DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
Then write - liquid ramjets, not just - ramjets
Work on your reading comprehension.
Only now because of LFRJ, the requirement has arise for Liquid Fuel. So it has nothing to do with indigenizing BRAHMOS fuel basically.
I got that but he seems to be insisting that in a JV we've to respect workshare agreements which doesn't matter in a ToT though the one we signed with Russia for the MKI specifically required us to import certain key assemblies / sub assemblies or raw materials from them which over a period of time , we gradually by passed & are mfg indigenously out here.

Hence as per him no modifications / alterations in the workshare agreements in a JV yet we've graduated to replacing the liquid propellant in the RAMJET Engine. How long before we replace the RAMJET engine itself ?
I'm not sure who said it but it seems that there is some agreement with Russia that drdo won't develop its own liquid ramjet cruise missile. Hence IMO star is a sneaky way to start development while keeping to the agreement.
It's kinda like how ISRO developed "isrosene" during the he development of sce 200.

johnj

Toh tu samjha na , koi aise zubaan mein jo sabke samajh mein aata ho
DRDO already developed akash missile with ramjet
UPA setup [renamed] BATL to indigenize brahmos engine & comes under Brahmos co controlled by India & Russia
DRDO mainly focus on solid ramjets, & Brahmos in liquid
Anyways first lol for your mki statement
I know my communications skill is not so great

johnj

Work on your reading comprehension.
Here the issue rise when azaad compire brahmos with mki -
MKI is a Frankenstein jet combines french, indian & russian tech - using tech from latest russian tech to meet IAF demands + latest Indian tech
[Good golden old days]
Brahmos - jv using ussr old tech, and all the major improvements done by brahmos india

Azaad

Country flag
DRDO already developed akash missile with ramjet
UPA setup [renamed] BATL to indigenize brahmos engine & comes under Brahmos co controlled by India & Russia
DRDO mainly focus on solid ramjets, & Brahmos in liquid
Anyways first lol for your mki statement
I know my communications skill is not so great
When did DRDO develop Akash missile with RAMJET ? Was it in its first test around 1990 or later ? If later , when ?

Presumably you mean BAPL . The inter government agreement was signed during the Congress rule . It was formed into a company in 1998-99 during NDA's tenure.

What do you mean by indigenize Brahmos engine ? Did we indigenize the "Brahmos " engine . If yes why are we not using it in the Brahmos ? Why are we still importing the "Brahmos engine" from Russia?

Thanks for informing me DRDO is only into Solid RAMJET & Brahmos is Liquid ? However I don't remember asking you about it . Anyway since we're discussing the Brahmos - What's the viscosity of this Liquid Brahmos ? Any information about the specific gravity of Liquid Brahmos ?

First lol on your English , semi literate dunce . Then begin lol ing on everything under the sun .

Your comprehension of the English language is worse than your communication skills which is still better than your online etiquettes. The Chinese don't understand English too . Yet they do a better job communicating than your Ra Ra Rapidex English. Then you've the gall to ridicule others out here when like Paxtan you're a constant joke that laughs at others.

Finally what's my post which never mentioned the Akash at all got to to do with all this. I'm still waiting patiently for your patently semi literate retarded answers.

karn

Country flag
Here the issue rise when azaad compire brahmos with mki -
MKI is a Frankenstein jet combines french, indian & russian tech - using tech from latest russian tech to meet IAF demands + latest Indian tech
Brahmos - jv using ussr old tech, and all the major improvements done by brahmos india
Wut?
We were discussing semantics of liquid ramjets weren't we ..
Regardless
1.The argument is on the structure of the Brahmos company joint venture vs licence production of Su30mki
not the finer details of their tech.
2. You have it exactly the other way around Su30mki is a development of theSu27 which is "old USSR tech" with as you said improvements from our end .
The liquid ramjet on the brahmos was experimental when the russians approached us for a JV.. you will notice that the USSR had exactly zero liquid fuel ramjet cruise missiles while russia has the oniks.

johnj

Wut?
We were discussing semantics of liquid ramjets weren't we
Are we?
1.The argument is on the structure of the Brahmos company joint venture vs licence production of Su30mki
not the finer details of their tech.
Are you sure about that ?
Don't it started from drdo indigenous fuel
2. You have it exactly the other way around Su30mki is a development of theSu27 which is "old USSR tech" with as you said improvements from our end .
The liquid ramjet on the brahmos was experimental when the russians approached us for a JV.. you will notice that the USSR had exactly zero liquid fuel ramjet cruise missiles while russia has the oniks.
Totally agree with brahmos part
In the case of mki - like oniks, mki is developed using soviet experiment design like su35/37, Russian Scientists incorporated not only experiment designs, but also French & Indian tech

Brahmos -
I think its about management structure & technologies development - not about the structure & design of tech or How KELTEC become BATL & Why DRDO not taking a big part like done MKI
I'm only pointing about DRDO ramjet developments - becz DRDO labs also part of MKI
Also MKI is designed based on su27 trainer - means different management structure
By the importance points is - azad only considering Liquid fuel - like you said - im only point out joint venture vs licence production [brahmos co,BATL vs HAL, DRDO] - end of topic

If you consider azad reply - it is how he is replying
1706160894702.png

also consider his latest
1706161102421.png

Don't forget his first post also
1706161185030.png

He started with making fun of me, now trying to ''demolished step by step'' ,
Next he continues same path until he gets bored or going according to his plan, next he will start using mean word, at the he concludes with never comments back dialog
Now the question is - what's point of replaying him back

In the case of barhmos engines - UPA decided to indigenization of booster/engine on the home state of DM
1706162695502.png

&
1706162963709.png

Day 1 - DM inauguration
Day 2- TU started threatening strike / partial strike [im unable to find source]

johnj

Delhi | On ATAGS (Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System), DRDO Chairman Dr Samir V Kamat says, "ATAGS has already finished all trials. My estimate is that the order should be placed in this financial year, before March 31, for 307 guns."

My Q is - why MOD/IA taking so much time to clear Desi ATAGS ??
Which PGM ATAGS use ?

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Low level missile were very deadly in an era where radars had difficulty targetting against ground / sea clutter .. This is hardly the case now
I know what you are trying to say: that low level missiles were highly effective against radars several decades back. While it is correct that radar technology has greatly improvised itself over time to meet the modern standards of combat, the same is being done with missiles too, today's missiles are more resistant to counter measures, are Stealthier, equipped with better electronics too. And that same technology which allows you to distinguish stealthy/difficult to detect low level sea skimming missiles from Background clutter will at the same time help you detect supersonic missiles such as brahmos, Kh-31, Dongfeng etc from much farther away too.

Today's missiles are more resistant to jamming but western missiles are less susceptible to jamming as compared to their Soviet/Russian counterparts. The West is years ahead of Russia in technology, Russia is nothing but a bare shell of the USSR in terms of economy and technology most of which is simply inherited from Erstwhile USSR.

Though the Brahmos is a Lethal anti ship platform and can be fired from land, air and sea, I still think we need to work on missiles which have better sea skimming ability and more stealth to penetrate enemy missile defenses, Brahmos ain't the answer for each and everything.

johnj

is there a global benchmark timeline for arty development and induction?
M777 development started in 1985, first order in 2005.

no PGM at the moment for ATAGS.
No, there is not any global benchmark timeline for development and induction of military equipment -but the question is valid if you consider the post you shared + GOI atmanirbhar bharat in military equipment
no PGM at the moment for ATAGS. - point noted

mamamia12

French are notorious for their failed promises.
The Rolls Royce also came forward for offer that is too lucrative. I wonder the deep state has thrown the pie as a trap. The turkroaches has been crying for RR to help on Indigenous engine but they didn't even budge. I wonder whats in it for them to even collaborate with us with complete IP rights. It is too good to be true.

johnj

Brahmos ain't the answer for each and everything.
That is why DRDO developing subsonic short, medium & long range cruise missiles & hypersonic cruise missiles
MFSTAR can spot sea skimming missile around 25km, adding E2 help to spot same missile in excess of 150km
You can add DEW, railgun into AD in future - now tell me what kind of missile is good for future proof

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's much worse than you write , we're paying Russia the price we froze more than 2 decades ago . Nor can we revisit the agreement for the Russians wouldn't agree.

In any case , the idea was to indigenize key components to enhance our knowledge of these systems & their mfg. That's where the full indigenization of the AL-31FP matters. As far as Russian avionics go they're dated as of now but must've provided us with good insights when the MKI was first inducted giving us with a sound base to commence our studies of those systems. Then there's the TVC we're studying.

The issue here is more about developing our own indigenous RAMJET than anything . Up until the recent past we didn't develop nor possess the technology for it . As another member pointed out we can't duplicate the Brahmos having developed the RAMJET so we're resorting to a subterfuge by developing the SMART & its derivatives.

If we didn't have the LFRJ , wouldn't we have developed the fuel ?
I do agree to all the points you have written here. No where I said that we shouldn't develop technologies of BRAHMOS.
But I am talking about business point of view. We have developed those technologies don't directly mean that we are replacing the Russian subsystems with them. When you said that we are using indigenous seeker now, I said that we tested it, but not using it.

As far as liquid fuel is concerned, we could have made it long back just like the seeker. But why are we doing it now? Its only because now the requirement is urgent for LFRJ.

Does this mean it won't be used in BRAHMOS?
Ofcourse not. If it passes the QC, it could be used.
But will we go on and replace the Russian fuel with it after that?
Absolutely not unless it has been agreed upon. But AFAIK our MoF, they are not giving free lunch of 49.5% of every deal to them on platter.

johnj

But AFAIK our MoF, they are not giving free lunch of 49.5% of every deal to them on platter.
This 49.5% - is it total cost share or unit cost share or profit share
Can you share details about brahmos land based AShM

Articles