DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
This is 1700 kg is advertised weight that mq9 reaper could take off theoretically.
Did mq 9 reaper carry so much advanced radar/sensor inside it that could guide SMART
Who is talking about SMART here? I've just given you the mathematical equation of what it is capable to carry.

Did any army in world ever operationally deployed a 11 ton behemoth at 18k feet?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That's IDN report. DRDO only published it.

But nevertheless, XRSAM does exists.But physically its not like what these portals are showing up.
So what? DRDO published something means it exists.

Aniruddha Mulay

View attachment 82762

DRDO has started work on developing an add-on kit for the Advanced Light Torpedo Shyena that will enable the weapon to glide through the air from altitudes as high as 20,000 feet and enable the Boeing P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol jet to attack enemy submarines from long ranges.

DRDO Glider Assisted Torpedo program is to turn advanced Light Torpedo Shyena into a glide weapon that jettisons wings and other air-control controls and activates its parachute before it’s near to hit the water. The glider kit will be able to glide for seven to 10 minutes that’s around 25-30km before entering the water and travel further 20km before hitting its intended target.

The glider adaptor kit includes a flight control computer, a GPS–INS-based navigation system, and power sources. Advanced Light Torpedo Shyena won’t be requiring any modifications for the Glide adaptor kit. DRDO might be including a data link to transmit target position updates while in flight at later stages.

idrw.org

View attachment 82764

the project is few years old. this one can be easily achievable.

View attachment 82766

Mark 54 light-weight torpedo is getting this same treatment via the High Altitude Anti-Submarine Warfare Weapon Capability.

View attachment 82768

this capability will enable P-8I to drop weapons from several thousand feet's , does not need to take the time to descend low over the ocean and can avoid enemy Ship based SAMs.

View attachment 82767
The bigger question is whether Uncle Sam will allow integration of this system onto its P8I platform or not?
We are buying MK54 LWT inspite of having Shyena LWT and ALT which is in trials.

Ayushraj

Country flag
The bigger question is whether Uncle Sam will allow integration of this system onto its P8I platform or not?
We are buying MK54 LWT inspite of having Shyena LWT and ALT which is in trials.
Since uncle Sam wants Indian navy to be capable to some extent to counter wrath of Chinese nuclear submarines.
This is all work of quad.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sir btw maybe off topic.. what happen with desi Iskandar...aka..pranash missile ?
Personally speaking, I am not worried about Prahaar and Prannash. They would come in due course. They are more of an extension for our tube artillery. But with GoI coming afore with Shaurya deployment(which I've told long back) they are sure to get into back stage.

More important for us is the 300 mm and 400 mm variant of Pinaka. With its introduction, the short range ballistic missile like Prahaar and Prannash would have a new look.

Willy3

Country flag
Personally speaking, I am not worried about Prahaar and Prannash. They would come in due course. They are more of an extension for our tube artillery. But with GoI coming afore with Shaurya deployment(which I've told long back) they are sure to get into back stage.

More important for us is the 300 mm and 400 mm variant of Pinaka. With its introduction, the short range ballistic missile like Prahaar and Prannash would have a new look.
Le..here looks like I am thinking about things which going to be backdated soon lol.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Seeing American gun channels I found out why and how OFB is exporting Ammunition to USA from India, there is a serious shortage of ammunition in US Civilian market and OFB makes Ammo dirt cheap. Every Ammo company is out of stock there.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Seeing American gun channels I found out why and how OFB is exporting Ammunition to USA from India, there is a serious shortage of ammunition in US Civilian market and OFB makes Ammo dirt cheap. Every Ammo company is out of stock there.
was trying to find out who exactly bought OFB ammo in U.S, if you come across the info do post it here especially the price.

Articles