DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Also I have pics of the indian automated ' special article ' handling and storage system.

I have seen similar systems with Americans ( in YouTube videos ) where ' articles ' are stored , sorted and handled remotely via automation to maintain security and secrecy .

But won't be posting those here for obvious reasons.

porky_kicker

Country flag
what truck is it based on....... doesnt look desi.........
Don't know , I have seen many carriers from lesser known indian companies being used.

The carrier does not matter , these systems are containerised and can be fitted onto any carrier provided it has the necessary tonnage.

I have noticed same systems appearing across multiple carriers be it Ashok Leyland , Tata , Eicher , MAN etc

Sometimes it is very confusing for identification of the system's being carried, hence I rarely take them into account.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What if tell you that the pic was labelled as interstage in the first place, which I had to remove.

Just for the sake of discussion

Given the functionality of an interstage and it's relatively small size compared to a regular stage why will it support propulsion systems extrinsic to it ie the propulsion system will be intrinsic to the interstage and limited within the interstage.

And as a interstage why will it have fuel lines that too with such huge diameter compared to the diameter of the casing itself given the limited scope of thrust generation available due to volume constraints of the interstage in the first place .

And regarding the 2 parallel configuration running horizontally , it serves the same purpose as that of 2 perpendicular configuration intersecting at the centre ( as posted in the pic given by you ) if one were to take cognizance of the geometrical shape of the holes which are tangential along the circumference ( It is difficult to visualise unless you know what you are looking for )

View attachment 37615

And look at the shape of the big hole on the interstage ( conversely exhaust of the retro motor ) and decide whether any thrust outflow will act perpendicularly or tangentially to the X axis ( direction of flight of missile ) ?

Pressure ( thrust ) differential due to geometric shaping is very prominent.

For the sake of clarity

View attachment 37616

If you were to hold this retro motor with its neck ( base of exhaust ) perpendicular to you and turn it on , would it push you back horizontally ?

Or would it try to push you tangentially in a radial axis ?

Hint note the shape of the exhaust is it circular ? or is elliptical with major axis elongated along a prominent direction ?

View attachment 37615

1. Also note the other holes in the interstage is circular and small, why ?

2. Also note the smaller circular holes on the interstage has screw holes 4 each , but the bigger holes don't have them why ?

The answer IMO is because the bigger holes get retro motors whose exhaust is flush and conformal to the outer surface of the interstage.

A pic below to give a general idea, motor shape will be different while exhaust shape will be more or less same.

View attachment 37616
Question is, why would you want to attach a rocket nozzle at such a inconvenient position?

bhramos

Country flag
Damn, glad they're getting more orders. They also get to improve the designs based on long term, real life conditions.
may be Israel could help some thing like this they use........
It has like this automated cover so it'll be protected against the elements and dirty paki snipers from shooting out its sensitive electronics .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles