DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Pakistan regularly uses callsigns such as "Ghazi", "Ghaznavi", "Babur", "Timur".

We can use Sanskrit & Puranic names such as "Arjun", "Drona", "Ravana". Will be fun :)
I wish I could joke but
Not something to be made fun of mate 😐.
This move from Modi has opened a can of worms. Read the article to get the grip of the situation, writer made a very snarky comment here and there.
Not being in the army the likes of us have no comprehension of what these tradition means to the officers. Many of our military folks support acharcic practices like Sahakayak system, this is also one of them.
Indian army's emblem consist of two European straight sword now what have we done about that.
Many of Indian army tradition are infact British with little to no change after independence. The officers live in their own world, u know the usual fork and travel mannerism of the Babus.
There is a turf war in People graduating from IMA and NDA.
There is something really fucked up about the military culture of our nation.
I am no one to criticize tho since I am not the member of the military I have no authority to comment.
NCO and CO are treated very differently.
Top ranking army officer live in their own world disconnected, some the stories I have will make u puke.
I have the greatest respect for a foot soldier but as u go higher I am not sure anymore they are not human to me.

omaebakabaka

WELL THIS ONE
Lot of contradictions for me....unless I am wrong ramjet is ideal for something that cruises a bit beginning with powered take off like a missile....a tank shell no matter what has limit on size and for short distances generally no cruise phase in a liberal sense to attain the initial speed or altitude that ramjet may need.....it kinda falls into rocket artillery like pinaka....

Chinmoy

Country flag
Unmanned ground vehicle on a medium truck?????
What is it utility, if troop/supply carrying is the thing it doesn't make any sense, as it is adding complexity

@Lonewolf nibba is it worth posting?
Payload.

A safari could be a good recce vehicle for border patrol, but it would lag on payload sector when CBRN scenario occurs.

If you woul look carefully, that medium flatbed is customised for that very role. It's basically a CU & Lab unit built into one.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Lot of contradictions for me....unless I am wrong ramjet is ideal for something that cruises a bit beginning with powered take off like a missile....a tank shell no matter what has limit on size and for short distances generally no cruise phase in a liberal sense to attain the initial speed or altitude that ramjet may need.....it kinda falls into rocket artillery like pinaka....
Wrong notion.
Ramjet is a propulsion mechanism. Whether you want to use it for cruising or parabolic moment depends on the design you are implementing it on.

In arty shell, it is used to attend range.

omaebakabaka

Wrong notion.
Ramjet is a propulsion mechanism. Whether you want to use it for cruising or parabolic moment depends on the design you are implementing it on.

In arty shell, it is used to attend range.
This is from wiki but also generally accepted highlevel context for ramjet....

"Ramjets work most efficiently at supersonic speeds around Mach 3 (2,300 mph; 3,700 km/h). This type of engine can operate up to speeds of Mach 6 (4,600 mph; 7,400 km/h)."

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I had raised this issue years back here

Chanakya ko samajhne ka aukad nahi chale Tzu ko samajhne

That is why our military thinkers were always sub par except for a very few of them
I wish they could have Dharma Chakra as symbol instead of British and French style tri-color circles. We earlier had Chakra has emblem AFAIK.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This is from wiki but also generally accepted highlevel context for ramjet....

"Ramjets work most efficiently at supersonic speeds around Mach 3 (2,300 mph; 3,700 km/h). This type of engine can operate up to speeds of Mach 6 (4,600 mph; 7,400 km/h)."
Again wrong notion.

Ramjet is less effective in subsonic in the context that fuel consumption is relatively higher, which by the way is signature of Ramjet propulsion, then conventional air breathing engine.
But it is more effective in any scenario where the subject is travelling at supersonic speed. Now Mach 2, at which arty shells travels, comes very much under supersonic speed.

Moreover a simple solution like rocket assisted arty shell is already in use for decades. The Ramjet assisted is just the next step. So the logic that it would not be effective is flawed at the base

omaebakabaka

Again wrong notion.
What exactly do you mean? Please explain....ramjets are engines, i have no nother notion about it.
Ramjet is less effective in subsonic in the context that fuel consumption is relatively higher, which by the way is signature of Ramjet propulsion, then conventional air breathing engine.
Even small ammo fired from .22 based on cartridge goes supersonic and rifle bullets typically mach 2 to 3 especially mil grade.....not all things have the size to put engines even much simpler engines. With that said, anything can be researched and even experimented and studied with 10000 to 1 odds but intuitively speaking an arty shell does not have the size nor it plays role in traveling great distances (related to size as one param) nor it reaches altitude where ramjet's work optimally. This is my intuitive thinking and some of these are contradictions.
Moreover a simple solution like rocket assisted arty shell is already in use for decades. The Ramjet assisted is just the next step. So the logic that it would not be effective is flawed at the base
This is more natural evolution and are still very much considered special but with small aero surfaces that can be controlled, targeting can be improved using gps and so on. So they are not that hard to visualize as arty shells already need propellent charge to get them going. Fitting another engine is a bit counter intuitive to me not that it is impossible.....may be go for 400 mm or 203 mm or like soviets did nuclear charge shells but generally overcomplicating never ends up well as there are always more efficient ways.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles