DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karmaweapon

Country flag
Seems to be lacking quite a lot of automation that is present on the Dhanush
I don't know what they put in the operational version.
I think they did not want to put electronics on display only electronic thing was there is trinetra sight on jvpc and not for my surprise it was not working i thought red dot is not appearing because somebody played with sight settings so i try to check if IR laser is it working with my camera but also it was not working then check the battery, it was there but still not working.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Seems to be lacking quite a lot of automation that is present on the Dhanush
Automation? When was that on OFB's cards!
They simply copied what they had; but as one was copied from a 80s gun and other from a 50s, you see some difference.

We never try to mess with the authenticity of a foreign product. We try our best to match the antiques as much as possible.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I don't know what they put in the operational version.
I think they did not want to put electronics on display only electronic thing was there is trinetra sight on jvpc and not for my surprise it was not working i thought red dot is not appearing because somebody played with sight settings so i try to check if IR laser is it working with my camera but also it was not working then check the battery, it was there but still not working.
Because they don't have much of an electronic to put on their guns. Only the barrel assembly is what they truly make in-house. Other systems are sub-contracted.

These CADs, though rudimentary shows that they put atleast some R&D in barrels
IMG_20230815_233419.jpg

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
IIRC Sharang is just an upgrade of M-46. No electronics will be added. I think only loading assist, maybe added. In any case, if I remember correctly, the budget was Rs.200 crores for first 300 Sharang and then another order for next 300

As usual with DPSU, the production is going very slowly and only 60 completed

A look at the cost will give you indication that it is a low cost upgrade of Rs.1 cr Each compare to dhanush which is Rs.15 cr each.