DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

omaebakabaka

Plus the missiles are getting smaller vs 1960's liquid or solid ones and also silos are expensive, easy to target probabilistically in 2nd strike oriented country and also not very flexible. Indian railways would be great with our vast network if they can fig out a camouflaging strategy
I am sure few others may have seen these silos, terrifying things and certainly not for claustrophobic...missile watch and control station was like few hundred metres away from the silo itself connected by tunnel and multiple blast proof doors (for expected first strike attack), I think it was masked as weather station or something from outside with barely no visible security. Would be interesting to see if one gets decommissioned in India sometime to compare....you can even see code input feeders and launch key slots....very interesting....Russian ones seem to be even more elaborate

Chinmoy

Country flag
Here it is...if you have seen it then good to know

I guess it is possible but mostly Indian strategy is road mobile with priority shifting to subs....I do agree we will never see any confirmation or clarity beyond ambiguity.
If you know what to look out for, you could see few more sites yourself in GE.

omaebakabaka

Is it really necessary to talk about silos to prove a point? Especially giving info that you have seen n numbers of em?
There is nothing sensitive in what he said, he did not give out location and if he is from govt then never a good idea to get on forums and put out your opinions plus he did not indicate that he went into the silo....lot of people claim lot of things on internet....so he did nothing wrong in my opinion

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@fire starter bhai u posted a edited snap of drdo supercomputers, in which Optical processors were mentioned.

has the 2nd phase of building optical supercomputers started?
No idea about current status but they are developing photonic integrated circuits for high speed computing.

Photon

Country flag
No idea about current status but they are developing photonic integrated circuits for high speed computing.
There was a talented guy from a Nagaland village in the above mentioned IISC laboratory , he has so much research publication in his account or simply an expert in photonic circuits but I think last year or recently he shifted to University of California San Diego, America. check alumni's photos in that link. In future we can hear his name for some achievement for someone. I don't want to mention his name but one thing our policy makers attitude towards researchers must be changed. Brain drain is a true fact...

sorcerer

Country flag
Solar Industries to deliver first lot of 40,000 grenades to Indian Army

1621759338992.png

CENTRAL Government’s bold decision to open up the ammunition manufacturing sector for private agencies is paying rich dividends as the Indian Army is all set to receive the first consignment of high quality grenades manufactured by Nagpur-based Economic Explosives Limited. It is for the first time in the Indian history a private company is manufacturing ammunition for the Armed Forces. Economic Explosives Limited, a subsidiary of Solar Industries India Limited, was recently awarded the contract of manufacturing 10 lakh grenades worth Rs 400 crore for the Indian Army. The first consignment of 40,000 Multi-Mode Hand Grenades (MMHG) will replace the British era vintage hand grenades being used by the country’s Army till date.

Indonesia to buy grenades from Solar Industries Impressed by the safety and lethality of Multi Mode Hand Grenades, many foreign countries are showing interest in the product made by the Indian private company. Some have already started negotiations while Indonesia is the first foreign nation to place an order for the grenades. The Government of India has recently given in-principle approval to Economic Explosives Limited to supply the grenades to Indonesia.

and some bitch media in India was saying the "Make in India " collapsed under Covid.

Global Defence

Articles