DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Karthi

Country flag
Snake robot.jpg

This robot demonstrates concepts of
whole body locomotion. The snake robot has 14 active joints. Lateral undulation,
side winding, and rolling gaits have been implemented on this robot. A colour camera mounted in the hood of this robot provides video feedback.

Snake Robot old picture

Karthi

Country flag
wall climbing robot.jpg

The wall climbing robot is a miniature tracked robot capable of climbing vertical walls. It uses an impeller to generate suction to adhere to walls. It has an onboard colour camera for video feedback. The camera is mounted on pan-tilt unit.

wall climbing robot old picture

Karthi

Country flag
zu-23-anti-aircraft-gun-upgrade.jpg

L&T Zu 23 Anti-Aircraft Gun Upgrade.

The Zu-23 Upgrade converts the manually laid gun into an all-electric system with autonomous functionality.

Key features:

Enables effective engagement of aerial and ground targets.

Complies with the operating and storage temperatures, humidity, dust and rain protection requirements for reliable, and fault-free operation.

Modular construction for easy maintenance.

Karthi

Country flag
l-70-anti-aircraft-gun-upgrade.jpg

L-70 Anti-Aircraft Gun Upgrade L&T

The L-70 Upgrade is an advanced, all-weather, anti-aircraft gun system built onto the L-70 chassis with the original 40 mm armament.

L-70 upgrade kit includes:

Electromechanical gun laying system.

Optical payload and pedestal.

Auto-tracker.

Fire control computer.

Rugged and reliable power supply.

Ergonomic man-machine interface.

porky_kicker

Country flag
kjl.jpg

What the heck are these 2 protrusions on ASTRA launcher ? There are in the forward facing direction ( launch direction of astra )

They must have some use , otherwise makes no sense to include them in a aerodynamically clean launcher design

IndianHawk

Country flag
View attachment 45381

L&T Zu 23 Anti-Aircraft Gun Upgrade.

The Zu-23 Upgrade converts the manually laid gun into an all-electric system with autonomous functionality.

Key features:

Enables effective engagement of aerial and ground targets.

Complies with the operating and storage temperatures, humidity, dust and rain protection requirements for reliable, and fault-free operation.

Modular construction for easy maintenance.
L&T is slowly emerging as a defense giant. It's building anti aircraft guns , fire control radars , k9 vajra spj for army . It also builds equipment for nuke subs as well as opv for Navy and is contender for p75i . And it also builds components for lca too for airforce.

It has potential to become BAE of India.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
No disagreement to what u say mate but I think Kalyani is more like BAE of India.

Regardless I woudl like to see more comapnies enter the fray of Defence Industries.
More diversity means more Competition.

Waiting for a Lockheed Martin of India, I don't see any company any close to that.

The only Company that can come close to assembling an aircraft is HAL.
Reliance says it can but I'm not to keen to see that comapny in defence sector, something about their ethics doesn't sit right.

IndianHawk

Country flag
No disagreement to what u say mate but I think Kalyani is more like BAE of India.
Kalyani is limited to army and missiles for now while l&t is covering whole spectrum of defense .
But kalyani seems determined to become huge in defense . Let's hope it is successful.

Waiting for a Lockheed Martin of India, I don't see any company any close to that.

The only Company that can come close to assembling an aircraft is HAL.
Reliance says it can but I'm not to keen to see that comapny in defence sector, something about their ethics doesn't sit right.
Hal + ADA are our answer to Lockheed as of now . Together they are building lca mk1/mk1a +mwf+ tedbf/orca + amca + aura + rustom /tapas. Hal on its own is building htt40 +ijt + alh + rudra + lch + luh and now medium helicopter too.

That's pretty big. Bigger than what most countries are doing barring USA Russia and China.

Then there is NAL which is rather limited to Saras and later rta 90.

But we need huge private players like Tata / Mahindra our mota ambani. Chota ambani is defaulter but bada ambani succeeds in whatever it touches.

I hope with bankruptcy of anil ambani Mukesh should buy defense business.

Tata and Mahindra are serious about aerospace. Tata already supplies lot of components to Boeing and Lockheed. Tata builds whole cabin for sircocy helicopters and fuselage part for c130 too. And Mahindra has bought small aeroplane companies in Europe and Australia to build 5-7 seater jets.

I think we should privatize NAL let Tata and Mahindra buy stake into it they can deliver Saras and RTA much faster if orders are guaranteed. Then slowly let them start build jets too in competition to HAL.

HAL should not be privatized fully but it should be just a designer and integrator. Components building should be outsourced to private side .

south block

up your a**
Country flag
L&T is slowly emerging as a defense giant. It's building anti aircraft guns , fire control radars , k9 vajra spj for army . It also builds equipment for nuke subs as well as opv for Navy and is contender for p75i . And it also builds components for lca too for airforce.

Building or screw driving foreign maal ?

AbRaj

Country flag
Building or screw driving foreign maal ?
You should privatise your m****r **y to be railed by everyone. ---- enough with public loot for now. --- go to sleep. ---- the bust is about to happen and it will spectacular.
Bro please. If you don’t have anything to contribute. Please shut the fuck up

Light banter is ok, harassing continuously is not

Articles