DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
in this scenario how will WLR be taken care of, in case our adversaries are also using them.

IA Signals will be the first to locate the WLR, because WLR won’t be switched on for a long time. in this scenario, IA will have to wait for IAF to come and take care of it?
Arty is good enough for WLRs, is it not? ELINT should be able to triangulate the coordinates of enemy WLR and we could use ATAGS firing GPS/NAVIC guided munitions to take it out. WLR will usually be closer to the TBA, but if it is further away, maybe a special anti-radiatoin warhead can be developed for the Prahaar missile system. Either way, it is cheaper than buying a land-launched version of Rudram-1

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
@Bleh @patriots @fire starter @porky_kicker @Karthi

can somebody please answer few of my question?

why can't they make Rustom stealthier ??? :yuno:

from 16,000ft or the proposed 26,000 ft, will it be able to find tanks, artillery, missiles batteries, enemy radars and foot soldiers from that height?

will it be able to provide fire corrections and guidance to our artillery fire from such height?

will it be able to lase/guide incoming missiles from that height?

8rs of flight, 16000ft is very good achievement. but I feel it needs stealth.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
इतने सारे प्रक्षेपास्त्र के दर्शन हो गया लेकिन प्रलयनाथ गेंडा स्वामी कब अपने दर्शन देंगे। असली मज़ा तो तब आएगा।

no smoking

Country flag
But at a tactical level, ground launched 100-150 km anti-radiation missile does make sense, doesn’t it?

it should take care of LY-80 and then some.
The problem is how are you going to move your anti-radiation missile launcher within 150km range of enemy's radar. These radars are not deploying in the front, there are plenty of strike forces stationed to protect them.

The good chance is before this missile takes care of LY-80, itself will be taken care of by other enemy forces.

porky_kicker

Country flag

from 16,000ft or the proposed 26,000 ft, will it be able to find tanks, artillery, missiles batteries, enemy radars and foot soldiers from that height?

will it be able to provide fire corrections and guidance to our artillery fire from such height?

One must learn to crawl before one can attempt to run , there is always a progression to technology and capability.

I posted the pic of rustom long range eo pod and it's capabilities , refer to it and you will understand yourself

What is the need for male UAV to provide fire control for artillery , tactical UAVs are generally employed for such tasks . Artillery range is generally 40 km and off board sensors are within that range

If lasing is required why not provided a lasing unit is employed on it.

Karthi

Country flag

Balancing between Stealth and aerodynamics is a tedious job . It will take too much time , effort and resources . Going For a complex design in the first attempt will end up as Kaveri Engine . And moreover UaVs are not much survivable in battles it is more used in Peace time for surveillance , mapping etc . And we can use stealth coatings and materials for making Tapas stealthy if we want .

And for Artilleries small UAVs are there for sending co ordinates for launching an offensive , these small tactical UAVs are difficult to spot and are inherently stealthy . When we have cheap alternative why wasting our high end resources . And yes we can use our Tapas UAV in almost any roles by incorporating various sensors if needed. Everything depends on the needs of Military.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

But bro at ladakh region most of our assets are in higher altitude...also chineese assets too
26000ft is a basic requirement for higher altitudes
Bdw with its long range eo pod it can see a large area at higher altitude......and also in higher altitude it will be safe from enemy ground fire.......
Though to strike out enemy ground weapon it has to fly low.......for now rustom 2 is for

Reconnaissance

Tuco

Country flag
But bro at ladakh region most of our assets are in higher altitude...also chineese assets too
26000ft is a basic requirement for higher altitudes
Bdw with its long range eo pod it can see a large area at higher altitude......and also in higher altitude it will be safe from enemy ground fire.......
Though to strike out enemy ground weapon it has to fly low.......for now rustom 2 is for

Reconnaissance
May be something new may come out from HAL stable with their HTFE 25, quicker and built ground up for low altitude ops.

Bajirao

Country flag
Hard to predict but all rudram series missiles may ultimetly endup being anti-radiation and having dual pulse motor for targeting various type of emitting sources at varied range from 50 to 550 km.......that's iaf future doctorine,instead of fighting with high speed ad missiles first destory a big chunk of their radars,then use cheaper bombs for retail ground attack and another point is instead of defending against countless number of swarm drones,attack their control center using AR missile...probably that's why 3-4 AR missile in devlopment...

airtel

Country flag

Stealth is achieved mostly by the shape of Aircraft , so it is not possible to make tapas more stealthy without changing its entire design .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles