DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

omaebakabaka

Not sure what is the use of TELs for Agni V, maybe for transport. Some Agni Vs are permanently aimed at China and stay buried in silos somewhere in central India, not moved or launched from TELs.

Well who manages, maintains, or works around them know. Defence personnel do not leak or divulge information, civilians who see them are either clueless or don't care that much. And they are not moved around like Agni-1/2 or Prithvi series.

And yeah, they are pretty much buried.
Hmm, silos? There isn't that much space in densely packed India to hide that many silos....we do not have Siberia nor upper midwest US like Dakotas or Wyoming like open spaces, I guess it is possible but mostly Indian strategy is road mobile with priority shifting to subs....I do agree we will never see any confirmation or clarity beyond ambiguity.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Hmm, silos? There isn't that much space in densely packed India to hide that many silos....we do not have Siberia nor upper midwest US like Dakotas or Wyoming like open spaces, I guess it is possible but mostly Indian strategy is road mobile with priority shifting to subs....I do agree we will never see any confirmation or clarity beyond ambiguity.
So there is not much space to house 40-60 2m X 20m cylindrical silos underground in India? We have massive defence cantonments & airforce bases in the middle of cities, we have multiple weapons testing grounds throughout India, but we cannot hide some missiles in an empty open place?

omaebakabaka

So there is not much space to house 40-60 2m X 20m cylindrical silos underground in India? We have massive defence cantonments & airforce bases in the middle of cities, we have multiple weapons testing grounds throughout India, but we cannot hide some missiles in an empty open place?
It is not about that, I have seen some of the minuteman icbm silos (decommisioned) that were retired in the US and they are not really hosted near bases for reasons....I have seen two particular ones, one out in the open close to an exit in Montana (if I remember correctly) in the middle of a wheat field and one can't really recognize from outside and the other in black hills, South Dakota....both regions are thinly populated and hard to reach as the roads leading in and out are very few....Only countries like China, US and Russia has practical space for silos in numbers....just my opinion not that I am correct.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Rumor is govt is going to introduce another negative import list in few weeks.

This list will ban import of single engine fighter jets as well as tanks .
Middle finger to Gripen,f21 arms lobby then!
Government bans those things which we are able to make right now and leaves those which we can’t. It is as good as nothing except for election campaigning tool.

omaebakabaka

Plus the missiles are getting smaller vs 1960's liquid or solid ones and also silos are expensive, easy to target probabilistically in 2nd strike oriented country and also not very flexible. Indian railways would be great with our vast network if they can fig out a camouflaging strategy

not so dravidian

Country flag
It would be good but tanks are not that strategic vs aircrafts, AD and some other things priority wise.
tanks will be enough for making the citizens believe in self-reliance.

as for AD we have everying from QRSAM TO AAKASH NG seems which will be improved to barak 8 range of 80km. add a booster 15okm volia !

MANPADS are in the making and XRSAM too

i guess by 2026 we will have an indeginous AD system

omaebakabaka

as for AD we have everying from QRSAM TO AAKASH NG seems which will be improved to barak 8 range of 80km. add a booster 15okm volia !

Yes and we should aim for 100% indigenous in these things as priority vs tanks which are arguably a bit less research intensive and private companies like L&T and Tata can really step in but aircrafts, missiles and otehr stuff take lot more fundamental research.....only if they have to prioritize stuff based on cost, human resources and budget and risk

Absolute

Country flag
Iran and North Korea are in different situation than India besides if India ramps up the production of ICBM it's sure there will be sanctions and Iran's longest range missile on paper is of 2000km we are way ahead at current stage we don't want any sanctions by making a long range missile more than agni 5 especially the support frm west these days after Chinese aggression.
Being in a "different situation" doesn't mean you don't prepare for the worst case scenario. You prepare assuming that the worst will happen. And countries that want to sanction us can go fuck themselves. Every time we refrain from doing something due to fear of sanctions we nibble at our sovereignty.

not so dravidian

Country flag
You never know what future will bring.
we do y'all worry about mizzle! we r way superior to chinese at seeker.
once Pralay comes we r even.

except we don't have ISTAR system

lolz! cud u believe that 2 ISTAR to be bought from rayteon was cancelled beacuse DRDO and IAF fought to be the lead test overseer ! :lehappy:

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

There were some reports on NGMBT so tanks could be on the list.if true some dalals of t14 armata may need some burnol

omaebakabaka

There were some reports on NGMBT so tanks could be on the list.if true some dalals of t14 armata may need some burnol
Did they build a working prototype for NGMBT yet? I think its a bit too early to discuss things that are models like AMCA and other stuff....Army wont risk based on paper models, they will always hedge

Global Defence

New threads

Articles