DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Another article pointing out that China is super worried about Starlink. Its like "out of syllabus" for them, they had invested heavily on doctrine of taking out communication infra, Starlink suddenly has changed the calculation for them. Hopefully we can access some similar tech.

Btw, this is one drawback of chinese model where govt. committee identifies future technologies and invests like crazy into them, for eg: 5g, AI, quantum. The problem is if some other tech comes up that was not identified, it takes a while for them to pivot. US industry driven approach is much more nimble however in case of China the fields that they have correctly identified they can subsidize like crazy to drive out competition.

karn

Country flag
Another article pointing out that China is super worried about Starlink. Its like "out of syllabus" for them, they had invested heavily on doctrine of taking out communication infra, Starlink suddenly has changed the calculation for them. Hopefully we can access some similar tech.

Btw, this is one drawback of chinese model where govt. committee identifies future technologies and invests like crazy into them, for eg: 5g, AI, quantum. The problem is if some other tech comes up that was not identified, it takes a while for them to pivot. US industry driven approach is much more nimble however in case of China the fields that they have correctly identified they can subsidize like crazy to drive out competition.
After so much investment, after being on the top of so many indexes for innovation in AI ,
After leading the world in AI patents.. China still got beat to chat gpt by the US:yawn:

Last edited:

skunk works

Country flag
After so much investment, after being on the top of so many indexes for innovation in AI ,
After leading the world in AI patents.. China still got beat to chat gpt by the US:yawn:
The US is decades ahead of us, the xinese and the europoors. Remember the rest of the world is still 'trialing' stealth technologies.
US technology is like an iceberg. You think what you see is advanced? Now imagine the capabilities they have that no one knows.

karn

Country flag
The US is decades ahead of us, the xinese and the europoors. Remember the rest of the world is still 'trialing' stealth technologies.
US technology is like an iceberg. You think what you see is advanced? Now imagine the capabilities they have that no one knows.
Yes .. I am pointing out the absurdity of using just the number of patents as a measure of technological advancements.. Which some chinese like to tom tom as supposed "leadership" in tech.

binayak95

Country flag
Plus a Chinese patent on top of that. If you go into the meat of things, probably 80% of those patents will be inane BS.
Chinese patents on advanced algorithms, on Computer vision applications, robotics and the like are actually damn good.
I know because I study them and use their findings to further my own work.

Of course, all that said, no one patents the real stuff.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Yes .. I am pointing out the absurdity of using just the number of patents as a measure of technological advancements.. Which some chinese like to tom tom as supposed "leadership" in tech.
Military capability is different domain to speak
No one can match usa how much ever u lead in critical tech
But that doesn't mean chinese are not world leaders in field of ai robotics algorithms and other critical sector in civilian domain chinese are truly leaders in the field and importantly they have matched in very little time

DumbPilot

Country flag
Chinese patents are interesting. I usually come across missile guidance papers/or anything using guidance algorithms because I have a hobby project of coding the apollo guidance computer, and in between trying to find NASA/USAF articles, you find out Chinese or Asian or Indian articles(usually)like this:

Using bezier curves, for example, as cruise missile trajectory guidance or within CAD. It's really interesting

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Plus a Chinese patent on top of that. If you go into the meat of things, probably 80% of those patents will be inane BS.
What happened to NGSW programme in the US.looks like that also failed.

All this high tech does not matter if induction is n ready and sustainable quantities does not happen.

Many of these innovations don't translate into victory if they stay as wunderwaffen instead of standard issue common stuff.lots of wasted programmes in the US which has wasted a lot of money for no induction and usage and even the indu Ted ones like LCS has major problems that it makes it a loss on their military readiness

Articles