DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
@Lonewarrior @Chinmoy just looked up Newspace website they mentioned they have team ups with Honeywell and bae systems any clue what it could be for? I don't know much but Honeywell is known for there uav engines

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
@Lonewarrior @Chinmoy just looked up Newspace website they mentioned they have team ups with Honeywell and bae systems any clue what it could be for? I don't know much but Honeywell is known for there uav engines
Honeywell is known for turboshafts, which are used for both UAVs and also other prop powered aircraft
Like our trainers

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Honeywell is known for turboshafts, which are used for both UAVs and also other prop powered aircraft
Like our trainers
So could be a tie up for some uav engine? What about bae system? I know its American and a big deal but I got no clue other than that

NutCracker

Country flag
So could be a tie up for some uav engine? What about bae system? I know its American and a big deal but I got no clue other than that
British. They might have been roped in as consultant for design+ optoelrctronics and EW .
Honeywell can even supply super efficient small TF engine for HALE not just turbo prop .

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
British. They might have been roped in as consultant for design+ optoelrctronics and EW .
Honeywell can even supply super efficient small TF engine for HALE not just turbo prop .
Although that would be great but I really hoped we would go ahead with indigenous engines in future but if we don't ig Honeywell engines are already top level stuff

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Ipr to remain with India it says good news ig

Lonewarrior

Country flag
As for Honeywell, it's most probably for avionics. Honeywell is considered one of the gold standard when it comes to avionics. From small Inertial Navigation System for UAVs to complete autopilot suit for planes, they've their expertise. So this is what they may be bringing on the table.

As for BAe, it's a British company meaning the laws are not as stringent as those in USA, where you must adhere to ITAR regulations even for the transfer of a .jpg file via mail.
So why not have a JV with them when it's so easy

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
As for Honeywell, it's most probably for avionics. Honeywell is considered one of the gold standard when it comes to avionics. From small Inertial Navigation System for UAVs to complete autopilot suit for planes, they've their expertise. So this is what they may be bringing on the table.

As for BAe, it's a British company meaning the laws are not as stringent as those in USA, where you must adhere to ITAR regulations even for the transfer of a .jpg file via mail.
So why not have a JV with them when it's so easy
I see thank you my other question would be what does those companies get out of having jv with small private start-ups? Some fixed amount of money or some percentage of money for every profit they get?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I see thank you my other question would be what does those companies get out of having jv with small private start-ups? Some fixed amount of money or some percentage of money for every profit they get?
As long as a small firm is not a threat or is willing to sign a Non-Compete Clause (NCC) there's no harm selling something to them or even better, using them as an affiliate marketing.

As for the profit sharing model, there's no industry standard that you must do this. Various firms uses what they wish.
But ya, in most cases it uses the same model you mentioned...which is kind of de facto in patent and IPR world. You pay a small amount (couple of millions) to initiate the JV/ToT/Patent and then a % royalty on each piece sold.