ?
If not I have nothing more to say to you
I have been to one and trust me it was very depressing experience. I have no hope of these leeches.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 45387

What the heck are these 2 protrusions on ASTRA launcher ? There are in the forward facing direction ( launch direction of astra )

They must have some use , otherwise makes no sense to include them in a aerodynamically clean launcher design
Heard that BDL is developing dual purpose launcher system. These may be one of those.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
PSU are doing screw driving since ages. Worse they cant even do that properly.
Only thing they are good at is doing dharna and killing our own soldiers by supplying faulty ammunitions.

PS: Have you ever been to any OFB workshop ?
If not I have nothing more to say to you
I have been to one and trust me it was very depressing experience. I have no hope of these leeches.
Hilarious all your tanks, IFV are being build or screw drive by OFB. --- making sure money stay with the govt. --- instead getting in hands of chetoos sellers and there tiny oligarch shareholders --- creating more financial problems down the line for the govt and country and its people.

AbRaj

Country flag
Hilarious all your tanks, IFV are being build or screw drive by OFB. --- making sure money stay with the govt. --- instead getting in hands of chetoos sellers and there tiny oligarch shareholders --- creating more financial problems down the line for the govt and country and its people.
You are a slimy creature, always deflect the topic when confronted. Anyway you’re wrong this time too.

Fact is :
1,PSUs like OFB are doing screw driving from earlier than independence and still have nothing to show as their own.They act like mere local agents of some second class Russian company.

2, They are highly enefficient and incompetent. They quote exorbitant prices for what can be considered as absolute crap like INSAS. Can you imagine that fucking contraption costs more than Modern firearms from reputed companies like AK,Sig and LMT.
It’s daylight robbery.
3. They produce weapons dangerous to operate and lethal to soldiers operating them.
Like barrel busting shells to oil spraying rifles.
If given option Army/Airforce will never touch the shit OFB guys come up with.
It’s just that they are holding Forces hostage.

PS: have seen up close how their QC works. For example they use fucking 10 Rs plastic mug to fill the explosive mixture in the shells. Absolutely pathetic.
They do have some modern instruments like lathe machine imported from Germany and pressing and forging machines. But due to curruption in maintenance contracts, most of these costly machines are rotting in workshops.
They are dinosaurs which IMO are going to die no matter how much life support you will provide.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
They are no longer. Cheetos seller capitalists have displayed much better concepts and it's only a matter of time when they take away at least entire manufacturing from PSUs.

AnantS

Country flag
Looks c
very different from Kestrel. Why not use common platforms.
It will simplify logistics and future upgrades
Because if IIRC this design is based on existing General Dynamics Land Systems proposed design

AbRaj

Country flag
Because if IIRC this design is based on existing General Dynamics Land Systems proposed design
So they have to pay licence fee to GDLS ?
Also is it versatile enough like Russian armata platform?
Or is it better to have different different designs for wheeled and tracked IFVs ?
And is Krestel was just a tech demo project like NLCA?

IndianHawk

Country flag
So we have 3 ficv contender Tata , l&t and OFB. Is kalyani also in competition??

AbRaj

Country flag
OFB leading the way onceagain.
Its a Russian gun on a Russian BMP 2 FFS.
:facepalm:

BTW I’m not saying its a bad move to upgrade the BMP2 but why glorify it!
Also we need a next generation common modular plateform of our own. Either in-house design or design acquiring from OEMs. Something like ARMATA for MBTs, SPH,IFV and other purposes .

majority of inovation on US is done using public money and by public institutions. --- while tiny rich oligarch shareholders of corporate America keep making million and billions without paying any taxes or making sure tax cuts save there buts --.again.
WTF I’m reading here

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles