DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Karthi

Country flag
@Karthi sir , us the present model of drdo final or a more advanced version with better fuel cell in deveolpment ( solid based fuel cell) .

@Bleh hvt sir once wrote there are two versions of cats warrior , what were they ?

DRDO developing Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell , Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell & sediment-based Microbial Fuel Cell.

stack of solid oxide fuel .jpg

stack of solid oxide fuel cell, this one can produce 250W upto 1000Hours.

Chinmoy

Country flag
There is a reason why you don't see shit like this ever replacing anything other than novelty and western white elephants to pocket more of tax payer money. Ramjets are nothing new....if this idea had merit you would seen these things long time back.....don't make everything a missile or what its not. Rest is your blabber......first understand simple english and context and not parrot "wrong notion" to everything and everyone. Keep your opinion and I will keep mine. To simplify more let's agree to disagree.....if it has merit it will come to market
There lies the problem with you. You would write down an essay full of ILLOGICAL NONSENSE, but would not read or listen to the counter point of the next person.

Now coming to why this medieval tech has not ben pursued till now. For this you have to understand another medieval phrase, "Necessity is the mother of invention". Inspite of fielding 52 caliber howitzers, US has gone for short range 39 caliber M777. Why?
If you could find the answer of this question, you would also know why inspite of fielding M549RAP, they are working on XM1155 program.
I would not talk about case of IA here because I've already heard about the Tax Payer money nonsense in your last comment.

And sorry if my 'Wrong Notion' part irritated you. I would change it to 'ZERO KNOWLEDGE' from now on.

airstrike99

Country flag
Again wrong notion about warfare here.

Cost of a general Arty shell is around 1 Lakh/unit.
Even if we increase it 10 folds with RAMJET, it would cost around 10Lakh/unit. Now don't compare it with a guided shell at the drop of a hat. A guided shell like Excalibur would cost 2 times more because of its kit.

Now cost of a Pinaka Mk2 is 23 Lakh/unit i.e, double of a RAMJET powered shell. For each Pinaka rocket fired for 60 km range, you could fire two RAMJET shells. This is cost aspect of the shell over conventional shell and tube artillery.

Now a conventional 155mm artillery shell would weight 30 to 50 kg against a 100kg warhead of Pinaka. Now in our case, we can't go directly for caliber increment in case of a CFV. So when you have to target anything beyond the reach of conventional artillery shell, you have to go for Pinaka. This is going to cause collateral damage which would mean a global political issue. On top of that you would be giving an excuse to Pakis to use A-100 on you which could target you at 100Km. That means you would be keeping on escalating the game which you could have nipped at the bud with a cheap alternative.

So whatever you think of firing a shell or a war, Cost and Political implications are two important factors. So 155 mmm RAMJET shell is a cost effective solution which could bridge the gap between artlley and tube artillery. Just like Excalibur, which cost a whooping 44Lakh/Unit, it would be a special purpose ammo on our arsenal.
what about the cost and maintenance of gun of standard artillery guns. that is a lot costlier than rocket artillery.
ramjet shells might only replace conventional shells but rocket artillery has its own importance. rocket artillery can destroy a large piece of land in a single salvo. but the enemy gets time to recover during the reload of 1min. while standard artillery can only fire in small areas unless you need to have large no. of guns which is costly affair, but can provide sustained blasts, the enemy has no time to react. he just has to run away.

it depends on the use hence both standard and rocket artillery are very important.
and we need to extend the range of our rocket artillery from 90km to atleast 250 to 300 km.
atags, dhanush, sarang, 'light howitzer indian' will be sufficient for conventional artillery

omaebakabaka

There lies the problem with you. You would write down an essay full of ILLOGICAL NONSENSE, but would not read or listen to the counter point of the next person.

Now coming to why this medieval tech has not ben pursued till now. For this you have to understand another medieval phrase, "Necessity is the mother of invention". Inspite of fielding 52 caliber howitzers, US has gone for short range 39 caliber M777. Why?
If you could find the answer of this question, you would also know why inspite of fielding M549RAP, they are working on XM1155 program.
I would not talk about case of IA here because I've already heard about the Tax Payer money nonsense in your last comment.

And sorry if my 'Wrong Notion' part irritated you. I would change it to 'ZERO KNOWLEDGE' from now on.
You can't seem to digest a sentence or two, education system seems to have failed you. Let's wait to see if market takes it up. There seems to be lot of field marshals and generals like you on forums and not to mention scientists with plenty of time.
In the interest of thread, I wont respond more to your bluster.

Chinmoy

Country flag
what about the cost and maintenance of gun of standard artillery guns. that is a lot costlier than rocket artillery.
ramjet shells might only replace conventional shells but rocket artillery has its own importance. rocket artillery can destroy a large piece of land in a single salvo. but the enemy gets time to recover during the reload of 1min. while standard artillery can only fire in small areas unless you need to have large no. of guns which is costly affair, but can provide sustained blasts, the enemy has no time to react. he just has to run away.

it depends on the use hence both standard and rocket artillery are very important.
and we need to extend the range of our rocket artillery from 90km to atleast 250 to 300 km.
atags, dhanush, sarang, 'light howitzer indian' will be sufficient for conventional artillery
Well I am not comparing tube artillery with guns. Both of them are on different league. But in our case, if we try to attain longer range then what we have now, instead of gun we have to depend on tube artillery.
Now it would have its own set of problems. So its not just tube artillery which needs an increase in range, but guns too need a range extension.

Chinmoy

Country flag
You can't seem to digest a sentence or two, education system seems to have failed you. Let's wait to see if market takes it up. There seems to be lot of field marshals and generals like you on forums and not to mention scientists with plenty of time.
In the interest of thread, I wont respond more to your bluster.
Its good for you. I have seen plenty like you in this forum for last half decade.

airstrike99

Country flag
Well I am not comparing tube artillery with guns. Both of them are on different league. But in our case, if we try to attain longer range then what we have now, instead of gun we have to depend on tube artillery.
Now it would have its own set of problems. So its not just tube artillery which needs an increase in range, but guns too need a range extension.
but in the current scenario, we lack only tube artillery. especially when porkistan and chineez ching cheese have deployed 150km range artillery. ching cheese even have 300km rocket artillery. so we gotta have similar range to keep em in check near sino indian borders.

Ayushraj

Country flag
but in the current scenario, we lack only tube artillery. especially when porkistan and chineez ching cheese have deployed 150km range artillery. ching cheese even have 300km rocket artillery. so we gotta have similar range to keep em in check near sino indian borders.
Chinese strategy against India is to use volleys of rocket artillery,artillery and missiles to destroy our military installation and strategic targets.
Chinese will not use their air force due natural barrier their aircraft would be sitting ducks.
Here comes the role of air force precious guided bomb . Sukhoi, Jaguar and rafales would do the job of taking out these Chinese assest. What is use of having spice 2000,hammer , etc precision guided munitions.
Harop and harpy could also the job of taking out this system if needed.
India artillery units armed with brahmos are deployed in auranchal pradesh to taking out these systems
in future ramjet powered artillery shell can be cost effective measure to deal with these long range mbrl. Even armed drone and loyal wingman can do this job in future

Karthi

Country flag
MIL Grade Ultracapacitors
  • JS55555 Qualified
  • Best-in-Class ESR and Pulse Power Capabilities
  • Qualified by Indian Army for use as Jump Start Device for Class A Vehicles
  • Tested by Northern Command in the Winters of the Himalayan Terrains @ -30 Deg C
  • Tested by Southern Command in the Deserts of Rajasthan in Peak Summer +50 Deg C
ANP_3252.jpg
ANP_3234.jpg
ANP_3246.jpg
ANP_3234-1.jpg

Aartech bags supply order to deliver Uacapacitor-based systems to Indian Army.

visittheir site.

Chinmoy

Country flag
We are lacking in overall artillery segment. Even our guns are not in numbers we want.

What you are saying is just increase in range rather then numbers. We need increment in both segments. DRDO is already working on Rocket artillery caliber increment. But when it comes to gun range increment, we have done nothing.

SKC

Country flag
MIL Grade Ultracapacitors
  • JS55555 Qualified
  • Best-in-Class ESR and Pulse Power Capabilities
  • Qualified by Indian Army for use as Jump Start Device for Class A Vehicles
  • Tested by Northern Command in the Winters of the Himalayan Terrains @ -30 Deg C
  • Tested by Southern Command in the Deserts of Rajasthan in Peak Summer +50 Deg C
View attachment 87008View attachment 87009View attachment 87010View attachment 87011

Aartech bags supply order to deliver Uacapacitor-based systems to Indian Army.

visittheir site.

This type of products have a big market in civilian sector. This should trickle down to civilian market.
Current there are expensive foreign products available online.

Global Defence

Articles