DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

DumbPilot

Country flag
And don't you dare forget our best friend Russia and how they had sent a nuclear submarine to save the great Aryavart from a combined attack of capitalist USA and Paxtan
As soon as I read "USA", I ran outside to do 512 pushups and grow my moustache as fast as an obese man consumes two burgers, and then I had a great dream about showing it to both these weak countries. I have no need of logistics or commonality, because the enemies will faint as soon as they my sheer masculine might

Sorry I can't read rest of the sentence, because then I may have to end up searching about the reasons why the US military can annex countries half an Earth away

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
i remember watching an episode of "Future Weapons" by legendary Richard "Mack" Machowicz on this exact weapon in my childhood on Discovery Channel, of course in Hindi, and it was my first introduction to ;cluster bombs; and i wanted IAF to have this (kind of) weapon etc,

these exact clips, yes!

gotta say i owe a damn lot to Discovery Channel (and related channels like History Channel etc) for introducing me to lots and lots of weaponry in era of no internet and not even having kampyuters etc to know these things via video games etc;
my very first introduction to F-117 Nighthawk, F-15, F-16, F-22 Raptor, F-35B and muh BRRRRT A-10 Thunderbolt etc all goes to some aviation program on Discovery Channel;
my very first introduction to Tavor CTAR-21 goes to 'Future Weapons';
my very first introduction to M4 6.8mm (by Barrett) goes again to 'Future Weapons';
my very first introduction to F-14 Tomcat goes to History Channel, some episode on carrier borne operations and a Tomcat crashing on it etc (it was some woman pilot crashing it in sea after stalling it something)
and what not

gslv markIII

Country flag
Coz if they don't do this then logistics will be simplified. A simplified logistics is the worst thing you can have in case of a war.

Imagine an artillery battery of ATAGS with guns manufactured by TATA or Kalyani instead of both. Can you even imagine how easy it would be to use parts of one in other!? It would be a nightmare

Logistics is a Western construct, a propaganda, a leftist lie
Reject logistics
Interchangeability is a thing, and having two vendors supply wouldn't pose much problem as long as you ensure the same.

It was DRDO which developed the ATAGS, and I don't think Kalyani/Tata is the one who does the production drawings & decides on tolerances.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Its literally a net loss for their indigenous military in armoured segment. No polish tanks even planned to be inducted, that's itself so much emotional damage. Earlier almost everything of tracked IFV and Tanks were made in Poland. All that several years.
No follow up on WR 40 MLRS, no follow up on PT91 twardy and AHS Krab, so much work went on these and no follow ups, emotional damage imo after all those great upgrades came from Poland and modifications of pt91. Bas sab ToT kar k sher banege. Jai mata di from my side.

Arre bhaiya 500 HIMARS, 1000 K2, 500 Abrams, 1000 Borsuks, 500 AS21 IFVs, 200-300 K239 Chunmoos, next Reich banane ka plan h kya?
Dela sign nhi Hui ki yha lungi dance chalu kar diya aapne. Plan toh pakistan 10,000 stealth planes ka bhi kar leta h from Allah on the day of reckoning.

Jab aa jaaye ye sab aur deal sign ho tab yha tashreef pesh kariyega warna toh khene m kya jaata h. Sab bakwaas bas Poland bnega ab next super power of Europe.

If I were to take such plans as face value generally, then IA would have well passed it's modernisation goal long ago. Basically jab aa Jaye tab baat karna warna speculations m toh sab 4x bade h.

I guess next news would be Poland planning to induct Ukrainian version of Iskander Hirm-2 in 2-5k numbers. Also I am waiting for 150+ F35s for Poland, USA empty your pockets you morons, can't you see they are at the forefront of NATO against Orks, jeez can you believe these stupid Americans not offering F35s for like 1/4th price.

In all seriousness, even Pakistanis seem more sane than these Polish weapon figures.

I don't even believe planned something for Indian armed forces unless they actually are inducted, let alone would I give that doubt to some country like Poland, China sure but not Poland.
Americans have realized that of all the countries in Europe, Poland is the only biggish country with intention to fight Russia and absolute hatred for Russians. So, they going to make sure that they are major land military power.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Interchangeability is a thing, and having two vendors supply wouldn't pose much problem as long as you ensure the same.

It was DRDO which developed the ATAGS, and I don't think Kalyani/Tata is the one who does the production drawings & decides on tolerances.
Fun fact : Both designs are not based on the same TDP provided by DRDO. Except for the "concept" of gun everything is pretty much different.

It's not like you can use a bolt carrier from Aero Precision in a rifle from Daniel Defence. It's more like Stoner gave the TDP of AR-180 and one firm developed Bren 2 from it and the other a SCAR.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Fun fact : Both designs are not based on the same TDP provided by DRDO. Except for the "concept" of gun everything is pretty much different.

It's not like you can use a bolt carrier from Aero Precision in a rifle from Daniel Defence. It's more like Stoner gave the TDP of AR-180 and one firm developed Bren 2 from it and the other a SCAR.
In the case of ATAGS though, the Army will have to choose one of the 2 design philosophies from TASL or Bharat Forge, and both firms will have to manufacture only the chosen design philosophy, since you are right there are two very distinct differences between the guns of both the firms. This has been known for sometime now.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
In the case of ATAGS though, the Army will have to choose one of the 2 design philosophies from TASL or Bharat Forge, and both firms will have to manufacture only the chosen design philosophy, since you are right there are two very distinct differences between the guns of both the firms. This has been known for sometime now.
Let's hope that's what happens.
Otherwise we all have seen what happened with our standardized camo

Articles