DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Tuco

Country flag
I don't know but whoever in MoD or higher ups thought that screwdrivergiri of foreign systems by Indian private cos and passing them in garb of a indie tech was a good idea should be solemnly beaten and made to reflect on his actions.
Now, the worst can happen is - private cos rrreeeeeeeeee, screwdrivergiri project rrreereeeeeeee, but still no indigenous r&d capability developed by them and just a skeleton ecosystem developed at best.
Small private cos have done much more in establishing whatever defense ecosystem India have than these bigger private cos ever will in near future. I would rather love seeing order going to these honest small private cos getting bigger orders.
Warna toh adani bro ki jeb m Paisa toh aur jagah se bhi dal degi sarkar.
Adani is getting all kind of accesses, DRDO tech transfers, partnership with foreign entities which is being used to screw DRDO and Indias nascent def ecosystem, is there anyone in leadership who will think for the Nations longterm well-being being. We deserve whatever is coming at us from Chinese. We will be worse then Ukrainians at least they had maibaaps for sometime.

Tuco

Country flag
If it will be inducted then I don't think it will be in decent numbers probably a few they won't order in bulk after this system is inducted
New year ke liye ek, Deepavali ke li do, baad me mann ki ya to ek aur.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Adani is getting all kind of accesses, DRDO tech transfers, partnership with foreign entities which is being used to screw DRDO and Indias nascent def ecosystem, is there anyone in leadership who will think for the Nations longterm wellbeing. We deserve whatever is coming at us from Chinese. We will be worse then Ukrainians at least they had maibaaps for sometime.
True, this will make us even more dependent on west. West is becoming more and more commie at least the democratic party. So, its stupidity to depend on them even more.

sameer3694

I honestly wish they had the self respect to acquire these drones directly rather than doing all the jhumla of “screwdriving in India” and later passing that off as make in India. Folks on Twitter are saying, just 6 drones , like what’s the point of a separate assembly line for such small quantities.

Tuco

Country flag
True, this will make us even more dependent on west. West is becoming more and more commie at least the democratic party. So, its stupidity to depend on them even more.
We do not have answers to the huge and diverse fleet of UAVs that China is building. These will act as disposable force multipliers, jets cannot take off with all the stores? No problem they will have four may be five UAVs carrying munitions for the jets, how will we counter these. Solution has to be from within. With all the things that are happening, we are just stagnant. We are in for some real pain.

no smoking

Country flag
There is a lot to unpack here, so let's get started in earnest.

These are ballistic missiles we are talking about and as their name suggest, they happen to follow a ballistic flight path. So, radars positioned atop the peaks of the Himalayan ranges can easily detect them at sufficient ranges.
You realize that those peaks of Himalayan are terribly close to Chinese border, or just sit on the border, right?
And if you consider the complicate geographic requirement for setting up a radar, you will find that there is not many places for radar station. The same problem keeps Chinese upset too.

After all, these are not terrain hugging cruise missiles, now are they?? So, this section of your argument is entirely based on your total lack of comprehension of this topic and not on facts.
Well, they are not terrain hugging cruise missiles, but you still need that 5-10 additional minutes to get your missile-defense system ready.

That is also why Americans choose to set up their early warning radar in the area close to Chinse (Japan, Korea) and Russians (Poland and Romania).

True but you've gotta keep in mind that TAR is a featureless barren wasteland of a plateau, with practically no way of concealing any significant deployment of forces, so you can forget about achieving any kind of surprise.
Really? Americans had big trouble to find out where the Iraq rocket force were on the desert in 1990.
You may say we are in 2023, the detection tech already advanced so much.
But the problem is: so does the anti-detection tech.

Not necessarily!! One doesn't need to employ expensive high-end SAM systems like Barak 8 or S-400 to counter ballistic missiles of that range class. And mid range SAMs like Akash cost a lot less than such medium range BMs that are employed by the PLA rocket forces.
S-400? Why do you think that Russia develops S-500?

Barak 8, high-end SAM system? Ok, I rest my case.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Well it seems like it is actually happening
I will believe once the deal is signed.

We had similar RR & crying competitions when the talks of MRCA were happening and people thought Tejas would be suffocated by the MRCA candidate. Same case for Athos/Artillery saga.

Some prominent members on this forum with long experience were the first to start crying prematurely.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Adani is getting all kind of accesses, DRDO tech transfers, partnership with foreign entities which is being used to screw DRDO and Indias nascent def ecosystem, is there anyone in leadership who will think for the Nations longterm well-being being. We deserve whatever is coming at us from Chinese. We will be worse then Ukrainians at least they had maibaaps for sometime.
The way this system is gonna hurt is immense
It's basically screwing our def manufacturing capability
It's damn true that msme and other few big industries have contributed to this cause but adani especially wants to use its influence to gain from recent goi incentives
But this govt of jumlas has no shame
They are way smarter than predecessors
On one hand in good books of global weapon manufacturers and other hand they can cater their political goals

Blood+

Country flag
You realize that those peaks of Himalayan are terribly close to Chinese border, or just sit on the border, right?
And if you consider the complicate geographic requirement for setting up a radar, you will find that there is not many places for radar station. The same problem keeps Chinese upset too.
Ever heard of gap filler radars?? We've got those deployed in their hundreds atop those mountain ranges.

Well, they are not terrain hugging cruise missiles, but you still need that 5-10 additional minutes to get your missile-defense system ready.
In peacetime, yes but not during an active war.
That is also why Americans choose to set up their early warning radar in the area close to Chinse (Japan, Korea) and Russians (Poland and Romania).
And we sit right next to each other, so what's your point??

Really? Americans had big trouble to find out where the Iraq rocket force were on the desert in 1990.
You may say we are in 2023, the detection tech already advanced so much.
But the problem is: so does the anti-detection tech.
Yeah, I WILL say we are in 2023 and no, there is not much you can do for concealment when the airspace is saturated with cheap drones with thermal cameras and this will apply to both sides.

S-400? Why do you think that Russia develops S-500?
Irrelevant to our discussion. For your medium range BMs, S-400s and Barak-8s would be plain waste of resources.
Barak 8, high-end SAM system? Ok, I rest my case.
Compared to those outdated semi active radar homing BUK copies (HQ-16 variants) and S-300 rip offs (HQ-9). Barak 8 might as well be alien tech.
Ok, I rest my case.
The only thing you are resting is your head into your ass. In fact, you have it rested so far up that now you can smell your heart.

Chinmoy

Country flag
My doubt came from Ani report even I don't consider alpha as source but Ani report may have some truth to it.
Then read this too.

The three services have contracted two Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) each through the fourth tranche of emergency procurements
https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...der-emergency-procurement/article67510035.ece

Now if 6 UAS could derail a whole project, then I believe the project is not good enough.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles