DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I have started feeling that most you you guys are Babus in OFB or DRDO who know nothing but discuss like trade union and gangsters ... lay down national policies, strategy and dictate tactics, gloat over pretty things and come to give your frustration.

Make use of anonymity of web and write down some filth, then feel satisfied with that.

Look where have you all taken the thread to? What are we discussing in last ten pages ?

Baba Ji Ka Thulu...
I also think sir YOUR DEFENCE PROFESSIONALS TAG does not give you moral right OVER THE ONES WHO ARE ACTUALLY WORKING ON THE Guns(that include army as well as government and industry guys and madams).
This last ten pages DISCUSSION end you want.....

OK
FINAL VERDICT: THERE IS NO NEED FOR INDUCTION OF ATHOS "OH MY GOD" GUN.
BECUASE DHANUSH AND ATAGS CAN FULFILL THE ORDERS.
DEVELOPMENT IS NOT A "ONCE IN A LIFETIME THING" IT HAPPENS IN A PHASE manner monthly and yearly.THIS does not mean you stop the induction and wait and THEN TAKE THE MOMENT TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS.
No successful weapon in the world is made like that.
GIVING 114 GUN ORDER TO A GUN THAT HAS PASSED LENGTHY TRIALS IN THE HOPE OF FILLING HUGE NUMBERS is not good for future entrants whether private or PUBLIC, your friends are not making good example for themselves.

EVEN SWARGWAAS FORMER DEFENCE MINISTER shri manohar parrikar sir said" SOMETIME ARMED FORCES REQUIREMENTS ARE LIKE OF STAR WARS WEAPONS" you know to WHOM HE WAS SAYING.
And he said this,if you want to find it, find it in DFI only you will get that.
Regards.

Bhadra

Country flag
Yes sir but still ATAGS has performed satisfactorily in trials, I just want to relate it to f-35 everybody know this plane has problem(still) but has not stopped it from getting inducted.
Certainly, ARMY HAS AGAIN DONE IT'S famous maneuver or THE TRIALS WERE NOT SATISFACTORY(media is stupid, because they reported trials were successful).
Where have you got it from ?
As per reports trials were successful and in the next DAC meeting order for 150 ATAGS will be given.
Why are you imagining things??

HERE we need trusted source.
I am not the one.
I am only a member here like anyone else. I am also not like BABABANARAS.
I have not asked for any tag. In fact that tag has become a problem for me as I have to deal with prejudices from "Go".. I amy ask moderator to remove it.
By that thing IT'S PREDECESSOR on which exact copy it is build Bofors is HELL LOT PROVEN SIR.
Changing barrel and adding latest technology does not mean you must not induct.
Army did not want Bofors which is 155/39. Army wants a standardised 155/52 beside all other modern upgrades to 155 Howitzers. Dhanus is only a cojoling for DRDO who held on to TOT for 30 years and did nothing. So they were told by MoD to earn some of their bread. 150 guns for them is good enough for next 4-5 years.

"THIS UNPROVEN DESIGN" is not good logic according to me and our army also I do know certainly does not believe in this otherwise no ATAGS development would had started.
And I am not satisfied with your "proven gun" logic.
Sorry. :)
Till the time the Army carries out the trials, fires with it and the gun fire under some real situations, all designs are unproven. Even ATIHOS has to meet those conditions. Javalin and Spike were rejected in spite of being proven.

Secondly, no one should expect orders in thousands. All orders will come in trenches so that with passages of time, changes could be made and upgrades incorporated - something like F-35 as you said.

Whatever, I say here could be utter nonsense. I am no where connected with the procurement or technical aspects. Do not belong to artillery... I am discussing things as a member of DFI.

We are only discussing weight of the ATAGS gun which could very well be accepted to the Army.
Do not go by my words.
I have posed academic / hypothetical questions for a discussion only...

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
This is patently FALSE. In the Army's own trials Arjun outgunned and out performed T90. So on what basis are you saying it will be a dud in battle. Agree that it may be little overweight but that doesn't mean its a dud in battle !
you patently forgot the cost ?
And which battle has it fought? Guli Dunda ?

Advaidhya Tiwari

DRDO was told to develop a 4 man crew Medium tank under 60 tons.
If it was not possible, DRDO should have refused to make it.
DRDO actually put objection. But it cant refuse as the request is to "try" and then get the best done.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
You're an idiot beyond common belief!!
You lack of basic commonsense is as astonishing as it is hurtful!
If the top tanks in the world (with similar feature set) are in the 62-65 ton range, then how do you expect a first time tank maker to magically supersede??
Arjun is indeed one of the best in its class of tanks!

When US (that actually has to ship or airlift the tanks) can deploy it all over the world, surely IA too can! The initial rona-dona of IA's tactical bridges not supporting the weight was solved quite easily - by designing stronger bridges! No nutjob discards an assault rifle because the strap available is too weak - just get a stronger strap!!!!
Sell it USA ... after all they buy a lot of Indian techie stuff.
Indian Army ne theka liya hai kya?

Enquirer

Tujhe discussion karna hai ya meri soongega ?
Mein teri keh ke loonga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion forum where folks present reasonable/rational ideas (even if they may be proven incorrect later) and others comment on them. You're perpetually throwing up shit on the wall to see what sticks or are desperately seeking attention! Worse, your dishonesty is perverse!

Bhadra

Country flag
DRDO actually put objection. But it cant refuse as the request if to "try" and then get the best done.
Four men crew is prefered option in half of the tanks and Armies the world over.
The reason are :

* Distribution of duties.
* Sense of Isolation.
* Requirement of ground guidence in constricted terrain and when close to own troop.
* Mainatainance
* Recovery - particularly recovery and repairs of tracks in field.
In a country like India where manpower is no constraint four man crew is preferred.

By the way there is a seperate thread for Arjun.

Enquirer

In your irresticeable itch on your posterior, you have started casting aspiration on Indian Army!

That speaks volumes about your itch.

There is a seperate thread on Arjun go and get laid there.
For those who think IA is infallible, I have a bridge to sell them!

Bhadra

Country flag
Where ever you copied that from........it is the first sensible thing you said in a long while..............
You are giving me a "gotra" certificate? I do not need it from you.
Go and wash your backside in Arjun thread.

Bhadra

Country flag
Mein teri keh ke loonga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion forum where folks present reasonable/rational ideas (even if they may be proven incorrect later) and others comment on them. You're perpetually throwing up shit on the wall to see what sticks or are desperately seeking attention! Worse, your dishonesty is perverse!
Lene layak hai bhi.... mujhe nahin lagata ........................... ?

Bhadra

Country flag
DRDO actually put objection. But it cant refuse as the request is to "try" and then get the best done.
It is the mission of DRDO to invent. It is not their mission to accept and force user .

This is not the mission of Indian Army to be a captive market of DRDO / OFB ?

Baat khatam..

Bhadra

Country flag
Sure it's water under the bridge. Just educating some illiterate folks on the forum (like those who think Dhanush, ATAGS are 145 & 152 caliber)!!!
I shall make Dhanush 139 and 152 specially for you ... you know what ?? You need that long.

Bhadra

Country flag
Can't!
If nonsense goes uncorrected, innumerable folks will take that nonsense as fact. Sometimes its a civic duty one has to perform.........calling BS as BS
I have all the time, energy and resources to deal with dirt like you..
I am a game... continue.... till you or me are banned.
But people know me for last 15 years ...
I am the last to take such filth from a street urchin like you.

Enquirer

I have all the time, energy and resources to deal with dirt like you..
I am a game... continue.... till you or me are banned.
But people know me for last 15 years ...
I am the last to take such filth from a street urchin like you.
It doesn't seem like people here like you that much :)

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
It doesn't seem like people here like you that much :)
I think sir you can stop, we have already came to the conclusion that ARJUN is good, CAG did their famous report on it too years earlier.
WHEN ARJUN MK-1A was coming around in 2011 as a project, I was screaming don't add Era weight will increase, don't add MINE PLOUGH weight will increase but no at that time this miraculously fell into deaf ears.
WE all know ATAGS is great too, we all know why it's weight is there even the so called M 777 ON WHICH our army is doodling is essentially a manual feed gun.
Neither ATHOS has features of ATAGS and capability to hit more KMS.
So weight will increase. (it is not anti-matter)
But that's not A STICKING POINT FOR not induction.
"Becuase when ATAGS was started no where it was written it must be below certain weight otherwise it will not be chosen, WEIGHT WAS NOT THE PRIMARY CRITERIA".
Had it been that case here in DFI it certainly would had been raised, when ATAGS project was coming around.
Some members don't want to look at what ATAGS has got but like ARJUN fiasco has again made WEIGHT a issue.
WE will not fall for it again,because we all know through in our previous discussions what ATAGS is capable of.
So sir, we know who is at fault,you can rest assured on that.
This is not discussion now discussions were long over,it is debate now.

Blood+

Country flag
I think sir you can stop, we have already came to the conclusion that ARJUN is good, CAG did their famous report on it too years earlier.
WHEN ARJUN MK-1A was coming around in 2011 as a project, I was screaming don't add Era weight will increase, don't add MINE PLOUGH weight will increase but no at that time this miraculously fell into deaf ears.
WE all know ATAGS is great too, we all know why it's weight is there even the so called M 777 ON WHICH our army is doodling is essentially a manual feed gun.
"Becuase when ATAGS was started no where it was written it must be below certain weight otherwise it will not be chosen, WEIGHT WAS NOT THE PRIMARY CRITERIA".
Had it been that case here in DFI it certainly would had been raised, when ATAGS project was coming around.
Some members don't want to look at what ATAGS has got but like ARJUN fiasco has again made WEIGHT a issue.
WE will not fall for it again,because we all know through in our previous discussions what ATAGS is capable of.
Look, there are some glaring flaws in the present iterations of the Arjun MBT which we can not and should not overlook but saying that, those are nothing which couldn't have been rectified had the Army top brass actually knew its shit.But instead, it's filled with fuckking nincompoops like one we've have got here.I'm quite certain they couldn't even detect the weak points in the design, let alone advising the designers on ways to rectify them.

Bhadra

Country flag
Why discuss Arjun here when a thread exist for the same. Sell Arjun to CAG. I am sure no one will have any objection. With the cost of ane Arjun India can buy two T-90. One has to be mad to buy Arjun.

Look at your culture and state of discipline, sense of responsibility and self control.
No one is telling you guys anything and you are just continuing with the Dharna and Narebaaji..

Have you gone through RFI for 155 Gun System? ya Baap ki dukaan hai?

Bhadra

Country flag
Don't say like that man, it's not good. You're representing an organization. @Mikesingh has been here since so many years, he's such a cool representative of the armed forces.
Everything whatever is happening here is not good.
Ganging up and then collective abuses like transgenders is the worst behaviour..

Can'not make a blacksmith level rifle and claim themselves to be Scientist .... want to sell Arjun and all rotten stuff by intimidation ?.

Advaidhya Tiwari

I request people here not to call names and fight. It is also unfair to target @Bhadra just because he has the tag of being a veteran. We must consider him as just another member and discuss. In this forum it does not matter if he is veteran or not. We have a level playing field on this forum

Articles