DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
But you were claiming that Turks are more advance in defence than DRDO.
Quote the exact line where I've said that "Turks are more advance in defence than DRDO".
I dare you
Most of Turkish weapons are copy of NATO weapons or developed with collaboration.
INSAS, Trichy Assault Rifle, TriCa, Ghatak, Zittara, Anamika, MGL, Vidhwanshak, Belt Fed LMG, 12.7 air defence gun, lightweight AMR, CRN-91, Ghasha gun, 30mm gun, AGL, Tank Machine Gun, Dhanush, OFP MPV, 76mm SRGM, GP bombs, SAAW, Barak 8, BrahMos...

People should think atleast once before opening their mouths...

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
You seem bit too depressed today...itti fiqr achhi nahi Babu.

Always remember, every drone has the potential to be a good loitering munition. From our Tapas to Murica's X-47B...all of them.
That will be one expensive loitering munition bhaiya

Azaad

Country flag

Very informative interview with respect to the IMRH , LCA Mk-2 & the GE HAL JV for MII of the GE-414 TF. Please read the paragraph on the modalities to be undertaken carefully before the mfg of the GE-414 TF in India commences.

One note of regret - absolutely no mention whatsoever about the HTFE & HTSE projects when scope of R&D at HAL is discussed. No clue if it's going to be pursued too .

vishnugupt

Country flag
Quote the exact line where I've said that "Turks are more advance in defence than DRDO".
I dare you

INSAS, Trichy Assault Rifle, TriCa, Ghatak, Zittara, Anamika, MGL, Vidhwanshak, Belt Fed LMG, 12.7 air defence gun, lightweight AMR, CRN-91, Ghasha gun, 30mm gun, AGL, Tank Machine Gun, Dhanush, OFP MPV, 76mm SRGM, GP bombs, SAAW, Barak 8, BrahMos...

People should think atleast once before opening their mouths...
Keep yourself in this blissful ignorance, good for you

Frankly this is the only way you can keep your sanity intact after realising you don't have a PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in UAVs
Glad you mentioned this point, I'm actually working on a post that's more or less on this topic only. If things go planned then I'll post it 1-2 days

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Comparing your educational qualifications with that of Baykar CEO because it seemed you're not quite impressed by a PhD in UAV from MIT; ya, I did that. But sadly I still can't find the line where I said "Turks are more advance in defence than DRDO".

And also I mentioned a list of some 20-25 Indian equipments either licensed or reverse engineered...you didn't comment on that too Vishnu

but decided not to because of usual copy, poor quality, we can do much better rant
This is what I had said in the original post of mine...and see, there jumps in a loner doing exactly that.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

@Lonewarrior @Chinmoy just a question can a engine like this be used in a Avenger kind of stealth ucav? Or does engine needs changes to work on a stealth ucav?
Yup
For applications like a HALE UAV that's rarely going to face something like a fighter from its frontal arc, signature reduction methods like serpentine intake or the intake hidden by SATCOM radome in the front would be more than enough.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yup
For applications like a HALE UAV that's rarely going to face something like a fighter from its frontal arc, signature reduction methods like serpentine intake or the intake hidden by SATCOM radome in the front would be more than enough.
Thank you do we have any updates on the engine where it is? Is it certified?

Tuco

Country flag
It's been tested to it's full thrust (there was this recent video too) but if I'm not wrong then it's still in developmental phase
May be the certification wouldn't be that stringent for unmanned articles. It could power a big drone with lots of bells and wishtles, some thing like a mini awac or a weapons director. Newspace has plans for HALE vehicle.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
May be the certification wouldn't be that stringent for unmanned articles. It could power a big drone with lots of bells and wishtles, some thing like a mini awac or a weapons director. Newspace has plans for HALE vehicle.
Newspace has 2 plans for Hale turboprop and hale turbofan

Chinmoy

Country flag

Articles