DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes can see that now , the usual rear fins (booster section) are not installed in the picture I posted , giving the impression of the naked mountings ( at the far end of the picture) as fore fins and the intakes as thrusters.

my apologies for the mistake and thank you.

As for " such a legacy design " and "you can't always be like this " remark

Come on now , I hope you realised the irony
With this another problem arise. The design would have smaller fin towards the aft and larger fin towards the fore. Now that is not our legacy design I believe. Moreover the ports are ejection ports rather then injection.

This model is displayed by VEM tech and they were building a ATGM.

porky_kicker

Country flag
With this another problem arise. The design would have smaller fin towards the aft and larger fin towards the fore. Now that is not our legacy design I believe. Moreover the ports are ejection ports rather then injection.

This model is displayed by VEM tech and they were building a ATGM.
If you look from the other far end of the picture as the aft section and bigger fins as the middle section ?

The photo I believe is giving rise to some sort of optical illusion

I am not certain vem is involved in Akash fuselage

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
If you look from the other far end of the picture as the aft section and bigger fins as the middle section ?

The photo I believe is giving rise to some sort of optical illusion

I am not certain vem is involved in Akash fuselage
Its not a Akash fuselage. The missile too is not that long to give such a impression. Look at the launch tube beside it. This has been displayed by VEM technology and they are involved in ATGM design.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Its not a Akash fuselage. The missile too is not that long to give such a impression. Look at the launch tube beside it. This has been displayed by VEM technology and they are involved in ATGM design.
Let's email the picture to vem for clarification :biggrin2:

porky_kicker

Country flag
smart material based bio-mimetic aquatic robot that can probe underwater conditions and can be used for surveillance.

IIT-Indore has designed a bio-mimetic shape memory alloy actuated underwater robot.

The posterior end of the fish is made with a thin skin of soft polymer. The buoyancy of the robot is set so that, robot floats just below the surface of water. Fin is flexible to mimic the motion of a real fish. This robot has a potential application in probing the underwater condition and surveillance.

Further the research group is into the development of shape memory alloy integrated glass fiber reinforced composite flapper for missiles. This flapper will be helpful to precisely control the orientation of missiles. This project is in collaboration with Defense Research Development Organisation (DRDO) and IIT-Indore.

6122378_robot_jpeg9c26b820b6c64561540ebee70d26ef55.jpeg

Articles