DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
PSA

Always try to take a screenshot of a tweet or YouTube video and add that too, preferably as spoiler together with pasting the tweet's actual link.
I did take a sc shot I knew hvt sir might delete it later just not finding it now cause my phone is stupid

Lonewarrior

Country flag

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

johnj

Raytheon Missiles and Defense Awarded Follow-on Glide Phase Intercept (GPI) Contracts
1683465735758.png

When the Glide Phase Interceptor is launched from a ship to intercept lower-altitude hypersonic missiles in their glide phase of flight, it will cover an extra layer of defense alongside RMD’s longtime Standard Missile, or SM, family. Thus, GPI will bridge the crucial gap between SM-3, which destroys incoming missiles outside Earth’s atmosphere, and SM-6, which hits targets in the terminal phase of flight. A hypersonic missile goes into its glide phase when it re-enters the atmosphere and continues toward its target. GPI also enhances layered defense and enables more opportunities to intercept a hostile hypersonic threat farther from its target
IN need SM6 & GPI like missiles to defend its aircraft carriers against Pak/Chinese Ballistic/Hypersonic/Glide AShM.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles