DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Haldiram

Country flag
Everything whatever is happening here is not good.
Ganging up and then collective abuses like transgenders is the worst behaviour..

Can'not make a blacksmith level rifle and claim themselves to be Scientist .... want to sell Arjun and all rotten stuff by intimidation ?.
No one is trying to force the Army to fight with hands tied at the back, but abhi kar toh li import Sig Sauer, M777, ATHOS, AK103, Tavor, Samsung K9. The babus have taken a step in good faith and given in to import demands on a priority basis for immediate security requirements, why not the Army take one step and meet the babus in the middle for long term security requirements? Pretty sure, if the Army co-operates with the babus, India could have a robust manufacturing base by the end of the decade.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
Great, fucking great!!So according to you, just because that particular member has supposedly 'served with our boys and knows things for real' , he should be allowed to go scott free with anything and everything he says or does to others no matter how vile or abusive he may be in his conduct??!!There has to be a limit to this jo huzuri and hero worship, man!!
Listen boi ,nobody is doing Ji Huzoori here. And no one is here to bash anyone,for dat matter even our adversaries.We all find solace in learning new things,that's wat make us enthusiasts-our appetite for knowledge. I was only emphasising the fact dat one shd exercise their right to speech in a constructive manner. If u feel anyone's speakin rudely,do kindly request them to change their tone. And we have right to abuse our Generals and Veterans,free country macha. But,there has to be boundaries vis-a-vis conversations. Think of it like our own MCC. Do we abuse or do we give a pass?It is all down to ethics.
Abusing someone doesn't help achieve shit.
Take the help from Mods if u find the thread's goin nuts.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You never hear any actual concerns being raised about any valid issue,
Given that one starts abusing ?
like Arjun's armour design flaws & low APFSDS penetration... because those are solvable problems.
Those issues were never raised by these all knowing scientist. It appears they are teaching them how to abuse - no science.
Just the weight, as that can't be helped... And it's the same for ATAGS. They want 6-rounds, longer range & when weight is increased due to it they use that.

It's DRDOs fault really to not have understood the game by now... should have started keeping extra funds for kickbacks.
Who told them that there should be a six round magazine. Who wanted that extra range, such heavy chamber and heavy gun. They did it as one upmanship and screwed the gun.

If they buy the orders, the profit margin would be lower, but a PSU shouldn't prioritise profit margin...
Where is the problem ? It has been decided they they will get orders for 150. But these guys have suddenly turned economists,
ATGS is the costliest gun amongst all. Why should anyone order 1000 and land up in jail ?

I say again - this is not Arjun thread.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
What be the point??Apparently that 'valuable asset' of yours is completely impervious to constructive criticisms.
I have only one thing to say.
Come to Arjun Thread and feel free to discuss wateva u want. On one hand u are saying u value constructive criticism and on the other hand u disagree to approach the Mods. Wat am I supposed to say now?
U ARE ON THE WRONG THREAD.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Why discuss Arjun here when a thread exist for the same. Sell Arjun to CAG. I am sure no one will have any objection. With the cost of ane Arjun India can buy two T-90. One has to be mad to buy Arjun.

Look at your culture and state of discipline, sense of responsibility and self control.
No one is telling you guys anything and you are just continuing with the Dharna and Narebaaji..

Have you gone through RFI for 155 Gun System? ya Baap ki dukaan hai?
AND what was THE RFI for it, you want it or are you going to present it?YOUR ANSWER will itself come.
BAAP KI DUKAN?
Nahi baap ki tax money jo COAL INDIA MEIN KAAM KAR KAR karke TUMLOG KO DIYA HAI NA USKA JAWAAB MAANG RAHA HUN.
DON'T TALK RIDICULOUSLY @Bhadra.
Apne ghar mein bhaithke pankhe ke niche jo bhaukh rahe Hoge na, woh bahut saare aadmiyon ke KAAM se aata hai.
Pura Hak Banta hai puchne ka mujhe ki tum log DALAALI KAR RAHE HO KI NAHIN.
Yahan par Kaun kisko gaali aur screwing ki baat kar raha hai woh sabko dikh raha hai.
AUR MAIN KISI DEFENCE PSU MEIN NAHI HOON............... So don't go in there.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
the asking, plan for ATAGS was for 12 tons of weight and 60 km of range

