DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
@Bleh @patriots @fire starter @porky_kicker @Karthi

can somebody please answer few of my question?

why can't they make Rustom stealthier ??? :yuno:

from 16,000ft or the proposed 26,000 ft, will it be able to find tanks, artillery, missiles batteries, enemy radars and foot soldiers from that height?

will it be able to provide fire corrections and guidance to our artillery fire from such height?

will it be able to lase/guide incoming missiles from that height?

8rs of flight, 16000ft is very good achievement. but I feel it needs stealth.

i sincerely appreciate and thankful to @Bleh @patriots @porky_kicker @Karthi @fire starter @airtel @Dessert Storm and everyone else for trying to answer few of my questions regrading Rustam drone.

you guys are stars of the forum. like @Dessert Storm mentioned i should have worded my question properly, i meant stealthier and not fully stealth.

when i say stealthier, i meant like, radar absorbing paints, usage of composite materials, may be zigzag pointy materials (at microscopic level, i do not know what this material is called) etc

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Following the template you previously posted 👇
Guys drdo is making atleast 10 prototype missile s in Every missile project
Which helps in faster testing.,and also can be deployed if need arises
Now nirbhay is deployed, though it's user trial is going to happen in weeks
Do update us on testing/trials.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Nirbhay Cruise Missile to be tested With Indigenous STFE Propulsion System

The first developmental trial of a Nirbhay cruise missile fitted with an indigenous Small Turbo Fan Engine (STFE) propulsion system developed by the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) is expected, to take place this month. Nirbhay cruise missiles presently are powered by Russian-made NPO Saturn 36MT mini turbofan engines and DRDO plans to validate the STFE propulsion system in the upcoming test so that it enters full-scale production from 2021. Indigenous 110 kg Small Turbo Fan Engine (STFE) has undergone 90 minutes of continuous operation at max power setting at Bangalore and was also tested at Leh at -15 degree Celsius. Nirbhay Cruise Missile has been inducted, in limited numbers due to heighten border tensions with the Chinese Army in Ladhak Standoff but, the numbers are limited and are mostly pre-production models. The Nirbhay is a subsonic Long Range Land Attack Cruise Missile (LRLACM) that can be armed with a 200-300-kilogram warhead which can reportedly reach top speeds of 0.6-0.7 Mach and can strike land targets at a distance of up to 1,000 kilometers. DRDO plans to test a Shipborne version in 2023 and continue more tests with the indigenous STFE Propulsion System even in 2021. DRDO is also developing Air-Launched LRLACM which will be compatible with the Sukhoi-30MKI fleet which is planned to be tested also in 2023. DRDO has kept 12-14 October 2020 as the launch window to test the Nirbhay cruise missile.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nirbhay Cruise Missile to be tested With Indigenous STFE Propulsion System

The first developmental trial of a Nirbhay cruise missile fitted with an indigenous Small Turbo Fan Engine (STFE) propulsion system developed by the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) is expected, to take place this month. Nirbhay cruise missiles presently are powered by Russian-made NPO Saturn 36MT mini turbofan engines and DRDO plans to validate the STFE propulsion system in the upcoming test so that it enters full-scale production from 2021. Indigenous 110 kg Small Turbo Fan Engine (STFE) has undergone 90 minutes of continuous operation at max power setting at Bangalore and was also tested at Leh at -15 degree Celsius. Nirbhay Cruise Missile has been inducted, in limited numbers due to heighten border tensions with the Chinese Army in Ladhak Standoff but, the numbers are limited and are mostly pre-production models. The Nirbhay is a subsonic Long Range Land Attack Cruise Missile (LRLACM) that can be armed with a 200-300-kilogram warhead which can reportedly reach top speeds of 0.6-0.7 Mach and can strike land targets at a distance of up to 1,000 kilometers. DRDO plans to test a Shipborne version in 2023 and continue more tests with the indigenous STFE Propulsion System even in 2021. DRDO is also developing Air-Launched LRLACM which will be compatible with the Sukhoi-30MKI fleet which is planned to be tested also in 2023. DRDO has kept 12-14 October 2020 as the launch window to test the Nirbhay cruise missile.
Nirbhay is a ITCM whereas LRLACM is a separate project.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Nirbhay is like Kardashian's of Indian missiles, everything about it is out in public. I bet there's a more advance and capable missile we don't know about. :brahmos:
not exactly, we are smart enough to reveal just enough information to tease our enemy. the actual capabilities of all our defense products are much higher or better then what's being reported.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles