DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Nice.... really nice. This will be helpful to launch heavier drones without runway.

Only problem is when it will be inducted!!! Can Rajnath Singh make sure its inducted on time?
if the past trends holds true, there will be a land based technology demonstrator phase in between.
so basically atleast a decade away, subject to many go-nogo decisions in between.

something the same lines of INS Hansa
1708586970592.png

Azaad

Country flag
if the past trends holds true, there will be a land based technology demonstrator phase in between.
so basically atleast a decade away, subject to many go-nogo decisions in between.

View attachment 241533
It's more to do with navalising the Ghatak before moving on to bigger fish to fry like 5th Gen FA or maybe the TEDBF to go on 60,000 Ton Aircraft Carriers due to make an appearance next decade.

In the meanwhile , they'd begin such experimentation on the INS Vikramaditya which in any case is sub par in terms of performance & endurance & will be assigned training duties once its replacement is made available.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Missile + tax
Launcher + tax
Service + tax

So 100 crore per missile including profit margin.
Dude brahmos without warhead costs 24 crore. When misfired missile which went in al-bakistan our officers were fired. they went in supreme court and during that mess. this number came.
So how can with tax it's cost can go 3-3.5X ?

I think it is new 800km range missile.
It must include whole maintainance of missiles, canisters every other possible thing regarding brahmos missile.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
Dude brahmos without warhead costs 24 crore. When misfired missile which went in al-bakistan our officers were fired. they went in supreme court and during that mess. this number came.
So how can with tax it's cost can go 3-3.5X ?

I think it is new 800km range missile.
It must include whole maintainance of missiles, canisters every other possible thing regarding brahmos missile.
Even then, it seems way too overpriced.

Covfefe

Country flag
It could be a comprehensive contract for maintenance of inventory, mating the missile to Naval warship, replacing the warheads of older missiles in the inventory where rest of the components are still working

Bhai headline se itna detailed assumption kyun nikal lete log? Public procurement mein chairs khareedne ka bhi contract runs into scores of pages, what makes you think they'll just handover 3 billion dollars like that. Agar corruption kiya bhi ho to aap headline se kabhi nahi pakad paoge. So, chill

raju1982

Country flag

View attachment 241533
As we can see, the EMAL is on a land based truck so i guess this is not for naval aircraft carrier but land based launch of mid sized UCAVs. Specially for army which do not have any runway.

But ofcourse the same can be used as base for carrier EMAL.

Last edited:

raju1982

Country flag
Something is very off here. How the fuck is 1 missile this expensive? Either the russians are fleecing us big time, or there is large scale procurement corruption ongoing, or the numbers quoted are off.
I also thought so, i guess we are missing something. 100 crore per missile after mass order!!! :shock: I do mot thinl evem Zircon costs that much.

If we use a 100 crore worth missile to destroy porky 10000/- thn Lord Shiva save us.. :lol:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
As all the projects like Rustom, Tapas, Nirbhay failed, now ADE playing the name game to confuse the enemy. lol :lol:
I asked he said just Archer now I don't wanna say anything that drone project has been going on for forever and still no results

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Bas itna hi dekhna reh gya tha , general dynamics is coming to India to finalise specific requirements of india ,.That shitty striker costs 45 crore almost double the cost of kestral.. it doesn't have amphibious capabilities they will give us with some modifications to become eligible for that and then suffer with problems.
Why are they even going for striker bc inki m k cht badhve kestral ka mass production bhi chalu ho gya 27 induct bhi karliye lekin Inko bc striker chahiye..
I have no hopes left literally our beurocracy and forces's policy makers have failed us..
We should have not even engaged with them to work on striker to make it as per indias specific needs but we are doing it they want to import that.. we suck everywhere..

This is why private Industries won't invest in projects like amca. BC

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles