DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
On the contrast, they will simply add India's ICBM into their target lists.
As if we aren't on their target list already.

Without MT warhead, the Agni-6 is basically meaningless for global range nuclear umbrella unless India wants to compete with Russia/US with numbers.
your whole MT argument is invalid because. most ICBMs use 200kt to 400kt MIRV device on board.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:
Seriously, how retarded you are. My colonial mindset? Can't you see how much China is bleeding these days? Why would you want to irk west so early.
Yes its colonial mindset to think west is some unstoppable force and we all just have to surrender otherwise they will bleed us.

least ley India catch up in the league of US, Russia & China.
We can never be in their league if we don't test Agni-6

China and NoKo tested when they had direct hostilities with west.

We also were facing similar situation since late 60s and 70s. Did we test at that time? Heck no. Case is different that we were working on one but technological limitations didn't allow us at that time.
I am not talking about past but present. Today we have capabilities. So why are we hiding it?

Being a member of MTCR doesn't make any difference. By violating HCoC, you'll listen to so many abuses.
Oh I heard this argument before. People like you where saying let us first be member of MTCR than we can test now you are saying HCoC rules!!! China is neither MTCR member or signatory of HCoC, no power in world has managed to stop Chinese from developing ICBM with TN warhead. Thats called iron will. The resolve to put national security above everything else. Rest is just cowardliness.

Testing an ICBM is demonstration of posture directly and not what you are thinking.
That is the point. Give direct message to US/UK clowns that we aren't afraid.

Entire world knows that India has enough techs to double the range of its Agni-5 by adding stages or bigger rocket motors.
Entire world also knows our political leadership is weak and afraid of everything. They know that one negative story on CNN/BBC and we will submit to their will.

Obviously, West will put his in same list as that of Russia, China & Iran.
They are standing against the most powerful war machine in history of mankind (US+NATO). This is bravery. They keep US generals awake at night. I would be glad to see India in that list. We can never be a global power by western boot licking.

Nobody tests missiles to score brownies in eyes of local public, but for requirements and geopolitical postures. If you think that space agencies and defense projects run for public image, you are too naive.
You must be reading too much propaganda to think such tests don't have any effect on local public. Or they are not used by govs around the world for reassuring their public.

Tell me why do you think pakistan conducted nuke test after India? Why NoKo forces their citizens to watch all missile tests? Why Iran parades missiles in streets?

I said no need to test any missile exceeding 10,000 kms range for next 10 years.
More cowardliness.:doh:

fyodor

Country flag
More cowardliness.:doh:
Can you shed some light on why India needs to conduct a 10000km+ missile test?
Genuine question.

In my view, we should aim for 7000km missiles operational readiness and also missiles with this range who can be launched from submarines. This will ensure India's capacity to wreak havoc on any possible challenger.

I don't see a point of 10,000km+ missile unless we want to strike the US. Those days when the US is our declared challenger is still far off. Yes, ultimately US is not our longterm ally and they will try to bring us down if India becomes too assertive.

Right now we should be shrewd and diplomatic and take whatever we can get from the West while improving our operational readiness. India can develop and test a 10000km+ missile within a period of 2 years if need be. And I consider this view to be also held in the Indian establishment.

Enquirer

View attachment 35668

Pretty interesting vehicle isn't it ?
I am pretty sure I have not seen a TEL like this before.

Interesting heavy duty grid cage which will have the tarpaulin to cover it , the cage will have to slide off completely or open up on either side from the vehicle inorder to expose the missile.

But previously TELs had collapsible tarpaulin covers and no grid cage.

Possibly this vehicle is for transportation of reload rounds. And if that's true there must be a reloading vehicle too.

@Chinmoy
@sayareakd
Reload of Agni missiles??
It’s not like these IRBMs are produced in the thousands, and require reloading in the field.
There are only few tens (maybe 100+ in all) that are produced. And each is permanently assigned it’s TEL.

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 35668

Pretty interesting vehicle isn't it ?
I am pretty sure I have not seen a TEL like this before.

Interesting heavy duty grid cage which will have the tarpaulin to cover it , the cage will have to slide off completely or open up on either side from the vehicle inorder to expose the missile.

But previously TELs had collapsible tarpaulin covers and no grid cage.

Possibly this vehicle is for transportation of reload rounds. And if that's true there must be a reloading vehicle too.

@Chinmoy
@sayareakd
I don't think its a TEL. I mean look at at he tractor ground clearance. It could be be a simple Transporter engaged in test site, only to transport the assembled Pencil from assembly building to testing ground.

Employing a train for that is not cost effective :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yes its colonial mindset to think west is some unstoppable force and we all just have to surrender otherwise they will bleed us.
Ignorance is never strength. We right now aren't in position to mess up with West unnecessarily.
What's the merit of fighting if you know that you'll lose it?
We'd be better one or two decades later and not now at all.
West is far more powerful at this moment and the one who denies it isn't brave but a blind idiot.
We can never be in their league if we don't test Agni-6
If one weapon symbolizes the league then every big country has its own league where it's the only one.
I am not talking about past but present. Today we have capabilities. So why are we hiding it?
Nobody is hiding.
If India doesn't test Agni-6 doesn't mean that India can't or rest doesn't know.

Lot of countries from East to West have it already. Testing weapon is direct intentional showcase of hostility. Useful only case India has direct hostilities with any nation beyond 10,000 kms of its frontiers.
Oh I heard this argument before. People like you where saying let us first be member of MTCR than we can test now you are saying HCoC rules!!! China is neither MTCR member or signatory of HCoC, no power in world has managed to stop Chinese from developing ICBM with TN warhead. Thats called iron will. The resolve to put national security above everything else. Rest is just cowardliness.
There is a gap between cowardiness and sanity. Hitting some ongoing stranger on street is insanity.

Iron will is needed to do something. Here, we have nothing to do. West isn't posing any big direct security challenge to India.
That is the point. Give direct message to US/UK clowns that we aren't afraid.
They aren't threatening us either. Do when they do.
Entire world also knows our political leadership is weak and afraid of everything. They know that one negative story on CNN/BBC and we will submit to their will.
Seriously, which world do you live in? Just not being hostile because we have no historically big threat is being weak?
They are standing against the most powerful war machine in history of mankind (US+NATO). This is bravery.
They are a communist state. So was Soviet Union and so is North Korea. Even Cambodia or even here communist party of India.
If CPI ever assumes power, India's posture will be same. But standing will be weak. Being against west doesn't make you powerful. China wasn't able to shake west because of being hostile. But because it's China. Size of China economically & militarily. Same case applies for USSR and firmly India.
North Korea can't do sh!t.

See, I'm not an advocate of west. But not idioted enough to assume anti westernism as trademark of power. I don't like them. But not obsessed with them either. So is Indian government.

A bit ago, I was hitting your SUPARCO BS. Wait, a bit ago I was arguing with some worshipper of democracy. Before that an idiot asking for dictatorship.

Why brainless chaps are getting accumulated on this forum?
I would be glad to see India in that list.
Say it straight. You don't have anything to do with India's interests security. You are speaking against west because you have an inferiority complex with them. This is called colonial mindset.

Fashionable
We can never be a global power by western boot licking.
We are bootlicking? Not by a mile.

But as for China, you know nothing how much China used to suck on them. This same China was almost turning their pet amid hostilities from & later collapse of USSR.
It's lately that China gained this position to have a stance.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
your whole MT argument is invalid because. most ICBMs use 200kt to 400kt MIRV device on board.
:doh:
There are 2 things you missed:
1. India's H-bomb design test wasn't very successful in 1998 (someone said it was a merely a enhanced A-bomb). If it was a H-bomb design, then it is very doubtful about the any 200kt to 400kt small RV based on the revised design which has never been fully tested; If it was an enhanced a-bomb, the price of such bomb will be roughly 5-10 times more expensive than the H-bomb of the same scale of destructivity, I don't think India would like to compete with the numbers at such a high unit price.
2. The reason that most ICBMs are equipped MIRV because the 2 nuclear superpowers (Russia and USA) have over thousands of launch vehicles and the production capacity to double that figure within months. Unless India has the similar scale of nuclear force, concentrate 125-150 warheads onto fewer rockets will only make Indian targets more vulnerable. That is why Chinese only started deploying MIRV couple of years ago even though they have such tech for decades.

no smoking

Country flag
Can you shed some light on why India needs to conduct a 10000km+ missile test?
.....in the Indian establishment.
Actually, from political, technical point of view, India should start developing such a range of missile.

Politically, India is enjoying the best international environment now: US and her allies are focusing on China. They won't do much to such a test. Once they settle the dispute, no matter who win and who lose, both US and China will come to India ocean. At that time, the risk that India faces will be much higher.

Technologically, such a range will require a full range test which means the test need to be done remotely from India coast. Current international situation will minimize the foreign disturbance to the test.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
There are 2 things you missed:
1. India's H-bomb design test wasn't very successful in 1998 (someone said it was a merely a enhanced A-bomb). If it was a H-bomb design, then it is very doubtful about the any 200kt to 400kt small RV based on the revised design which has never been fully tested; If it was an enhanced a-bomb, the price of such bomb will be roughly 5-10 times more expensive than the H-bomb of the same scale of destructivity, I don't think India would like to compete with the numbers at such a high unit price.
2. The reason that most ICBMs are equipped MIRV because the 2 nuclear superpowers (Russia and USA) have over thousands of launch vehicles and the production capacity to double that figure within months. Unless India has the similar scale of nuclear force, concentrate 125-150 warheads onto fewer rockets will only make Indian targets more vulnerable. That is why Chinese only started deploying MIRV couple of years ago even though they have such tech for decades.
Still MT argument is invalid. We can still have ICBMs with >100kt warheads (NoKo style:cool1:)

IMO we should go Iranian way. First develop missile then work on warhead.

After Agni 6 its only logical to test Nuclear warheads in various configurations, From 50KT to 10MT. We need at least 15 to 20 more nuclear tests for design validation.

Of course none of this can happen as long as we suffer from our slave mentality. The fear of white man's rejection. Pathetic.:mad2:

Actually, from political, technical point of view, India should start developing such a range of missile.

Politically, India is enjoying the best international environment now: US and her allies are focusing on China. They won't do much to such a test. Once they settle the dispute, no matter who win and who lose, both US and China will come to India ocean. At that time, the risk that India faces will be much higher.

Technologically, such a range will require a full range test which means the test need to be done remotely from India coast. Current international situation will minimize the foreign disturbance to the test.
Its not about environment. Its lack of courage. :facepalm:

Remember war never waits or favorable time. You have to be prepared at all times. A simple trade war or a crazy president in US is all thats needed for western hostility against India. Never forget 1971. History could repeat itself and this time we don't have Soviet Union to protect us.

We right now aren't in position to mess up with West unnecessarily.

We'd be better one or two decades later and not now at all.
West is far more powerful at this moment and the one who denies it isn't brave but a blind idiot.

See, I'm not an advocate of west. But not idioted enough to assume anti westernism as trademark of power. I don't like them. But not obsessed with them either. So is Indian government.

Say it straight. You don't have anything to do with India's interests security. You are speaking against west because you have an inferiority complex with them. This is called colonial mindset.
A lot of:blah::blah::blah:

So by your logic west (US) has full right to develop missiles that can hit any part of India and that is fair game but If India developed same capability then its raising hostility.? And if we take a stand against this injustice then we are idiots?

:bs:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Still MT argument is invalid. We can still have ICBMs with >100kt warheads (NoKo style:cool1:)
Those in small numbers are useless.

Countries like NoKo and Pakistan have flawed doctrines based on nuclear bluffs.
IMO we should go Iranian way. First develop missile then work on warhead.
We have come long way ahead from them. Not only in testing and experience but with other aspects of nuclear technology that aren't banned.
After Agni 6 its only logical to test Nuclear warheads in various configurations, From 50KT to 10MT. We need at least 15 to 20 more nuclear tests for design validation.
Better with cold testing than actual.
Of course none of this can happen as long as we suffer from our slave mentality. The fear of white man's rejection. Pathetic.:mad2:
We don't have anything to do with white man's rejection. Sanctions will slowdown our economic rise which is ultimate base of all sort of advances.
Be it with different types of reactors, fissile material or allied R&D.
Its not about environment. Its lack of courage. :facepalm:
There's a difference between courage and stupidity. This would be courage only by paki or noko definition.
India has shown courage when and where needed.
Remember war never waits or favorable time.
But tensions that lead to war consume time to be formed.
You have to be prepared at all times.
India operates a war ready military. The lecture is better needed for countries like Germany.
A simple trade war or a crazy president in US is all thats needed for western hostility against India.
Things are not that simple. Even those tensions need time.
And an ICBM has nothing to do with trade war. India has responded to west with nice economic punishments whenever attacked. Recently, sold their $15 billions bonds.
Never forget 1971. History could repeat itself and this time we don't have Soviet Union to protect us.
India of 2019 is far far more powerful than that of 1971. It can give unacceptable damage to any great power.

And even if India hadn't tested a global range ICBM just before war, that doesn't mean India will fail to use it during war if needed. Technology is matured.
A lot of:blah::blah::blah:
What you aren't capable of refuting logically. Because you have no logic.
So by your logic west (US) has full right to develop missiles that can hit any part of India and that is fair game but If India developed same capability then its raising hostility.?
Enemies of US (Russia & Japan) are stretched till corners of world. That's why it doesn't make the test India specific.

Even Agni-V can hit a large part of Europe. But European Union acted positively to its test. That's called reasoning.
And if we take a stand against this injustice then we are idiots?
It's only you who is an idiot. We don't make things to compete with others. We didn't fear for sanctions and we went for many things we wanted needed without any fear of sanctions.
Just because others have it, isn't source of our aspirations. That's about what we want and need.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think the whole question is much simpler .can we get away with 10000-12k missile test?

If the answer is yes then we should do it.

What are the practical consequences of an Indian 10-12K missile test?

West has no military option against India it will be economic sanctions and tech denial?

What kind of sanctions and how severe is the question now? As severe as Russia faced for annexing cremia ? I don't think so as Russia is old nemesis and land grab is more disturbing then missile test.

When was the last time a 3 trillion economy was sanctioned.( I don't recall any precedence) ?
What was the impact on Global economy?

Last I checked very severe sanctions on Russian 1.5 trillion economy only had moderate effect.

In 1998 nuke test sanction couldn't stop economic growth when India was a mere 300-400 billion economy. How will they affect a 10 times bigger mega economy?

Who will join sanctions ? France and Russia probably won't as they will win big defense deals in case India USA are cold again.

How far will USA go against India given rising China and an antagonist Europe which wants military neutrality?

All in all I think india will get away with mild sanctions . We might loose 1-2 percentage points of GDP growth for a year or two untill normalisation sets in again. But we won't loose alone USA will also loose a strategic partner as well as Asian quad and any hope to contain / restrict China not to mention economic opportunity in India will be restricted for USA.
Forget those defense deals and nuclear reactors.

Anyway we flip the coin it will land on side of India.

But I think we will chose slow and pragmatic path of quietly launching an 10-12k slbm claiming complete deterrence against China from anywhere to pacify the west . France will support us. UK will huff and puff in media but will work to sell something privately. Germany will use so many words that no one will read. Australian will count days to apocalypse but will emphasize on quads. USA will warn of international orders etc but understand Indian need to deter Chinese nuclear threat from anywhere .

Once slbm is operational we will quietly introducing a land version of it. And everyone will live together peacefully forever just like a perfect movie.( Only Pakistan may or may not exist. I won't guarantee anything .)

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
HEAT ABHYAS............

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
NEW DELHI: Weeks after the Balakot air strikes, the government decided to fast-track integration of the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile on over 40 Sukhoi fighter jets, a closely guarded strategic project aimed at bolstering combat capability of the Indian Air Force, official sources said on Sunday.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
The prototype has give good results and based on it we might see a deep sea blue laser based communication system coming up within the next 10 years if everything goes alright.
It will allow communication between submarines and sub surface platforms, aerial platforms including satellites at LEO orbits
Can it replace ELF facilities currently in place? Can it communicate to depths of ~300 m? ELF is slow, unidirectional and also harmful to marine biosphere. What kind of data speeds does this system give?

For which missile I wonder

View attachment 35111
Akash Mk1/Mk1S?

Last edited:

proud_indian

Country flag
He says it’s supersonic but also says that the max speed is 180m/s!!!!
To be supersonic the speed has to be about twice that value!!!
Is Banshee Supersonic?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can it replace ELF facilities currently in place? Can it communicate to depths of ~300 m? ELF is slow, unidirectional and also harmful to marine biosphere. What kind of data speeds does this system give?
Blue Laser can't replace ELF neither it is meant to be. Both of the system has their own Pros and Cons.

Pros of ELF is the distance it could cover which is theoretically the whole globe.
Cons of ELF is that, it being a low frequency system can't carry much data for transmission.

Pros of Blue Laser is that it could carry a huge amount of data upto its limit.
Cons of Blue Laser is that while traveling great distance, it is bounded by rules of physics and hence do have a limited coverage.

Generally when a submarine is submerged, it carries along with it a towed transceiver which is connected thru cable to the hull and towed some miles behind it for communication. The job of this transceiver is to transmit and receive emergency messages in form of codes. Based on these messages the sub comes up to the transmission depth and detailed instructions are transmitted thru secure satellite link.
With ELF you just get the benefit of not towing a surface transceiver. But the overall operation of data and message transmission remains same.

With Blue Laser tech, the sub could carry out a secure transmission while remaining submerged with help of any surface ship which acts as relay point in between the sub and satellite or base station. Have a look at the picture.

srep40480-f1.jpg

So you could see how Blue Laser typically works. The biggest benefit of the tech is that the Sub could transmit and receive huge mission critical data while remaining submerged and hidden.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Another interesting picture , though old

View attachment 35747

The article and its launch mechanism is not shown.

The interesting question is for which missile ?

I don't think it is for Agni series including the Agni 1P. Nor is it for Prithvi series.

So which missile ? Shaurya ?
The trailer setup is not just for missiles. It was also used as field operation command and hospital unit. This kind of mobile setup could still be seen now a days, but those are real compact.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles