DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

raju1982

Country flag
Report: Zorawar light tank to begin trials next month. In addition to mountain roles, it will also be used for amphibious ops.

After mountain role, amphibious role tested during trials, IA can ask for flying role from the tank. I will not be surprised. But somehow they are happy with faulty Russian weapons. Now they are buying vintage Igla S with ToT!!

raju1982

Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
After mountain role, amphibious role tested during trials, IA can ask for flying role from the tank. I will not be surprised. But somehow they are happy with faulty Russian weapons. Now they are buying vintage Igla S with ToT!!
relax, i think IA is aiming to get amphibious capability in lieu of those PT-76 light amphibious assault tanks we had in past with this apart from usual high altitude light assault tank thing...so yeah

raju1982

Country flag
relax, i think IA is aiming to get amphibious capability in lieu of those PT-76 light amphibious assault tanks we had in past with this apart from usual high altitude light assault tank thing...so yeah
I am just worried about endless trials IA will ask for till there is another attack from China. At that moment they are ready to take anything to LAC. Happened earlier with Pinaka, LCH and UAVs.

Highly reactive force. Spcially the way they study and explain current wars. Speciialy thier never ending learning curve of usage of modern war machines like UAVs. I doubt they ever studied what PLA were doing in Tibet few years back. If they had Zorawar would have been facing China along LAC by now.

It was all over internet. IA did not notice it till, Generals saw it facing Indian soldiers amd started Zorawar.:rofl:Naives

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I am just worried about endless trials IA will ask for till there is another attack from China. At that moment they are ready to take anything to LAC. Happened earlier with Pinaka, LCH and UAVs.

Highly reactive force. Spcially the way they study and explain current wars. Speciialy thier never ending learning curve of usage of modern war machines like UAVs. I doubt they ever studied what PLA were doing in Tibet few years back. If they had Zorawar would have been facing China along LAC by now.
😪 well i agree with your concern here, the amount of things they've trialed so far they can literally write encyclopedias on every weapon platform with that experience...
besides i put a post on importance i felt about Light Tank but...just read through it
Entire light tank saga,

i fucking remember when choyna had shown their Type-15 and Doklam bakchodi happened i was advocating for our own light tanks on teligram, sadly those chats got deleted by some other members by mistake but @aditya10r can vouch he was there - and some other members kept reminding me WE HAB DEPLOYED TIN-72 IN HIMALAYAN REGIONS WE NO NEED LIGHT TANKS HURR DURR 🤷‍♂️

then galwan and further pangong tso lake things happened and i further said we need light tanks but...TIN-72 IN LADAKH VROO....

and once we got a bloody nose in galwan+pangong tso incident etc the army got sudden ;gyaan; that they need Light Tanks and this Zoravar project was being prepped up 😒

worse it when we already were manufacturing that L7 105mm cannon that powered so many tanks and fighting vehicles with guns we are IMPOOOORTING some same calibre cockerill 105mm turret with muh autoloader and hurr durr...nigah just put these ammo-pusher drives things from existing tech we have here from Tin-72, Tin-90ASS productions etc on a modernized Vijayanta turret etc put some electronics sensors cameras etc whatever you want and get done with it

Same thing can AND SHOULD also be put on WhAP platform to make Stryker M1128 MGS like vehicle here but... 🤷‍♂️

(crosspost from light tank thread because it infuriates me to the core MENE TOH BOLA THAA...)

Chinmoy

Country flag
Report: Zorawar light tank to begin trials next month. In addition to mountain roles, it will also be used for amphibious ops.

Every tank has amphibious capability up to an extent. Its not something to be asked separately and neither has been. So try to avoid posting such misleading tweets or news at drop of hat as some intelligent (!) people here would start showing their 1 or 2 liner intelligence at drop of hat.

johnj

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
That turret looks based on Elbit/IDF and General Dynamics Europe's Sabrah pitch for the ASCOD 2 and Pandur 2 programs. Won't be surprising since Tata has agreements with both and has showcased a barebone UT30MK2 turret on the Kestrel before. I don't know who wanted the hull but they need to stop daydreaming about the Bradley and plug the dumb portholes on it and the WhAP too.
1700176632249.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles