DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
QR-SAM:- light, high maneuvering (Like WVR AAM), high mobility, single unit system (Guidence integrated), better capability to kill low Target, small range , low cost.
How can a missile developed from a BVRAAM be like a WVRAAM?
If by mobility you mean platform mobility; then it has nothing to do with missiles but the vehicle you mount it. Again, by single unit system you mean a system like Tor or Pantsir then you can simply achieve the same by slapping AESA plates on Akash-NG. As for as range is concerned, then currently available open sources points almost same range. And as for as low cost is concerned, an AESA based missile will never be low no matter if it's QRSAM or Akash-NG or made by USA or Pakistan.
Akash NG:- moderately heavy, maneuvering ( Like BVR AAM) multiple units (Guidence not integrated in each system) use common source of Guidence, better capability to kill high Targets. Moderate -Long range, high cost.
Integration of all systems on a single platform is quite an easy task. As far as common source of guidance is concerned if I'm not wrong then Akash-NG uses active radar guidance, just like QRSAM.
immediate danger like drone, artillery shell, rocket,
Nope; you're entering into C-RAM territory. Both systems are SAM

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Hellfire - short range IIR seeker with tandem warhead designed for defeating slow moving tanks/armoured
1. Hellfire also has millimetric wave radar seeker; something perfectly suited to lock on smaller targets like modified COTS drone.
2. Indeed Hellfire has tandem HEAT warhead, but it also has a fragmentation sleeve.
3. As far as shaped charge is concerned...
...ADATS, one of the most effective SHORAD used a shaped charge
...RBS 70, a dedicated MANPAD uses a shaped charge
SAM - ranges longer than ATGMS, mostly radar with tungsten fragments upon proximity detonation for agile aircrafts(soft skinned
1. The same mmW radar seeker of Hellfire can be used as a proximity fuze by simply a software update
2. SAM includes everything from MANPADs to ABMs; are you sure ATGMs are shorter ranged then all "SAMs"?

Correct me if I'm wrong
Or otherwise I'm waiting for your argument

aspdeepak

Country flag
1. Hellfire also has millimetric wave radar seeker; something perfectly suited to lock on smaller targets like modified COTS drone.
2. Indeed Hellfire has tandem HEAT warhead, but it also has a fragmentation sleeve.
3. As far as shaped charge is concerned...
...ADATS, one of the most effective SHORAD used a shaped charge
...RBS 70, a dedicated MANPAD uses a shaped charge

1. The same mmW radar seeker of Hellfire can be used as a proximity fuze by simply a software update
2. SAM includes everything from MANPADs to ABMs; are you sure ATGMs are shorter ranged then all "SAMs"?

Correct me if I'm wrong
Or otherwise I'm waiting for your argument
Ok I give up to you..

Next thing you will ask is why the hell we need apache instead of flying Abrams...

You won bro 🤣🤣🤣

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Aree bhaiya agar akash-ng and QRSAM lagbhag same h toh, why is there a army version of akash-ng, alti engagement of both is also 14km as QRSAM one was also increased according to tej of janes wala
There has to be something different to warrant this boi below for army, very little reason to believe that range of akash-ng is just 30km
View attachment 194685
It looks good, rather it looks beautiful

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
QR-SAM:- light, high maneuvering (Like WVR AAM), high mobility, single unit system (Guidence integrated), better capability to kill low Target, small range , low cost.

Akash NG:- moderately heavy, maneuvering ( Like BVR AAM) multiple units (Guidence not integrated in each system) use common source of Guidence, better capability to kill high Targets. Moderate -Long range, high cost.

Use:-
QR-SAM walk in vicinity of infantry, need to we quick and independent, need to address immediate danger like drone, artillery shell, rocket,

Aksha NG:- they usually defend single point or they stay far back from infantry, they make a impregnable wall of defence which should not be breached by Aircrafts.

Why can't use both?? Because you need lighter system if you are working close to war zone as it needs frequent refill and high logistics.
Check the weight of both the missile ,both are similar in weight,cost is also similar

vishnugupt

Country flag
How can a missile developed from a BVRAAM be like a WVRAAM?
If by mobility you mean platform mobility; then it has nothing to do with missiles but the vehicle you mount it. Again, by single unit system you mean a system like Tor or Pantsir then you can simply achieve the same by slapping AESA plates on Akash-NG. As for as range is concerned, then currently available open sources points almost same range. And as for as low cost is concerned, an AESA based missile will never be low no matter if it's QRSAM or Akash-NG or made by USA or Pakistan.

Integration of all systems on a single platform is quite an easy task. As far as common source of guidance is concerned if I'm not wrong then Akash-NG uses active radar guidance, just like QRSAM.

Nope; you're entering into C-RAM territory. Both systems are SAM
I think Your original question was why can't we use same missile for both purpose?

Akash NG is heavier missile with long range (almost Double) so obviously nobody will use it as theatre point defence.

You can't not achieve better guidance just by attaching Radar plats on vehicle. It will be underutilised then. It need Radar mount.

Nobody will prefer to choose heavy weapons in war zone. It needs to be quick in mobility.

I think all these factors are enough to build different system for two requirements than relying on single system.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Stinger vs Hellfire

You are proving time and again that you are over smart...
US army has successfully tested a same launcher to fire...
...MHTK to engage mortar, rocket, artillery
...Hellfire to engage small drones
...Stinger to engage small drone, helicopters
...AIM-9X to engage aircraft

And still you're being an ostrich, pushing your head deeper and deeper in the sand with each post.
What's the issue with you man!?

Last edited:

aspdeepak

Country flag
Stinger vs Hellfire

You are proving time and again that you are over smart...
US army has successfully tested a same launcher to fire...
...MHTK to engage mortar, rocket, artillery
...Hellfire to engage small drones
...Stinger to engage small drone, helicopters
... AIM-9X to engage aircraft

And still you're being an ostrich, pushing your deeper and deeper in the sand with each post.

What's the issue with you man!?
[/QUOTE]

"Hellfire to engage small drones"

You are proving your stupidity time and again why should I waste my time and energy on this non-sense.

Arguing with an idiot is pointless...

Lonewarrior

Country flag
"Hellfire to engage small drones"

You are proving your stupidity time and again why should I waste my time and energy on this non-sense.

Arguing with an idiot is pointless...

तुम पागल वागल हो क्या बे?

You don't know whether a mmW radar seeker can be used as proximity sensor or not. You don't know there are already successfully surface to air missiles that use shaped charge. You don't have even an iota of knowledge that there are numerous ATGMs with longer range than "SAMs".

What the hell do you know other than blabbering aRgUiNg WiTh IdIoT on each post!?

Arguing with an idiot is pointless or you simply don't have any freaking point to argue with anyone??

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Show me please??
Refer to poster on aero India thread, one is near 230 other is 275 , qrsam solid motor is for burning till it's endgame , that's why it's heavy, otherwise you can have vlsrsam for similar range

aspdeepak

Country flag

तुम पागल वागल हो क्या बे?

You don't know whether a mmW radar seeker can be used as proximity sensor or not. You don't know there are already successfully surface to air missiles that use shaped charge. You don't have even an iota of knowledge that there are numerous ATGMs with longer range than "SAMs".

What the hell do you know other than blabbering aRgUiNg WiTh IdIoT on each post!?

Arguing with an idiot is pointless or you simply don't have any freaking point to argue with anyone??
ATGMs have longer range my @$$

For shooting small drones even we can use guns..

It's altitude coverage that matters.

The SAMs are meant to for low to high altitude fast agile air targets.

Acquiring a target within a couple of seconds tracking it engaging it is not the same as ATGMS.

As I mentioned even bullets can be used to bring cheap drones you don't even need an ATGM.

If lucky we can even engage a helicopter provided it has enough reaction time.

But SAMs are meant for fast engagements.
Moreover they have fragmentation wareheads to increase the probability of destruction of the areal targets..

Remember even a slingshot can bring a drone 😁

Lonewarrior

Country flag
ATGMs have longer range my @$$

For shooting small drones even we can use guns..

It's altitude coverage that matters.

The SAMs are meant to for low to high altitude fast agile air targets.

Acquiring a target within a couple of seconds tracking it engaging it is not the same as ATGMS.

As I mentioned even bullets can be used to bring cheap drones you don't even need an ATGM.

If lucky we can even engage a helicopter provided it has enough reaction time.

But SAMs are meant for fast engagements.
Moreover they have fragmentation wareheads to increase the probability of destruction of the areal targets..

Remember even a slingshot can bring a drone 😁
You've already proven that you're an absolute dumb

Now watch this video, then post something pure shit here and prove that you're a blind too

As of now I'm the only one between you and me providing any kind of citations and I think I've provided more than what you deserved, so that's all from my side. Won't going to entertain a technologically retarded troll for whole day.

I still stand by my statement.
At 70k a shot, Longbow Hellfire is one of the best option to engage small drones unless we get to more cheaper guided options like Raytheon Coyote.