ATAGS2.jpg

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
AND what was THE RFI for it, you want it or are you going to present it?YOUR ANSWER will itself come.
BAAP KI DUKAN?
Nahi baap ki tax money jo COAL INDIA MEIN KAAM KAR KAR karke TUMLOG KO DIYA HAI NA USKA JAWAAB MAANG RAHA HUN.
DON'T TALK RIDICULOUSLY @Bhadra.
Apne ghar mein bhaithke pankhe ke niche jo bhaukh rahe Hoge na, woh bahut saare aadmiyon ke KAAM se aata hai.
Pura Hak Banta hai puchne ka mujhe ki tum log DALAALI KAR RAHE HO KI NAHIN.
Yahan par Kaun kisko gaali aur screwing ki baat kar raha hai woh sabko dikh raha hai.
AUR MAIN KISI DEFENCE PSU MEIN NAHI HOON............... So don't go in there.
Not here.. Not here ... Go to Arjun thread.
Coal India ... I have a lot of regards.... for the monopoly and 60 years ols burning fields.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Not here.. Not here ... Go to Arjun thread.
Coal India ... I have a lot of regards.... for the monopoly and 60 years ols burning fields.
Ya, and now also they are giving you electricity.
So shut up.
Aur atags aur dhanush ki debate chali hai, SARCASM KAR RAHE HO KAAAAA.
MONOPOLY, your army brass is also a different type of monopoly.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Thankyou,IS YOUR ATHOS "OH MY GOD GUN" is offering that?
If it is not then why you people want to invest money on that gun?
Athos is not my Guns but Baba Kalyani will make it in collaboration with Elbit of Israel.

It is 12 ton gun and much cheaper than ATAGS .

I do not know where is the fight - "my gun is longer than yours" boys.

No amount of abuses, propaganda, collective hooliganism can reduce the weight of gun from 15 tons to 12 tons,

So be it.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Athos is not my Guns but Baba Kalyani will make it in collaboration with Elbit of Israel.

It is 12 ton gun and much cheaper than ATAGS .

I do not know where is the fight - "my gun is longer than yours" boys.

No amount of abuses, propaganda, collective hooliganism can reduce the weight of gun from 15 tons to 12 tons,

So be it.
Also ATAGS range is more than 45 kms with base charge and 6 rounds rapid fire that your OH MY GOD GUN CANNOT OFFER.
150 order is being compared with 500 order.
And if you are saying that 150 is not the FINAL order of ATAGS and gun is still in development
Then how it is the final cost of the gun?
Apne words ko apne aap hi Kat TE ho kya.
You yourself are giving abuses.
No hooligan words are coming from my part.

Last edited:

sthf

Country flag
the asking, plan for ATAGS was for 12 tons of weight and 60 km of range

View attachment 34536
Is there a particular example or template for DRDO to follow?

I mean I don't know any towed howitzers with the weight of 12 tons and 60 km range. If you do, I'll be happy to be corrected.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Is there a particular example or template for DRDO to follow?
RFP and GSQR would be there which I have not been able to find.

mean I don't know any towed howitzers with the weight of 12 tons and 60 km range. If you do, I'll be happy to be corrected.
I thought RFP would have specified the weight, the requirement of Howitzers to be towed to mountains and cross country etc. If lowest weight is 12 tons highest is 60 as per you IA would have certainly indicated weight as no one would wish to ask for 60 tons of weight? I have not been able to lay my hands on EFP but if you have one then tell us. The question here is comparision between Dhanus, ATHOS and ATAGS.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
However, i place a slide below (from Trishule) which did not show the planned weight for the Howitzer in initial days. In another slide Magazine was indicated as 3 rounds and chamber 12 ltrs.

ATAGS3.jpg
:

Last edited:

sthf

Country flag
RFP and GSQR would be there which I have not been able to find.

I thought RFP would have specified the weight, the requirement of Howitzers to be towed to mountains and cross country etc. If lowest weight is 12 tons highest is 60 as per you IA would have certainly indicated weight as no one would wish to ask for 60 tons of weight? I have not been able to lay my hands on EFP but if you have one then tell us. The question here is comparision between Dhanus, ATHOS and ATAGS.
Out of nearly 200 countries and several dozen prominent defence contractors, which one of them have managed to make a towed howitzer with APU that weighs 12 tons and can fire a 155 mm round out to 60 km.

If you know one please share.

Any comparison between ATHOS and any other gun is futile unless atleast one of them satisfies IA's requirements, unless IA specified in RFP that winner will be one who is the closest.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Out of nearly 200 countries and several dozen prominent defence contractors, which one of them have managed to make a towed howitzer with APU that weighs 12 tons and can fire a 155 mm round out to 60 km.

If you know one please share.
Do not ask questions. Rather show me RFI / RFP which would have laid down that APU is mandatory. And if so Dhanush and ATHOS been ordered ?

Any comparison between ATHOS and any other gun is futile unless atleast one of them satisfies IA's requirements, unless IA specified in RFP that winner will be one who is the closest.
and before that the guns have been ordered.
And tell me why trials were conducted on those guns if APU was mandatory ?
Tomorrow you may turn around and say 60 km range was also asked for which no gun in the world fires.
Then again you may ask me that there are guns with 60 ltr chambers so 25 ltr is alright.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles