DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
98% was not a fact, 80% isn't either but overwhelming majority is quality...women, sc/st/bc/muslim and what not quotas....even IIT's are not what you may be thinking they are....people are getting in by tutorial based and pattern based hard work. Take one of the MIT undergrad courses in physics or something like calculus or probability online and you will see the way concepts and intuition are explained.
Was talking about the teaching standards, those are still high at IITs.
Acutally took an online postgraduate course on Advanced Mechanics from Michigan University. They tore down all the foundations of what we have ever studied and built from the ground up concepts of Mathematics and Mechanics, etc from a completely fresh perspective (which is essential to study that subject). Explaining manifolds, how force is not physical but a mathematical construct, etc. The course stopped one step short of introducing relativity to a class of Mechanical Engineers. The day I took that course I realized that such level of education is not possible in levels like State or Private universities in India. One IIT professor I knew told me that you should study with aim of appreciating the subject. This requires a genuine interest. Somebody being pushed into Engineering by their parents will never be able to see the beauty of that level of understanding. When you understand things with that level of intricacy, its the best feeling in the world.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

Was talking about the teaching standards, those are still high at IITs.
Acutally took an online postgraduate course on Advanced Mechanics from Michigan University. They tore down all the foundations of what we have ever studied and built from the ground up concepts of Mathematics and Mechanics, etc from a completely fresh perspective (which is essential to study that subject). Explaining manifolds, how force is not physical but a mathematical construct, etc. The course stopped one step short of introducing relativity to a class of Mechanical Engineers. The day I took that course I realized that such level of education is not possible in anything below State or Private universities in India. One IIT professor I knew told me that you should study with aim of appreciating the subject. This requires a genuine interest. Somebody being pushed into Engineering by their parents will never be able to see the beauty of that level of understanding.
Comments wise about IIT, nothing special once you enter....first hand feedback IITK....better than galli colleges but not comparable to some other international ones....the standards actually went down in IIT's over years...motivation is the biggest factor and 2nd independant thinking is frowned up on in Indian society and it is felt in the later years when you look back...atleast for me

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Comments wise about IIT, nothing special once you enter....first hand feedback IITK....better than galli colleges but not comparable to some other international ones....the standards actually went down in IIT's over years
What field were you in?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
GaN-on-silicon E-HEMT transistors are the choice for maximum performance, efficiency and cost-effective power supplies. Cost-effective driver technology enhances supply performance by simplifying layout, reducing component count, and improving reliability. DRDO developed 30 finger, 3 mm gallium Nitride based HEMT a crucial component for the development of GaN based radar, seekers and communication systems. It’s also very beneficial in space and other civilian application too. Due to its low sensitivity to ionizing radiation it a considered suitable material for solar cell arrays for satellites. Thus India one step closer to incorporating highly advanced GaN AESA radar for AMCA & other aircrafts.

DRDO prototype

The advantages of the HEMT include its high carrier concentration and its higher electron mobility due to reduced ionized impurity scattering. The combination of high carrier concentration and high electron mobility results in a high current density and a low channel resistance, which are especially important for high frequency operation and power switching applications.

DRDO Prototype
1621137475384.jpeg

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
T90 probably has more indian components than arjun now. And goal is to have almost 2000 T90 in service.
Seems in that direction.

Arjun is done for untill new fmbt is designed at about 50-55 tons or heavy tanks come back in fashion which isn't happening anytime soon.
The Arjun MK1A is in weight category of M1 Abrams.

omaebakabaka

T90 probably has more indian components than arjun now. And goal is to have almost 2000 T90 in service.
Seems in that direction.

Arjun is done for untill new fmbt is designed at about 50-55 tons or heavy tanks come back in fashion which isn't happening anytime soon.
Hmm, if lot of components are Indian then can't really explain why we look to import light tanks and take decades on ARjun 2.0....Russian tanks are well balanced and fall under sweet spot for weight compared to german or uk shit

Global Defence

New threads

Articles