DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
hain ? isn't this the same exact upgrade kit that FAB Defence of Israel was offering in past ?
there were even some HD pics out of it
View attachment 228551
View attachment 228552

yeh bhi kya FAB waali kit ko 'rebrand' kar ke 'made in india' wala daav chalana chate hai ab ?
as i said,

they are 'partners' with FAB defence etc; almost all FAB upgrades we see in service are mentioned there under their line

Blood+

Country flag
I know we've had this argument before but why don't you think it'd act as a deterrent. There are 2 aspects to this - one is the rocket forces targetting infrastructure & all our bases between 2-300 kms on our side of the LAC. Unfortunately for us a good deal of our cities also fall in this targetting zone. Do remember Delhi is not more than 500 kms from the LAC as the crow flies.

Now for us to target bases deep within Xinjiang & Tibet say between 500-1500 deep we're only half as equipped now that too with Ltd nos.
The same reasoning as before - you simply cannot match the scale and effect of massed short range BMs and MLRS fire with long range missiles at one-to-one basis!! It just ain't happening......PERIOD!! Plus you need to consider the economic and industrial disparity between the two sides as well.

If the Chinese claim parity that brings major population & industrial centres like Delhi, Kolkata etc within it's ambit. How do we react then?
Of course, with retaliation of our own, that's why the Army is now planning to induct longer range missiles in its orbat of the projected rocket force but do not ever delude yourself into thinking that you can deter them just because you have a few hundred missiles that can hit targets in their hinterlands, especially when talking about the likes of the CCP who's made it their doctrine to not give a single fuck about civilian lives.
I think this line of thinking of yours emanates from your apparent overestimation of the destructive potential of conventionally armed missiles. These are not nukes that would act as a deterrent. They are best employed against specific targets and not as an area destruction weapon like MLRS!!

There's not much of worth in terms of targets within Xinjiang or Tibet to target beyond bases. All their industrial & population centres are located in the far East or South with some in Central China which is anywhere between 2-3000 kms away from the LAC as the crow flies.
I never argued against deploying long range BMs, did I?? But if you think they will act as a deterrent, then you are sorely mistaken.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 228543

I am confused with this. So, all the three forces will have their own missiles and they will come together to form a Rocket Force which will act on its own? If they have to use it then how it will work?

@Chinmoy @Lonewarrior @Arihant Roy
First thing first. Don't go by paragraph wise update. Instead try to take into account the whole news. The very previous para mentioned it as,

The missiles for medium-range strike capability role may be from the existing inventory of missiles in the arsenal of the strategic forces. India has developed several versions of the medium to long range strike capable missiles including the Agni series of weapon systems.
It indicates the missile to be upcoming A-P as all others are under strategic force command. Now as far as old news are concerned, it is seen as a carrier killer which means IN might have already forwarded a proposal for it just like Prithvi/Dhanush along with IA in conventional role.
So it would definitely go to IN in future atleast for testing purpose. So saying that different forces would have it in their inventory before forming of rocket force is technically true.

But then again these all are political decision. MoD could revoke it at any given moment. So taking into account the recent trend of keeping media in dark till last moment, always take news like these with truck load of salt.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Requesting for an urgent help, as tomorrow's the last day to pay overdue rent. Tried whatever I could, but failed. Please DM for any queries.

My UPI ID - egnanon@oksbi

BlackViking

Country flag
hain ? isn't this the same exact upgrade kit that FAB Defence of Israel was offering in past ?
there were even some HD pics out of it
View attachment 228551
View attachment 228552

yeh bhi kya FAB waali kit ko 'rebrand' kar ke 'made in india' wala daav chalana chate hai ab ?
Ji haan🫰🏻
Fab, Eotech, Gearhead, Armadynamics, इत्यादि ...
Have a दांया हाथ also to avoid single vendor situation

jai jaganath

Country flag

Well it seems like it is actually happening
It's obvious
Afterall reports of 36/24000 requirements and then a crash
Nothing is coincidence
First we had to deal with import lobby and now by adani lobby too

Now soon a masterstroke will be played by this nationalist govt make in India=assembled in India
In this way they can maintain their relations with global weapon manufacturers and acheive their election goals
Soon u will see burst of projects being approved for assembling in name of atmanirbharta
Anyways link

jai jaganath

Country flag
Pata nahi kitne dino se project cheetah approve hota rahega
So another confirmation of Hermes ig nos 6
Anyway these nos are nothing unless orders being placed
But yeah new trend by goi DAC=orders given

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
The Army is also going to acquire around 500 Helina third-generation tank-killing missiles with a maximum 8-km strike range. “Production of the missiles will begin after their integration process on the ALHs is completed in another year or so,” he said. The 25 new ALHs, incidentally, will add to the 170 such choppers already in the Army, with over 60 of them being the weaponized version called Rudra.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Tapas will be inducted।।।।

It's cheaper than isareil ones
Are u sure
Further pushing up the logistical nightmare?
Heron harop mq-9 heron mk2 Hermes and then tapas
If they are inducting Hermes in 6 nos the bigger order will definately in pipeline coz ordering tapas after Hermes will be foolish
Archer was killed recently and tapas will be eventually pushed towards it

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I don't know but whoever in MoD or higher ups thought that screwdrivergiri of foreign systems by Indian private cos and passing them in garb of a indie tech was a good idea should be solemnly beaten and made to reflect on his actions.
Now, the worst can happen is - private cos rrreeeeeeeeee, screwdrivergiri project rrreereeeeeeee, but still no indigenous r&d capability developed by them and just a skeleton ecosystem developed at best.
Small private cos have done much more in establishing whatever defense ecosystem India have than these bigger private cos ever will in near future. I would rather love seeing order going to these honest small private cos getting bigger orders.
Warna toh adani bro ki jeb m Paisa toh aur jagah se bhi dal degi sarkar.

Articles