DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
There were some reports on NGMBT so tanks could be on the list.if true some dalals of t14 armata may need some burnol
my nibba even i'm too not sure

around Feb 2021, we heard that a new redesigned arjun is in the making with full loaded weight of 62 tonne and 120mm smoothbore !

however we weren't sure. however now it seems like it true, given tank is int he negative import list !

as for NGMBT, still in paper works. hope it will come with 140mm gun

IndianHawk

Country flag
then this confirms it !

if tanks are banned then i think there is a Arjun mk2 ( apart mk1a) in prototyping

Hope its true !

@Bleh
All kind of tanks are under development. We have heavy tanks design of arjun mk2.
Medium tank design as ngmbt. And light tank design based on l&t drdo collaboration.

Ngmbt is what will replace t72 numbers. It will weigh around 50 tons.

Arjun mk2 will come only if army feels the need for heavy tanks in future.

RFI for light tank is already out .

not so dravidian

Country flag
All kind of tanks are under development. We have heavy tanks design of arjun mk2.
Medium tank design as ngmbt. And light tank design based on l&t drdo collaboration.

Ngmbt is what will replace t72 numbers. It will weigh around 50 tons.

Arjun mk2 will come only if army feels the need for heavy tanks in future.

RFI for light tank is already out .
as for MGMBT it has started in TD phase from the recent tweet

Absolute

Country flag
Our missiles aren't mounted on MAZ, they are out of sight, inside railway carriage and coaches, container trucks etc
I doubt railway carriages and coaches can be used to launch missiles in future, since the Indian railways are planning to fully electrify the rails by 2022. Overhead electric cables mean no space for missile launch.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Did they build a working prototype for NGMBT yet? I think its a bit too early to discuss things that are models like AMCA and other stuff....
Projects confirmed the tank will roll out some day but when is anybodys guess.t72 need to removed and I think army has all eyes set on armata fully knowing ruskies will sell a highly watered down version to us and rip us of

omaebakabaka

I doubt railway carriages and coaches can be used to launch missiles in future, since the Indian railways are planning to fully electrify the rails by 2022. Overhead electric cables mean no space for missile launch.
that wont be a big problem to solve :) to get rid of few poles when its ready to fire.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It will take probably a minute the cut the cable above the launcher . And it will take railway few hours only to repair. And this will happen once in years for testing and for actual war hopefully never.

omaebakabaka

Projects confirmed the tank will roll out some day but when is anybodys guess.t72 need to removed and I think army has all eyes set on armata fully knowing ruskies will sell a highly watered down version to us and rip us of
I think we should stick with upgraded t-90s and not introduce armata....tech heavy ones should be inhouse going forward in my opinion. t-72's are still good, heck countries are still fighting with t-55 and 64

Willy3

Country flag
Well the missile coach wouldn't travel alone, the train might have engineers with necessary tools along with soldiers with big guns to take care of those problems.

If we have to launch an ICBM within 5 minutes, a 100m strech of electric wires would be least of our problem .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
my nibba even i'm too not sure

around Feb 2021, we heard that a new redesigned arjun is in the making with full loaded weight of 62 tonne and 120mm smoothbore !

however we weren't sure. however now it seems like it true, given tank is int he negative import list !

as for NGMBT, still in paper works. hope it will come with 140mm gun
Every country is trying to get tanks in the 40 to 55 tonne range and army wants one in 62 tonnes that makes zero sense.army was once complaining about weight of arjun now this

Willy3

Country flag
Looks like Army nibbas will finally be grounded with tanks are about to be part of negetive import list

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@FalconSlayers
Are you infected with pessimism🤔
I just pointed out the fact, this is 2nd import list, I point the same thing last time during first import list ban.
Yes, if they earn a bit then they can invest it further on R&D. But then you need to follow the self embargo else I am laughing on this government for a self embargo and then finding waivers for things which you still want to import even after embargo, if you want such waivers then what is the point of an embargo imposed on yourself?

If Armed Forces think that because in USA private firms make a lot of defence equipment and ours have started doing it then we are at the same level then I can feel pity on them, if army wants an AR-15 pattern carbine, ask SSSD to develop an AR-15 carbine instead of issuing tenders for specs, specs alone don’t matter, design too matters but in other parts of the world countries lobby to make their private companies win the tender if their provided equipment qualifies al parameters else they can import, here in India we lobby to import and stay away from Indian companies.

We would have been using thousands of Arjuns but Army changed their requirements unnecessarily over time so that Arjun becomes unacceptable and T-90s are imported, same goes with their infantry rifle program, they changed their caliber requirements multiple times during development, we can make but we need people who are ready for it and hate imports. Here Indian Army purposely wants a foreign rifle to win their firearms tender while they can ask SSSD straightaway that we need AKs and ARs not CZ BREN knockoff P-72s so make it for us so that you can easily win the tender but then Army will not do it, Army can help in development of Small Arms but they don’t do it purposely so that few elites can earn kickbacks from imports and then this so called arms embargo, what happened now? They said they will get an indigenous carbine but they are inviting foreign bids too? This is just joke, even I can say I will study 12 hours a day without touching phone and then spend hours on it saying, aaj man nahi padhne ka, aaj zaruri kaam hai, ek kaam tha...

Navy is in best condition because they focussed on indigenisation and hence we are producing aircraft carriers like INS Vikrant indigenously and next INS Vishal carrier will also be built indigenously, Navy only has to float tenders to those who will construct their submarine and all of them are Indian companies.

Airforce is now focussing on indigenisation hence now they are getting well off for future but Indian army so called pride of India has always lobbied for imported maal, funny thing is that Indian helicopter service companies like Pawan Hans (which is a government PSU company) uses Airbus helicopters and not Indigenous Dhruv helos, if Civilian variant of Dhruv was made for fun then why did Government waste our taxpayers’ money on it’s development?

Indian Army uses almost half a dozen different types of red dots and holographic sights, we import EOTech 512 even though BEL Makes holographic sights indigenously, Army could have made it standard, but made a clusterfuck with infuse of multiple imported ones,

The only reason QAT got Quad NODs was because Tonbo was making it in India indigenously, if they were not making it, the MoD would not have sanctioned it’s development for use, such is our condition.

World’s best firearm makers belong to the countries where firearms are illegal to own
except for a few legal civilian weapons for self defence.

If Army wanted an AR-18 battle rifle they could have asked SSSD to make an AR-18 rifle but then they want ki SSSD ko ham kyu bole? Wo nahi banaye unki galti, ham import karenge.

It is not America where if a company’s product does not qualify then it can be rejected, it is India hence if one is developing UAV then support it so that it can be procured instead of rejecting them and leaving them with few resources.

We have JV called PLR which hardly receives any bulk orders, they make small arms and all sorts of accessories indigenously yet are ignored.

Trololo

Country flag
I think we should stick with upgraded t-90s and not introduce armata....tech heavy ones should be inhouse going forward in my opinion. t-72's are still good, heck countries are still fighting with t-55 and 64
Upgrading T90s is very important. The Prooryv-3 is a well done tank and we should upgrade ours to that standard with Indian electronics and night vision devices.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hmm, silos? There isn't that much space in densely packed India to hide that many silos....we do not have Siberia nor upper midwest US like Dakotas or Wyoming like open spaces, I guess it is possible but mostly Indian strategy is road mobile with priority shifting to subs....I do agree we will never see any confirmation or clarity beyond ambiguity.
What are you talking about?

Personally I've seen two sites.

A5 of course is not made for Silo based launch, but nevertheless we have Silos present in India among plain sight.

omaebakabaka

What are you talking about?

Personally I've seen two sites.

A5 of course is not made for Silo based launch, but nevertheless we have Silos present in India among plain sight.
Here it is...if you have seen it then good to know

I guess it is possible but mostly Indian strategy is road mobile with priority shifting to subs....I do agree we will never see any confirmation or clarity beyond ambiguity.

Global Defence

Articles