DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
i sincerely appreciate and thankful to @Bleh @patriots @porky_kicker @Karthi @fire starter @airtel @Dessert Storm and everyone else for trying to answer few of my questions regrading Rustam drone.

you guys are stars of the forum. like @Dessert Storm mentioned i should have worded my question properly, i meant stealthier and not fully stealth.

when i say stealthier, i meant like, radar absorbing paints, usage of composite materials, may be zigzag pointy materials (at microscopic level, i do not know what this material is called) etc
Why are drones used instead of manned aircrafts? 2 primary reasons.

1. In hot zone (without air dominance) a drone is expendable (suicide mission), where as a pilot is not. This is very rare, and used only during active war.

2. Common UAV missions are in a warm/cold zone without major AD challenge. It will operate beyond the range of MANPADS, can do persistent recce with its long range/endurance without forward operating base and the logistics involved.

So, basically, UAV doesn't need to be stealthy.

UCAV, OTOH needs to be stealthy, as it's mission profile includes penetration of hot zones under heavy AD threat.

SavageKing456

Country flag
the ADE Issued the EoI for the Manufacturing & Assembly of Airframe of the SwiFt (Scaled-down model of Ghatak ) UCAV last month.

(File photo: IITK) (wind tunnel model,UCAV)

And surprisingly the weight would be exceeding 1 tons which the SwiFt has
So its the full scaled prototype which they're issuing an expression of interest that mean SwIFt has already been tested lmao?

Karthi

Country flag
MK2.png
MK1.PNG

DRDO Bar Mine Layer (BML) Mk-II

Used for quickly creating minefield by burying anti-tank bar mines. The system can carry about 500 bar mines and lay/bury them at intervals of 6m to 30m.

MK1.PNG

Screenshot_2020-10-12-09-25-09-472_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

EOI for space based optronics sensors for hyperspectral Payload . LRDE

Screenshot_2020-10-12-09-24-57-053_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Swesh

Karthi

Country flag
FB_IMG_1602483996799.jpg

DRDO R&DE(E) has a state-of-the-art UV-LIGA based Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) fabrication and characterization facility. The establishment has also undertaken the task of designing and realising several devices such as Safety and Arming Fuse for Pinaka and accelerometers for Structural-Health-Monitoring applications. Several MEMS components for Fuse Safety and Arming mechanism such as permanent G-switch, floating G-switch, and miniature explosive switch etc.

Karthi

Country flag
smart-cruise-missile_orig.jpg

@yoggs

DRDO is planning/Working to develop a New Smart Cruise missile with stealth characteristics. This missile will have a range of 350-500km. This stealth cruise missile will be available in Land Attack and Anti-ship versions. Smart missile will be an air launched weapon for IAF and Indian Navy fighter aircrafts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles