DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Any update about it's UCAV variant or any new programme?
A prototype of rustom2 will be fitted with 220hp engine s....
Present rustom2 flies with 180hp engine s
So I believe the 220hp engine variant will able to carry more payload but with reduced endurance.....so this will be the combat variant might be

Tuco

Country flag
Well I have always been crying about delays, but now looking at how our missile program has grown and is moving ahead in warp speed both in terms of reduced timelines and varieties I am confident that our UAV program will mature similarly.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I suspect it's user trial.....but can't confirm this
3 prototype are being tested with 20 flights each......total 60 flights
And I believe 3 prototype are one each for army navy and airforce (my speculation)
Yeah. Don't know about user trial but did fly in user configuration in 2018.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
A prototype of rustom2 will be fitted with 220hp engine s....
Present rustom2 flies with 180hp engine s
So I believe the 220hp engine variant will able to carry more payload but with reduced endurance.....so this will be the combat variant might be
AFAIK the indigenous engine being developed for Rustom - 2 was 180hp. Has the engine been uprated? One important update on the newest prototype (6A), compared to the the one that crashed (6) is 260kg of weight reduction plus more planned for future prototypes.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I was wrong regarding a single passive homing seeker . There are two seekers, one covering 1-10 ghz and the other covering 6-18 ghz .

But sifar I haven't seen any evidence of Rudram having a mmw seeker besides the passive homing head.

Rudram-1 NG-ARM-5.jpg

With minor guidance and control mods, Rudram-1 can be used in the anti AEW&C AWACS role.

Rudram 2 has two variants. 2 and 2A. One is an anti radiation missile . Both are air launched .

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I was wrong regarding a single passive homing seeker . There are two seekers, one covering 1-10 ghz and the other covering 6-18 ghz .

But sifar I haven't seen any evidence of Rudram having a mmw seeker besides the passive homing head.

View attachment 62282

With minor guidance and control mods, Rudram-1 can be used in the anti AEW&C AWACS role.

Rudram 2 has two variants. 2 and 2A. One is an anti radiation missile . Both are air launched .
Won't you need to add a two way data link to make it go A2A?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 62282

Or we can add these PHH in our existing or coming AAM to also use them for anti AWACS role.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I have not seen it...just heard about it....ok give me some time I will update you
Cad modelling of that uav was already done
Now electro magnetic analysis of that cad modelling will be done by a Pvt firm......
And I have not seen its cad modelling yet

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

View attachment 62282

The silver portion is the mmw seeker body which sits inside the PHH , the antenna of the mmw seeker in hidden inside the nose cone . Note the heads of the PHH visible on the circumference of the nose cone and body of the mmw seeker.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
This report says rustom2 was flown upto 16 hrs

This report says 8 hrs flight time with fuel for 1 hr left.......

Articles