DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
That is why I don't like idea of BRAHMOS NG insisted I support similar missile from DRDO
Can you share details about brahmos land based AShM
BRAHMOS was a good learning experience. We learned a lot from the project and gained too. But irony is, a venture of DRDO has basically killed another DRDO product in its nascent stage. Just waiting for LFRJ to come up fast.

All details of BRAHMOS AShM are there in open media.

johnj

All details of BRAHMOS AShM are there in open media.
I know, can you post it, when u r free
BRAHMOS was a good learning experience. We learned a lot from the project and gained too. But irony is, a venture of DRDO has basically killed another DRDO product in its nascent stage. Just waiting for LFRJ to come up fast.
True

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
French are notorious for their failed promises.
I say KAVERI is the future. No Safran nor Rolls Royce. We have come this far with Kaveri, we need to improvise a little more. What we need to understand is that Jet engine is a very critical type of technology and no country is going to give it, no matter what.

I am not confident that the French are going to be ready to part away with their engine technology, the deal with Safran might simply involve screwdriver-giri like, they may let us manufacture some of the engine parts but the core tech which our scientists need will not be shared. Same with UK's RR. At the end of the day, it's our money and efforts which will give out the desired input.

Rafale uses two Snecma M88 engines. It can generate a maximum thrust of 50 kN (11,200 lbf) without afterburner and 75 kN (16,900 lbf) with afterburner. During many tests of the Indian Kaveri, the engine was able to generate a thrust of 16,000–17,000 lbf (70–75 kN).

I think the problem with Kaveri is that it's inefficient in terms of shelf life, though it can generate the desired amount of thrust that an engine of it's dimensions should, the engine blades would later break, and this posed a problem. India is self dependent in many things, many times the world refused to give us access to certain technologies, what did we do? We built them indigenously in house itself because we needed to.

I strongly believe that India is on the verge of finally cracking jet engine technology through the Kaveri programme, and when that happens we can proudly say that India is truly Atmanirbhar in aerospace technology.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Agni 5.

IMG-20240125-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20240125-WA0043.jpg

Agni V mk2.

The Mk2 can be distinguished from mk1 visually due to the dark brownish / black first stage as seen in this pic. It is due to its composite casing. The interstages have camoflague paints on them while the 2nd and 3rs stage are also black / dark brownish. It's possible to have atleast 3 MIRV along with some penetration aids in a conical RV.

Blood+

Country flag
I say KAVERI is the future. No Safran nor Rolls Royce. We have come this far with Kaveri, we need to improvise a little more. What we need to understand is that Jet engine is a very critical type of technology and no country is going to give it, no matter what.

I am not confident that the French are going to be ready to part away with their engine technology, the deal with Safran might simply involve screwdriver-giri like, they may let us manufacture some of the engine parts but the core tech which our scientists need will not be shared. Same with UK's RR. At the end of the day, it's our money and efforts which will give out the desired input.

Rafale uses two Snecma M88 engines. It can generate a maximum thrust of 50 kN (11,200 lbf) without afterburner and 75 kN (16,900 lbf) with afterburner. During many tests of the Indian Kaveri, the engine was able to generate a thrust of 16,000–17,000 lbf (70–75 kN).

I think the problem with Kaveri is that it's inefficient in terms of shelf life, though it can generate the desired amount of thrust that an engine of it's dimensions should, the engine blades would later break, and this posed a problem. India is self dependent in many things, many times the world refused to give us access to certain technologies, what did we do? We built them indigenously in house itself because we needed to.

I strongly believe that India is on the verge of finally cracking jet engine technology through the Kaveri programme, and when that happens we can proudly say that India is truly Atmanirbhar in aerospace technology.
True but we kinda need the engines as well. What if Kaveri does not become ready by the fall of this decade?? What it'd mean for the AMCA program??

raju1982

Country flag
Agni 5.

View attachment 238195

View attachment 238196

Agni V mk2.

The Mk2 can be distinguished from mk1 visually due to the dark brownish / black first stage as seen in this pic. It is due to its composite casing. The interstages have camoflague paints on them while the 2nd and 3rs stage are also black / dark brownish. It's possible to have atleast 3 MIRV along with some penetration aids in a conical RV.
Long wait for Agni V mk2 aka Agni 6. Looks beautiful.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

jai jaganath

Country flag
Good entry point maybe they can expand and jsw can do it "hopeful Delhi capitals fan."
I know a guy who works in jsw
And u will even worship adani drone assembling after knowing how less jsw invests in rnd and especially wrt blast furnace
Even now for new plants they are carving for Chinese blast furnace and technicians

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

fooLIam

I know a guy who works in jsw
And u will even worship adani drone assembling after knowing how less jsw invests in rnd and especially wrt blast furnace
Even now for new plants they are carving for Chinese blast furnace and technicians
Don’t know about blast furnace I think you might be wrong about that but there were truck load of chinese in their Angul plant in relation to power generating equipment and their maintaince back in the day before covid.

Articles