DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
The range of the LRTR has been increased to 1500 km now. Mate are you absolutely sure this is the Swordfish radar? Coz it looks like a GreenPine ELM-2080 variant.

Thanks for the pic.
LRTR (swordfish) is the indian derivative of the israeIs green pine radar, it contains Indian Transmit Receive modules, signal processing sub systems, computers, all the software part and power supplies etc.
It's range is 600 km. And do u see any logo of IAI or ELTA in the pic I posted . Wonder why not?

As for the longer range version of LRTR @ 1500km I don't have the pic and believe no pic of it exists till date in open forum.

Tanmay

Country flag
LRTR (swordfish) is the indian derivative of the israeIs green pine radar, it contains Indian Transmit Receive modules, signal processing sub systems, computers, all the software part and power supplies etc.
It's range is 600 km. And do u see any logo of IAI or ELTA in the pic I posted . Wonder why not?

As for the longer range version of LRTR @ 1500km I don't have the pic and believe no pic of it exists till date in open forum.
I wonder how did we make 1500km range Radar.
EL/M-2080 is 500kms and EL/M-2080S is 800/900 kms.

After this the Israeli's themselves moved on to EL/M-2090 (which seems quite impressive)

porky_kicker

Country flag
I wonder how did we make 1500km range Radar.
EL/M-2080 is 500kms and EL/M-2080S is 800/900 kms.

After this the Israeli's themselves moved on to EL/M-2090 (which seems quite impressive)
What is the range of MOTR - 1000km

Just asking how difficult will it be to increase the range of LRTR to 1500km using the technology developed for MOTR

Prashant12

Country flag
IAF successfully tests guided bomb off Odisha coast

BHUBANESWAR: The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully carried out a three-day target simulation exercise over Bay of Bengal by air dropping home grown sophisticated bombs paving the way for their induction in the Armed Forces. Defence sources said three rounds of the indigenously developed bomb were dropped from a fighter aircraft of IAF on different conditions. While first test of the series was conducted at about 10 pm on Monday, the rest two consecutive tests were carried out on the next two days during afternoon.

The tests of the guided weapons designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was aimed at gauging the accuracy of target simulation and precision hit. “The IAF fighter aircraft carrying the bombs took off from Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal and dropped at perfect locations off Odisha coast as coordinated. The tests were highly successful in terms of finding locations and accuracy,” said a defence official. The medium range bombs, guided by its on board navigation system glided before hitting the target with great precision.

The entire exercise was monitored by radars and electro-optic systems stationed at the Chandipur-based Integrated Test Range (ITR). This is an all-weather precision guided weapon designed to provide enhanced striking capability to the Air Force against buried targets. The low cost and light weight bomb is capable of clearing ground-based enemy radar. Multiple DRDO laboratories including Bengaluru-based Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), Punebased Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) and Chandigarh-based Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) with Research Centre Imarat (RCI) at Hyderabad as the nodal laboratory have contributed towards development of the bomb.

The successful test has once again proved that the country has now become self-reliant in the area of guided precision bombs and has the capability to design, develop and launch the guided weapon systems up to 100 km away with high precision. The complete avionics package and navigation system has been designed and developed by RCI.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...sts-guided-bomb-off-odisha-coast-1784240.html

Chinmoy

Country flag
Here SCRAMJET is used to sustain the hypersonic, it doesn't need to act as booster for Hypersonic flight, likewise in Zircon. And HSTDV is a technology demonstrator of a Scramjet propulsion which is run by Hydrocarbon fuel, its not the TD for a boost glide vehicle. Boost glide is a successor of RV and is already deployed on Shaurya/K15/K4 if anyone of them are operational .

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
I never said that SCRAMJET would act like a hypersonic boost in each and every case. I've just given an example on how SCRAMJET could be used to achieve Boosted Glide maneuver.

India had already tested its SCRAMJET engine, but on other hand, could you kindly give me a instance when India had tested its boost glide system?

Chinmoy

Country flag
It was developmental trails, after that it's naval variant K15 were tested and all were in flat trajectory after a ballastic launch. Anyways can you explain what is "QUASI"BM, how it works, trajectory and speed variables during that flight with rocket propulsion.

I am not quiet sure that whether its a sarcastic comment or what. But I am tagging u on Hypersonic thread here.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I am not quiet sure that whether its a sarcastic comment or what. But I am tagging u on Hypersonic thread here.
I'm already there. Anyways please explain the "Quasi"ballastic term.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I never said that SCRAMJET would act like a hypersonic boost in each and every case. I've just given an example on how SCRAMJET could be used to achieve Boosted Glide maneuver.

India had already tested its SCRAMJET engine, but on other hand, could you kindly give me a instance when India had tested its boost glide system?
Boost glide vehicle is a successor to the RV used on Indian missiles, not necessarily needed, as most of the members including mods know about that, why not talk on trajectory, altitude achieved by these missiles to make the projectile is actually smaller than the range they actually achieved. All the k-series missiles are the example of that. Indian missile doesn't need booster like Scramjet since the rockets themselves acc the vehicle above hypersonic, what isro tested was a tech par NASA in early 2000s, it ran on hydrogen fuel and has less endurance than HSTDV Scramjet. For a vehicle tech like that of ISRO, Scramjets are used for Booster, not for the missile. HSTDV is a TD for Scramjet, and whole project is moving around the Scramjet.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
IAF successfully tests guided bomb off Odisha coast

BHUBANESWAR: The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully carried out a three-day target simulation exercise over Bay of Bengal by air dropping home grown sophisticated bombs paving the way for their induction in the Armed Forces. Defence sources said three rounds of the indigenously developed bomb were dropped from a fighter aircraft of IAF on different conditions. While first test of the series was conducted at about 10 pm on Monday, the rest two consecutive tests were carried out on the next two days during afternoon.

The tests of the guided weapons designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was aimed at gauging the accuracy of target simulation and precision hit. “The IAF fighter aircraft carrying the bombs took off from Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal and dropped at perfect locations off Odisha coast as coordinated. The tests were highly successful in terms of finding locations and accuracy,” said a defence official. The medium range bombs, guided by its on board navigation system glided before hitting the target with great precision.

The entire exercise was monitored by radars and electro-optic systems stationed at the Chandipur-based Integrated Test Range (ITR). This is an all-weather precision guided weapon designed to provide enhanced striking capability to the Air Force against buried targets. The low cost and light weight bomb is capable of clearing ground-based enemy radar. Multiple DRDO laboratories including Bengaluru-based Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), Punebased Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) and Chandigarh-based Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) with Research Centre Imarat (RCI) at Hyderabad as the nodal laboratory have contributed towards development of the bomb.

The successful test has once again proved that the country has now become self-reliant in the area of guided precision bombs and has the capability to design, develop and launch the guided weapon systems up to 100 km away with high precision. The complete avionics package and navigation system has been designed and developed by RCI.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...sts-guided-bomb-off-odisha-coast-1784240.html
which bomb?? sudarshan bomb or something else??

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Actual scaled pic of Stand Off Anti-Tank Missile/ S.A.N.T Missile (also known as MLPGM/ Missile Launched Precision Guided Munition). Powered by MMW Seeker.

The name Missile Launched PGM (MLPGM) IS given because it can be fitted inside a Tactical Ballistic Missile and release it from a favorable altitude. Ultra Unique Concept. I guess Pinaka will take the role of carrying it although the other pic mentions Prithvi Missile.
View attachment 23520
View attachment 23521
Are you sure that SANT = MLPGM ?
Read this: Dr VK Saraswat’s PGM report from 2003
^^ No mention of a SANT here. Although the pic of the presentation slide you posted has been explained here.
Also, reading that report shows that the original plan called for dual-mode guidance in missiles and PGMs by 2017. The target has been missed, but will hopefully be accomplished soon.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Are you sure that SANT = MLPGM ?
Read this: Dr VK Saraswat’s PGM report from 2003
^^ No mention of a SANT here. Although the pic of the presentation slide you posted has been explained here.
Also, reading that report shows that the original plan called for dual-mode guidance in missiles and PGMs by 2017. The target has been missed, but will hopefully be accomplished soon.
"2003"

There could be minor differences between MLPGM and S.A.N.T but both are same, absolute twins, with MMW Seeker.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
"2003"

There could be minor differences between MLPGM and S.A.N.T but both are same, absolute twins, with MMW Seeker.
If this is true, then this is the most modular system we have. One question though......what is the weight of SANT?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Bharat Dynamics Ltd - IPO Note - Angel Broking
Posted On: 2018-03-09 10:00:51
Incorporated in 1970, Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), a Government of India (GOI) Enterprise under the Ministry of Defense (MOD) was established in Hyderabad to be a manufacturing base for guided missiles and allied defense equipment. BDL, a Miniratna Category-I Public Sector Unit (PSU), is amongst the few industries in the world having capabilities to produce state-of-the-art guided weapon systems.

Healthy order book indicates strong revenue visibility: BDL current order book stands at Rs. 10,543cr, comprising the Akash Weapon System, LR SAM, MR SAM, INVAR (3 UBK 20) ATGM and the Konkurs-M ATGM. This puts the revenue visibility for next two years at 2.2x (on FY17 revenues of Rs. 4,832cr). Going forward, the strong order book will further help the BDL to boost its top-line.

Offering wide Range of Products: BDL is one of the leading defence PSUs in India, engaged in the manufacture of Surface to Air missiles, Anti Tank Guided Missiles, under water weapons, launchers, counter measures and test equipment.

Additionally, BDL is also involved in the business of refurbishment and life extension of missiles manufactured. BDL is co-development partner with the DRDO for the next generation of ATGMs & SAMs, and capable of catering to India's emerging guided missile and torpedo requirement.

BDL to benefit from Make in India initiative: The government's new thrust towards Make in India seeks to fast-track defence procurements with indigenous manufacturing being given the highest priority. This would benefit the defence players like BDL.

Outlook & Valuation: In terms of valuations, the pre-issue P/E works out to 22.7x 1HFY2018 annualized earnings (at the upper end of the issue price band), which is lower compared to BDL's peers like Bharat Electron and Apollo Micro System (trading at 33.6x and 40.7x of its 1HFY2018 annualized earnings respectively). Further, BDL has a strong order book and revenue visibility, coupled with superior return ratios compared to peers. Hence, considering the above positive factors including growth in the defence industry, we recommend SUBSCRIBE on the issue.

Source: Equity Bulls

http://equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=224280

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles