DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I posted it in this thread 2 years ago and since than multiple times mentioned it , but nobody noticed i believe.

And i posted it on twitter on 23rd march , from which idrw took including the pic.

They simply swapped the pic sideways in photo editor .
And they say they will do copyright strike if you copy and post it somewhere lol 😆.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I posted it in this thread 2 years ago and since than multiple times reposted it , but nobody noticed i believe.

And i posted it on twitter on 23rd march , from which idrw took including the pic and the information ( there is additional information in the tweet thread )

They simply swapped the pic sideways in photo editor.

Also regarding the P8i no such information is there . They added it themselves. The only information which was there i posted it. Nothing more. But if you want to believe its upto you.

There is something i didn't mention in my tweet , it is not a DRDO program perse , but actually it is a drdo funded program . But i didn't mention it and simply posted it as DRDO Glider Assisted Torpedo program. Others also assumed it so because i didn't mention it ever .

" DRDO has started work ..... " :doh:

The program is atleast 3 years old , i posted it 2 years ago.

porky_kicker

Country flag
And they say they will do copyright strike if you copy and post it somewhere lol 😆.
Actually they are within their rights , since the content on their website is theirs.

Full copy of the content is infringement by law.

And i understand they need to post content regularly , so they need to source information from wherever possible.

I only posted to show that much of info is available in this thread itself, and much of time it does not get attention unless same info gets published by others.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
So our own desi girl has completed 5019 incident free test flights on 24th March .

This is a remarkable achievement for a country like us. A 4+ gen combat aircraft which was earlier branded as being too unsafe to fly and shouldn't be flown earlier by the usual suspects and know it all defense analysts in the West have crossed the milestone of 5000 test flights without a single airframe loss or crash landing or any other mishap.

IMG-20210325-WA0005.jpg

Even Sweden with decades of combat jet aircraft design and development experience wasn't able to achieve an accident free test campaign for their JAS -39 A/B .

And then people say India is a third world country where they can build shit. My sympathies for such people .

Tang

Country flag
No, it doesn't. DRDO copy-paste all kinds of news clippings. XRSAM exists because its mentioned on DRDO site as one of the ongoing projects.
XR-SAM project is going on from 2017 onwards(maybe even before).

aditya g

Country flag
Any rationale for the hybrid VLS-Erector Launcher configuration for the missile armament?

Reloads at sea seem to be a good reason.

No there are 2 ships being built

1. VC11184 OSS MRIS ( missile range instrumentation ship ) it is for very long range searching, tracking and telemetry control of airborne objects eg long range ballistic missiles ( ICBMs / SLBMs ) , long range cruise missiles , trajectories of multiple MIRVs simultaneously or progressively released from ICBMs / SLBMs , hypersonic missiles etc.

View attachment 56047

It's primary radar is a X band radar inside the biggest dome , it has 2 other smaller secondary S band radars inside smaller domes.

2. DRDO project 20 ship also known as technology demonstration vessel. It is the 2nd MRIS ship . It is smaller than VC11184.

It has the dual panel LR-MFR ( long range multifunction radar ) and 4 SLS ( ship launch system ) launchers for launching primarily AD 1 and AD 2 interceptors . IMO SLS launchers were also be configured or modified when required to launch long range cruise missiles , long range SAMs , SMART missiles etc for testing purposes. The SLS launchers are housed one level below the ship deck . And the openings are covered by retractable hatches.

Inorder to launch the missile the hatch opens and the launcher is articulated from stowed position 0° to firing position 90° . After that on command the missile is launched. Missiles are also reloaded inside the deck through a reloading mechanism.

View attachment 56048

IMO LR-MFR will also be used to complement the radars on VC11184 inorder to track near end trajectory and splash points of MIRVs ( after handover ) , missile warheads , low level flight trajectory of cruise missiles , interception points of missiles and their airborne targets etc.

Both the ships are part of drdo floating test range .

Karthi

Country flag
interesting.

The K-4 has a range of over 3000 km and its boost-glide re-entry vehicle (BGRV) is India's entry into the worldwide hypersonic race that is unfolding at the moment
@porky_kicker

K4 Re entry vehicle is actually uses the tech what the journos dubbed as Hypersonic Glide Vehicle. It most probably better than Chinese glide vehicle and more accurate than Chinese. I am saying the same from the very first day .

Karthi

Country flag
INSSarvekshak, IndianNavy's Hydrographic Survey Ship, enteed Port Louis, Mauritius, the ship will undertake Hydrographic Survey off Mauritius & contribute towards CapacityBuilding of Mauritian Hydrographers.

IMG_20210325_220004.jpg
IMG_20210325_215959.jpg
IMG_20210325_220006.jpg
IMG_20210325_220008.jpg

/////////

IMG_20210325_220236.jpg

IMG_20210325_220238.jpg

Indian Naval Ship INS Shardul has made a port call at Antsiranana, Madagascar as part of First Training Squadron’s (1TS) Overseas Deployment.

Willy3

Country flag
I think example can be INS Dhruv. This ship uses X-band radar developed by ISRO.
I think it works in reverse way, diverting technology from commercial space company where we gather lots of foreign technology with JV could bring sanction if the link get exposed.

Articles