DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

There is nothing called invulnerable tank. Your wunderwaffen western tanks will not perform any better at the receiving end of a modern ATGM.
Still the crew stands a chance of surviving.
In the T-72 and T-90, the crew literally sits on top of the ammunition compartment.
Also, there is no CABIS in both the T series tanks.
EjYTwuYUcAElfXw.jpg

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Highly offtopic, but although surviving Indian breeds are from medieval period the Kathiawari or Marwari are superior to Bactrian or Arabian horses in every way... so much so that Shahjahan switched to use of these. No reason to believe their forefathers weren't there same.
View attachment 203865View attachment 203866
Those myths were most likely cocked up later to justify Hindus becoming the bitch of every horsefucker that passed by.

Sounds like fiction. Source please?
Here is the source sir

binayak95

Country flag
Highly offtopic, but although surviving Indian breeds are from medieval period the Kathiawari or Marwari are superior to Bactrian or Arabian horses in every way... so much so that Shahjahan switched to use of these. No reason to believe their forefathers weren't there same.
View attachment 203865View attachment 203866
Those myths were most likely cocked up later to justify Hindus becoming the bitch of every horsefucker that passed by.

Sounds like fiction. Source please?
These are modern breeds - not anywhere near the size and strength of the medieval breeds. And may I add that the British did much to bring new bloodlines.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Still the crew stands a chance of surviving.
In the T-72 and T-90, the crew literally sits on top of the ammunition compartment.
Also, there is no CABIS in both the T series tanks.
View attachment 203867
Only real drawback is the in-cabin starage, the autoloder is actually decently hrd to hit as it is very low in the tank. Most kills happen due to the ammo in the crew compartment being stored badly. Would like to see a solution implemented on our T-90s to move those rounds to a safer place (maybe blowout panels in the rear like T-90M?)

Lonewarrior

Country flag
There is nothing called invulnerable tank. Your wunderwaffen western tanks will not perform any better at the receiving end of a modern ATGM.
Definitely.
We have degrees of invulnerability.

Best tank = Tanks with APS, ERA, Blowout panels
Better tank = Tanks with ERA, Blowout panels
Good tank = Tanks with Blowout panels
Sh*t tank = Every Russian tanks from T-64 onwards

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Only real drawback is the in-cabin starage, the autoloder is actually decently hrd to hit as it is very low in the tank.
Like to defer here.
The autoloader is actually very easy to hit because in both T-72/90 and T-64/80 type autoloader the propellant charge sits way above the actual ammo. The real culprit behind cook-off in tanks is propellant, not ammo. And setting on a propellant is extremely easy coz they are designed to be as flammable as possible; unlike ammo which are designed to be as insensitive as possible.

Moreover as soon as a jet of shaped charge finally enters the inside of a tank it behave like a shotgun blast, going in every direction. No just that but when it hits a metal surface inside the tank it further ejects hot semi molten material.
Would like to see a solution implemented on our T-90s to move those rounds to a safer
We can, and not just can even people have already done that.
The Polish T-72-120 upgrade was to have a bustle mounted autoloader like those in Western tanks.

But sadly we still don't have the competence to complete redesign the turret of T-72/90.
(maybe blowout panels in the rear like T-90M?)
T-90M uses blowout panels only for the 10 separate ammo it carries in the bustle, not for the regular ammo. The regular ammo is still stored in traditional T-72 type autoloader. Those extra 10 rounds are emergency use ones. So whenever they'll find cover the gunner would climb out of the turret, open the bustle and reload the autoloader with those 10 rounds...one at a time

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Here is the source sir
Thanks a lot 👍 I'll go through it. Interesting.

These are modern breeds - not anywhere near the size and strength of the medieval breeds. And may I add that the British did much to bring new bloodlines.
I know for a fact that horse breeds have only gotten larger with time... in ancient days horses were too small to gallop with armoured riders, so chariots were popular.

Also all these breed bloodlines are staunchly kept pure. I doubt you have any good source to back that claim either. I don't think it's correct.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Here is the source sir
Yeah ok it's probably his personal fantasy.
I double-checked & all sources say Vahlika would be the-then kabul region. He says "I believe" 3 times & provides no evidence that he claims that we have (I found nothing of the sort).
The expedition was most likely as he himself said at 1st, to push the advancing hepthalites back beyond Hindu Kush.
Screenshot_2023-05-09-18-41-55-916-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Varoon2

Country flag
There is a reference to a major upheaval in the area now in Afghanistan, in the late 4th century. Chandragupta Vikramaditya ( Chandragupta 2) attacked the Kushans, not the Huns, at this particular juncture. And won decisively. Whether that part of Afghanistan actually became a province of the Gupta empire, is uncertain. But that Buddha statue that the Taliban destroyed, was from the 5th century, and bears the stamp of Gupta art influence.

It was Skanda Gupta who inflicted a huge defeat on the Huns around the time 455-457, and the victory gave India peace in the North and West for another 45 years.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Sir ,with all due respect I beg to defer from your argument.
I must say that :
1) the marwadi horse is an old breed, the ears are it's speciality.
The ears are turned inwards, the British considered it as a sigh of inferiority.
When a marwari horse and a horse from another breed mate, the turned ear in the offspring are not present . They are only present in pure breed native horses .
2) the fact of introduction of new blood lines by the British aforementioned is true, but they are a altogether different breed sir, called the English throughbred horse used by the army.
They don't have inwards curve ears, their endurance is not great either and they are more suitable to play equestrian sports , specifically polo which popularized them India.
The marwari is an ancient breed, atleast 1000 years old if not more, various legends about them are present in rajput folklore.
The marwari suffered a tremendous disaster after independence as many Royal houses became unable to maintain these horses,they sold them away and thus many were slaughtered for leather and at times even food by the poor. Who bought them at throw away prices.
The government being alarmed by the possible extinction of marwari has thus banned it's export Since independence.
Today this breed is being revived in rajasthan and punjab, average cost being 10 to 12 lakh for a average marwari, many are even sold for more than a crore at cattle fairs.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The marwari is an ancient breed, atleast 1000 years old if not more, various legends about them are present in rajput folklore.
Marwari horses are 300 years old... Starting from the latter reign if Jahangir. Kathiawari is older i believe (not sure about them)

Ye post last tha bhaiya ghode ke upar.
Shit ok this was last

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Marwari horses are 300 years old... Starting from the latter reign if Jahangir. Kathiawari is older i believe (not sure about them)
That debate is quite extensive, it's best we leave it sir some even debate whether horse of maharana pratap, was a kathiyawadi or a marwadi.
Anyway marwari or kathiyawdi both are our own and we should cherish them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sir ,with all due respect I beg to defer from your argument.
I must say that :
1) the marwadi horse is an old breed, the ears are it's speciality.
The ears are turned inwards, the British considered it as a sigh of inferiority.
When a marwari horse and a horse from another breed mate, the turned ear in the offspring are not present . They are only present in pure breed native horses .
2) the fact of introduction of new blood lines by the British aforementioned is true, but they are a altogether different breed sir, called the English throughbred horse used by the army.
They don't have inwards curve ears, their endurance is not great either and they are more suitable to play equestrian sports , specifically polo which popularized them India.
The marwari suffered a tremendous disaster after independence as many Royal houses became unable to maintain these horses,they sold them away and thus many were slaughtered for leather and at times even food by the poor. Who bought them at throw away prices.
The government being alarmed by the possible extinction of marwari has thus banned it's export Since independence.
Today this breed is being revived in rajasthan and punjab, average cost being 10 to 12 lakh for a average marwari, many are even sold for more than a crore at cattle fairs.
find a appropriate thread for me to move these posts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles