DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

aspdeepak

Country flag
You've already proven that you're an absolute dumb

Now watch this video, then post something pure shit here and prove that you're a blind too

As of now I'm the only one between you and me providing any kind of citations and I think I've provided more than what you deserved, so that's all from my side. Won't going to entertain a technologically retarded troll for whole day.

I still stand by my statement.
At 70k a shot, Longbow Hellfire is one of the best option to engage small drones unless we get to more cheaper guided options like Raytheon Coyote.
You dumb retard you still don't get the point, you are an arrogant a$$ who think who knows everything not to understand the basics of aerodynamics, target detection and engagements...

ATGMs cannot replace SAMs....

Shooting drones is quite different than engaging a speeding fighter/cruise missile which gives very less time to detect, track and engage.

Until you understand this there's no point in continuing this discussion further...

As I mentioned already you don't deserve my valuable time..

Lonewarrior

Country flag
At 70k a shot, Longbow Hellfire is one of the best option to engage small drones unless we get to more cheaper guided options like Raytheon Coyote.
This was my statement
And this was yours

This pretty much sums up what kind of argument you're giving and what I was, this whole time.

On one hand I was just saying (1) if US can repurpose ATGMs as SAMs and SAMs as ASMs to lower logistical issues, we could take idea and do something in case of QRSAM and Akash-NG (2) Hellfire is a cost effective option to deal with UAVs as long as we don't have a better alternative and you were simply butt hurt on each of my post and were so adamant to prove me wrong that you didn't even bothered to research on you're own and think.

In this forum I've a long reputation of going deep into technical detail, providing citations, 3D models, patents and writing long posts to make people understand things that they find complex but this doesn't mean की किसी भी चमन चूतिए के पिछे वक्त बर्बाद करूं।

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You dumb retard you still don't get the point, you are an arrogant a$$ who think who knows everything not to understand the basics of aerodynamics, target detection and engagements...

Shooting drones is quite different than engaging a speeding fighter/cruise missile which gives very less time to detect, track and engage.

Until you understand this there's no point in continuing this discussion further...

As I mentioned already you don't deserve my valuable time..
Heres the thing - Understand what SAM means.

Surface. To. Air. Missile.

If any guided rocket propelled warhead can be shot into the air to hit a flying target, it is a SAM. Is it as good as dedicated SAM? Nope. Can it be good enough? Absolutely. Look up ADATS program of US, developed an ATGM/SAM combo missile that did the job of both in one vehicle.

abingdonboy

Country flag
SystemAkash-NGQRSAM
UsersIndian Air ForceIndian Army
RadarX-band MFRX-band BMFR, C-band BSR
Range3km to 30km*3km to 30km
Altitude14km6-10km*
Components1 Weapon System contains 6 Firing Units with each FU having 4 Missile Launch Vehicles. Each MLV contains 6 ready to fire missiles.1 Weapon System contains 3 Batteries with each battery having 4 Combat Groups with each CG having 1 Missile Launch Vehicle. One MLV contains 6 ready to fire missiles.
Total Missiles per System
144​
72​
I really don’t understand the logic in AKASH-NG only having a 30Km range which is barely even an upgrade on the Akash OG, people had speculated 50-70KM, 30 is pretty lame for something coming this late in the day and that will be plugged into the strategic AD network of India, QRSAM is a tactical system for mobile mechanised units

Fatalis

Country flag
Any news on the number of units IAF is looking for.
40-80.

I have one doubt. In the RFI, Air Force states that the required capacity is 18-30 tons. So, if it is less than 18 or more than 30 so it won't qualify. If that is the case then only contenders will be C-130J, Il-276 and C-390.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This is not a new stuff first time this 'Super Hind' was revealed in South Africa by certain ATE group during 1998, they seemed to be restarting this program in emergence of russian SMO in ukraine
it's already in limited service with Algeria and Azerbaijan

You mean poor photoshop wont cut it with IAF ?
not photoshop at all it's real thing just not that appreciated

some pics here at